No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, time to ditch the dairy again. That gunk I had last week didn't vanish, it just turned into a sinus infection. I guess i'm buying a neti pot on the way home.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Neti pots rock. And I like your workout idea... sounds fun! Though I'm in no shape right now, I'd break a hip.
      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• whats a hotlink?
        sigpic

Comment

• Apparently, it's a regional thing. It's a really hot and spicy sausage, usually about bratwurst sized.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch: spanish omelet, a Blizzard (dammit, that whole no coat thing doesn't work when it's in the 70s.)
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• yo! 'sup? wicked workout idea. I might steal it and use it for myself. kids love it when I play together with them!
              Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
                yo! 'sup? wicked workout idea. I might steal it and use it for myself. kids love it when I play together with them!
                Like I said, inspired by Mark's WOW. Well, memories of being a kid, too. we used to do that on the swingset, tree, and chainlink fence at the house growing up. We liked being able to sit down too much to get on the roof.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• In the off season we used to climb the racks that where used to dry cod. They are very tall and very slippery from the fat of the fish. It's a wonder we never fell down and broke arms and legs or worse.

They look like this:

And there used to be a lot of them before, but not so much now.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• Oh wow! That's pretty cool, Sun.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks I remember them with fondness - we even made "tree" huts in them. as you may notice there aren't many tall trees around where I grew up, and those that were tall enough to be built tree huts in were in other peoples gardens. So we made do with the racks bot for climbing and tree huts.

Maybe why I am fascinated with oaks and other large trees.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

• I am, and I grew up with them. Then again, out here, aside from trees people have planted, it's all scrub brush. Granted, that scrub brush is actually the largest oak forest on earth, but none of it's over 6' tall, most of it tops out around shin to waist height (hence, the name for it, shinry.)
                        Last edited by naiadknight; 12-14-2010, 02:08 PM.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Very cool Sun, I can see why you loved to climb them.
                          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse
                          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I know, I know Bone. I'm gonna hafta to break that habit all over again. Here we go, starting..... Now.... ok, NOW.... ok.... no, seriously, NOW!
                            Dinner: BAS from Jason's Deli (spring mix, spinach, grape toms, red and yellow bell, 2 eggs, bacon, apple, broccoli, cuke, walnut fruit mix, italian dressing) and gumbo They put rice in my gumbo. rice doesnot belong in gumbo, dammit.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• The neti pot seemed to have worked some sort of magic. I still have some gunk in mythroat and a headache (yes, I've been bitchy because of a heacahe that won't go away and TOM, lemme alone), but Aleve is working on one and removing the dairy will take care of the other.
                              Someone brought asado to work. I love asado, but the thought of ANY food is unappetizing this early in the morning.
                              ETA: I have come to the firm conclusion that this week can go fuck itself and take it's demonspawn days with it to the masturbation orgy.
                              Last edited by naiadknight; 12-15-2010, 07:49 AM.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I know what I'm doing at lunch: body weight exercises. I found a random number generator online that'll mimic a pair of dice. the top number is the exercise I do, the bottom is how many I do.
                                1) pistol squats ( 1 ea leg)
                                2) pushups
                                3) bicycle crunches (1 each side)
                                4) plank (15s x # on second die)
                                5) burpees
                                6) mountain climber
                                You may have noticed there were no pull- ups on that list. That's because I'm at work and have no desire to break something using it as a pull up bar.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X