Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyweight dice:
    1) 12 pistols per leg (with 2 fingers of one hand on the desk for balance, I got down to 90* on my left leg, 110* on my right leg)
    2) pushups- didn't come up
    3) bicycle crunches- 8
    4) plank- 110 s total, over 4 tries
    5) burpees- 9
    6) mountain climber- 7
    in 15 min, including getting up to click the mouse to roll the dice.
    ETA: Just got back from a 20 min walk. 35 this morning, 76 out there right now. Not cool. Pick fall or summer, Mother Nature, you can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 12-15-2010, 11:55 AM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I found the energy that comes with an IF. Never seen it before, but it's here now. The downside? I'm stuck at work for another15 min, then I hafta drive home fore half an hour. I wanna run and play and such. I have a feeling that when I get home, I'll just wanna sack out.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm not running back to fecking Andrews in the morning and I'm sure as hell not walking/ running home in a sweater! I may do some sprints when I get home, though.
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          Bodyweight dice:
          1) 12 pistols per leg (with 2 fingers of one hand on the desk for balance, I got down to 90* on my left leg, 110* on my right leg)
          2) pushups- didn't come up
          3) bicycle crunches- 8
          4) plank- 110 s total, over 4 tries
          5) burpees- 9
          6) mountain climber- 7
          in 15 min, including getting up to click the mouse to roll the dice.
          ETA: Just got back from a 20 min walk. 35 this morning, 76 out there right now. Not cool. Pick fall or summer, Mother Nature, you can't have it both ways.
          Great workout!
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

I know what I'm doing at lunch: body weight exercises. I found a random number generator online that'll mimic a pair of dice. the top number is the exercise I do, the bottom is how many I do.
            1) pistol squats ( 1 ea leg)
            2) pushups
            3) bicycle crunches (1 each side)
            4) plank (15s x # on second die)
            5) burpees
            6) mountain climber
            You may have noticed there were no pull- ups on that list. That's because I'm at work and have no desire to break something using it as a pull up bar.
            That is such an awesome idea! So, creative! Gotta love ya for coming up with this shit

Don't you love IFing? I've stopped trying to work it into my schedule, it just happens naturally. I can't make myself eat one day, another day I eat half a cow after I've drowned it in butter (omg, this statement would induce the tears of every vegan). The energy is awesome; exercising after an IF is so overpowering!
            "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
              That is such an awesome idea! So, creative! Gotta love ya for coming up with this shit

Don't you love IFing? I've stopped trying to work it into my schedule, it just happens naturally. I can't make myself eat one day, another day I eat half a cow after I've drowned it in butter (omg, this statement would induce the tears of every vegan). The energy is awesome; exercising after an IF is so overpowering!
              Thanks for the compliments, y'all. It's that creativity that keeps me working out.
              Meaty, I love IFing, but onyl when it happens on its own, like it did today. otherwise, it's hell.
              Dinner: 1.5 Firesticks (Geek ordered a full instead of small batch), caesar salad, pot roast, and wilted spinach. May make a crepey thing later with sauteed apples and cinnamon.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm thinking that, as much as I like certain aspects of engineering, what I was hired for here isn't what I wanted to do. I feel like large parts of this job include management BS and project management crap. I know I was told I'd be doing specs and addendums and grants and such, but I wasn't told that the job is essentially the lowest level of middle management. I took the job because we needed the money. I'm passionate about certain aspects of it, but it's only the true engineering stuff, which i haven't seen much of. My job is becoming more and more filling out various forms and permits and specs and... secretarial shit. Management shit. I'm happy here, when I'm not being told that my "deadline is two hours away, here's a completely new form/ project," but I'm bored out of my farking skull most of the time. I can't find the zest or that zone of concentration when it's something so damn boring that I've done 5 million times before. It's like they're trying to play me 3 ways: engineer, manager, secretary, and only paying me to be an EIT. If you're going to force me into a management position, PAY me for it, don't pay me barely a step above TxDoT's peon pay. oh sure, "opportunity's for advancement." My first opportunity for advancement (PE) I won't see for 2 years at best. It's not even the money that's irritating me. it's having 3 bosses, all of who assume they assigned me something or assume someone else did until the day its due, when they wonder where the project is and I'm clueless as to that I was supposed to be working on it. It's being management without being officially management. It's that I don't feel like I BELONG here, like I'm on the edge of a clique and they can't figure out whether I'm friend or foe. Honestly, it's that I feel like an idiot half the time because private sector is so damn different from public sector. I got thrown in, sink or swim, and now I'm trying to figure out how to keep my head above water.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Shit. We were supposed to have a high near 60 around noon today. I jsut took a look at the weather page and the temperature has DROPPED since I left home this morning. It's hovering right at 40*F with a windchill of freezing and all I have for warmth is a blazer. Looks like I'll be hauling ass to the car after work and cranking the heater.

