Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will do, kuno.
    Well, this afternoon/ evening has been a whirlwind.
    If I wasn't sure that I'm middle management before today, I am now. We had a meeting today at 4. The only people there were my 3 bosses, the survey/ financial president, and me. The next couple months, starting MONDAY, are going to be busy, with a high likelihood of overtime (go hybrid pay! boo forced overtime.)
    Raced home while talking to Mom. Got changed and drove to the Midland mall to clean out Hot topic for my sister. Decided while I was there to try on various articles of clothing (not in Hot Topic, elsewhere in the mall) that I would've vetoed immediately as bad for my shape before. I... I can wear some empire waist tops and banded bottom tops without looking pregnant. That's a first. I still can't wear stuff with much volume in the stomach area, but I can wear stuff that I would've outright vetoed before. I also discovered why all my shirts seem a little short: I'm long waisted. I put on a knee length bandage dress and noticed that my hips seemed to sit about a hand's width below where they should. I'm really thinknig about going back for a one shoulder top I liked after Christmas. I would've bought it tonight, but I never buy anything for myself during the holidays. That just guarantees that I'll get a duplicate from someone else. Walked and tried stuff on for a couple hours.
    Went to Genghis Grill for dinner around 830, finally broke my fast around 9. In my bowl: marinated steak, sliced steak, scallops, shrimp, calamari, onion, bell pepper, water chestnuts, green beans, pineapple, 2 eggs, garlic, more garlic, and hot chili sauce.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner: 12 oz ribeye, 1 sweet potato, 3 tbsp butter, caesar salad.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Must be exciting to try on new clothes! Even if you're not into shopping or clothes horsing, it must feel like a great indicator of how far you've come, eh?
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Jenny, I actually do like shopping when I'm not desperately hunting for something that doesn't exist. I haven't been doing much on the shopping, actually, because Christmas is so close. The only (non food and toiletry) things I've really bought for myself since Thanksgiving has been some bras (I needed some that weren't too big and knew no one else'd buy them) and a pullup bar, which I just finished assembling.
          I think I like the pull up bar I got. It's not a permanent one, just one that hooks onto a door. Offers multiple grips and can also be used for dips, pushups, and several other things. I tried it out only to discover that I can only get half way up. I borrowed to stool from the kitchen and used one leg to take some weight off. With that, I got to what would've been all the way if the stool weren't too short.
          Went to a urgent care clinic becuase I don't have the sick time to use to go to the doc. I have a sinus infection. I told him I wanted to try to beat it without antibiotics and he gave me a couple pointers. He also gave a scrip for abx if I can't beat it in 10 days (that means its really too powerful for my body to beat without help).
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I like shopping at this time of year due to the crowds and craziness. Well, actually I don't like to SHOP now but i do like to go TO shops now...the mall etc. That way I don't have to wait in lines but still get the fun mood and energy.

Wonder if I'll like clothes shopping later when I have more choices at regular stores? Right ow I just have a uniform wardrobe of various black pants plus v-neck tees in various colors.

Sounds like you have the same pull up bar we have. So did it still feel like a good workout with the stool? We got some woody bands to assist with ours but I can't try them yet.

Good luck with the sinus infection. Use lots of saline spray and maybe have some honey?
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Felt pretty good with the stool, seemed to work well.
              Dinner: Jack In the Box- sirloin burger without the bun, ultimate cheeseburger without bun, hearty bowl without hashbrowns, a few stolen fries, and 2 frozen chocolate covered cherries.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today's shaping up to be a WONDERFUL day. /sarcasm
                Merry fucking Christmas to my bosses and all our clients. They can all stand in line to kiss my ass as a Christmas gift.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• DAy's getting better.
                  Holy crap, there's a lunar eclipse, winter solstice AND a full moon tonight. Looks like it's time to pull out my tarot deck, stones, goblet, and ritual stuff tonight. It'll be a serious night of introspection, meditation, divination, and Universe rites.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I am definitley getting up to check out the eclipse ,never seen one before
                    "Misfortune
                    can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
                    come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
                    new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
                    things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Comment

• I love eclipses -- and I'm sure to be awake around then, too! Thanks for the heads-up!

And... yipes, hope work gets better. At least it'll be a powerful evening, eh?

Comment

• Work IS getting better. I think a large chunk of it getting better just required my wrapping my head around the idea of the inevitable: civils with PEs are management. I've never seen a case where that wasn't true.
                        Tonight will be powerful. I can feel my psyche, mind and intuition gearing up for it. It's that loose floaty feeling you get when you're prepping for a major spiritual event, whne everything is lining up just right. I haven't had this in a while.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch dice game: (20 min)
                          1) 2+1+2 jump squats
                          2) 2+2 push- ups (30*)
                          3) 1+6+3 burpees
                          4) 20s+ 30s +20s+26s planks
                          5) 4 bench dips (using a chair)
                          6) pistol squats (4+6 per leg) (what I'm calling a pistol squat isn't quite right, because I can't get my thigh to parallel without mt knee bending, I can only got to 135* on one leg and 90* on the other, and on my weak leg I'm touching a wall for balance. But I'm trying....)
                          IF for lunch.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• IF and workout - great stuff! Great to hear your work is getting better, I am assuming getting in the right mindset helps a lot too.
                            Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• It does help, but what would help more is if my boss would realize that him going on a vacation shouldn't necessitate overtime and stress for me to turn is something beforehand that could just s easily and much more comfortably be turned in that next week.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today officially qualifies under shittastic.
                                I got chewed out over client relations for no reason given other than "show them more respect and don't make 'em look stupid" ( client didn't say what I did to tweak him off, just that I had.) I have met said client for all of 20 min, once, at a meeting. I said my hellos, I asked him a question, I asked the vendor a technical question. I paid what I thought to be the proper respect and dignity and all that elected official BS.
                                My deadline got pushed up. My boss's lack of planning became a "take it home, work over time, GET IT DONE" emergency for me. So I'm having to work overtime, and take my work home on a fucking holiday week because his dumbass didn't plan the job around his damn vacation. I got saddled with it because, hey, it's not like I have an vacation time anyways, right? So I have to write a 30 page report by close of business Wednesday. Mind you, I wasn't even able to finish the data before I had to start the report. I had to hand it over, and then try and explain my logic and thought process. thankfully, it's the surveyor that was out with me to do the raw data collection, so it wasn't much explanation, but it was still time I needed to write that damn report. What pisses me off is the report isn't even due to client for review until the 2nd. He made up a fucking emergency becuase his dumb ass can't fucking count.
                                Thanks to stress fucking eith my self control (it was taking all the self control I had not to slug my boss), I ate half a mini pumpkin loaf and 2 pieces of peanut fudge. Nope, no self berating on that one at all. <---insert sarcasm font
                                To an absolutely fantabulous day that much better, I had to break down and get the damn antibiotics for this sinus infection. Apparently, the doc gets a kickback from this drug company because rather than a z-pac or amoxycillin, he gives me the 210 dollar one (insurance only paid 160) used to treat fucking pneumonia and chlamydia. $50. For a fucking antibiotic.
                                Because today has been so WONDERFULLY shitty, I'm going to break down and have pizza tonight. Little local Italian restaurant makes a mean pizza (better than anything but homemade) and great garlic rolls.
                                I know I shouldn't be this fucknig emotional over what isn't that bad a day, but, well, I am. Geek believes it may be due to me being sick and I'm inclined to believe him.
                                As to the rest of the motherfuckers who decided to fuck with me, even if they didn't realize they were (I'm looking at you, mr "I'm do 50 in a 75 mph zone"): You, too, can stand in line to kiss my pasty white ass.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X