ETA: Weather warmed up enough that I could go for a walk and window shopping during lunch.
                  Last edited by naiadknight; 12-16-2010, 12:00 PM.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hmmm...
                    I guess I should get up off my duff and send in that success story to Mark. Anyone have any recommended poses? I don't have much by way of before shots, just the wedding pics. I'll prob post it up in the before/ after thread, too.
                    I also realized that, aside from size changes, I'm still dressing much the same as I was 15-20 lb ago. I have no real idea how to dress the body I have now. I know some rules probably still apply (empire waists and stuff like that has ALWAYS made me look 6 months along, no matter what size I was), but I'm actually thinknig about injecting some pattern and body conscious stuff into my wardrobe, as well as trying on things that I'd never tried before (stuff that actually shows off my thighs and shows how tiny I've gotten).
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Aaaw, I was just gonna say that it's great that you have a job doing something you're passionate about but I guess that's not the case right now.
                      I got depressed looking for writer jobs and seen various degrading opportunities like "write 60 700 word articles for 130$". It's like writers are worth less than toilette cleaners at McDonald's

But yeah, you can take your time at this job while being on the look out for something more exciting. Any company would be lucky to have you! See how quickly you charmed them at this company? I imagine the economy is still pretty crappy right now, so this "three employees for the price of one" policy is very common. Same with writing; you have to do PR, web design, editing, writing and clerical work.
                      You should look around, go on some job interviews (a dreaded practice...!)

Oh my God, Naiad, darling! Congrats! I'd love to gawk and drool all over your success story post You rock for losing so much, I'm so proud (just imagine you have an aunt somewhere in Canada who will be filled with tears and pride).

Pose suggestions: slutty tight clothing+ hand on hip+ chin high up+ smile of "I'm fucking Xena the Warrior Princess" on your face= AWESOME AFTER PICTURE

<3
                      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Thanks, Meaty. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm better now, but data entry and formwork doesn't exactly scream engineer to me.
                        IF until 7. Dinner was spag sauce (no sugar added, olive oil only, organic) cooked with italian sausage over broccoli, zucchini, carrot.
                        Dessert: egg crepe stuffed with sauteed apple and pecans and topped with more apple and pecan, as well as a dollop of the PB jam I found.
                        Last edited by naiadknight; 12-16-2010, 08:12 PM.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

I got thrown in, sink or swim, and now I'm trying to figure out how to keep my head above water.
                          Breathe

*** HA! I just checked the MDA front page - It's all about breathing!!

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          Hmmm...
                          I guess I should get up off my duff and send in that success story to Mark.

I also realized that, aside from size changes, I'm still dressing much the same as I was 15-20 lb ago. I have no real idea how to dress the body I have now. I know some rules probably still apply (empire waists and stuff like that has ALWAYS made me look 6 months along, no matter what size I was), but I'm actually thinknig about injecting some pattern and body conscious stuff into my wardrobe, as well as trying on things that I'd never tried before (stuff that actually shows off my thighs and shows how tiny I've gotten).
                          Yes, send it in!

Um, I don't know.
                          Do some window shopping, look at women your size. Take note of what you like and what you don't like.
                          Watch "What Not to Wear"???

Have fun! This is a GOOD problem to have
                          Last edited by winencandy; 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: added MDA front page check
                          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse
                          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanks, WnC. I'm surfing shopstyle and forever21 right now to get ideas.
                            I was gearing up to do my body weight stuff during lunch only to realize that it's impossible to do that in a pencil skirt. I'm in high heel boots today, so a walk really isn't an option either. Damn.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Holy Mother of God, my bursitis is back. Thanks to this damn repetitive work at the office and non supportive mouse pad, I'm hurting. I guess I'm putting my wrist brace on when I get home.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Naiad,

Two words. Fish Oil.
                                I had the same experience last week at my new office---nothing is set up quite right ergonomically-wise.
                                I went up to 5 gms of Fish Oil for awhile, it seems to be doing the trick.

Hang in there, Gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
                                X