No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH! I bought Geek a coupla minor gifts yesterday, including 2 neoprene face masks for when he's out in the field and it's balls freezing cold. 1 is reversible: black on one side, a print of a zombie face (complete with scratches and stitching and green skin) on the other. The other is a black full face (both are full face, actually) with a 360* fleece bib that'll tuck into his shirt/ coat. It reminded me of ninja gear, which is why I got it for him.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• zombie ninjas..... sweet.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
        zombie ninjas..... sweet.
        +1
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I also did Ritual last night. My place and position at this job had me confused as to where I sat and what I needed to do first. Sought clarification and guidance. I started carrying my Lord/ Chaos and Goddess/ Light stones with me as a tactile back to the ritual and connection to each.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• DAMN, it's fecking COLD in this office. if I had balls, they'd be snowballs. My hands are threatening to turn into icicles. This is WITH my space heater on full blast.
            ETA: Somebody revoke my geek status. My space heater was blasting cold air because some idiot had reset the damn thing and din't bother to reset the heater setting, so it was on fan.
            Last edited by naiadknight; 12-10-2010, 10:19 AM.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              DAMN, it's fecking COLD in this office. if I had balls, they'd be snowballs. My hands are threatening to turn into icicles. This is WITH my space heater on full blast.
              i gotcher cold right *here*.

also, i thoroughly enjoyed watching you spread non plaguebearing hugs throughout the forum. that was awesome.
              sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Originally posted by batty View Post
                i gotcher cold right *here*.

also, i thoroughly enjoyed watching you spread non plaguebearing hugs throughout the forum. that was awesome.
                What? People don't need to catch the plague because they need a hug. Thanks.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• For those still nosey abt that big decision I was talking abt a while back, here's the situation and the resolution:
                  Geek was offered a position at the company his company contracts to. It would have been a SIGNIFICANT raise (2-3x what he's making right now), same job, and a guaranteed raise every year, but he would have been home even less than he is now. He took the offer to his company and said "what can you do about this?" He got their response just now: "we can't match it, but we can offer you 40% more and everything remains the same, except that we'll give you more information than we have been and we'll try to give you more time home." The decision was easy, once we heard the counteroffer. He's staying with his current company.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Nice!!! Talk about a bargaining chip!

~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

• That is a NICE counteroffer. That's great! I can see how that would be a big decision. Glad you're at a point in your lives where Geek can afford to stick with having more time home instead of having to go for the huge money. (though 40% is nothing to sneeze at!) WIN.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• We're both engineers, so we can live comfortably as is. More money is good, to a certain extent, but then you gotta start getting rid of it before Uncle Sam demands an even larger cut. The decision originally was whether he'd stay on at his company even if it was only a small or no raise. We were honestly thinking abt him staying at his company regardless of whether they offered a decent raise. The other company would've had him gone for a month or so at a time, if not worse. We decided that "US" was more important than money, if we had enough to live comfortably. The extra 40% was just icing on the cake.
                        Our original plan, right after college, was to have no more bills each month than one of us could pay, just in case one lost their job. So far, we've kept it that way, including house payment, student loans and all that. It would've been a VERY tight existence doing that back then, but we could've, if we needed to. Even back when I got laid off, that was our fallback for after all our savings were drained.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Delicious, delicious financial stability. Congratulations on that, too!

For us our big plan is "Jen keeps her job" basically. I'm primary wage earner and thankfully my job is pretty much un-loseable (and they love me.) My husband is in a great field in terms of helping the local community, but it's one of those noble yet horribly underpaid professions. I feel like that's basically our way of giving to charity; it would be cheaper for us if he were a stay at home dad, really! I have a biz on the side (in Second Life) that helps hugely, too.
                          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I died laughing watching this.
                            http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1cf...user&rel_pos=8
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I ran an experiment on myself today. I wanted to see what all the bad stuff does to me. I knew bits and pieces, but I needed a comparison point.
                              Today's food: pig in a blanket w/ yellow mustard, 3 pieces fudge, 6 oz ribeye, 3 rolls, french fries with cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing, sweet potato with marshmallows, caramel, and brown sugar, and 1.5 glasses DP.
                              Responses
                              1) Never again.
                              2) a general BLEARG feeling
                              3) depression is trying to come back (known side effect of sugar)
                              4) headache
                              5) ear twinges
                              6) racing heart
                              7) racing thought
                              8) cottonheadedness
                              9) fingers are shaking
                              10) ADD is back with a vengeance
                              11) abdomen literally hurts from the flour expansion, 2 hours after the fact.
                              12) bursitis is back
                              Last edited by naiadknight; 12-10-2010, 09:33 PM.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ewww - nasty! Good luck healing up!
                                Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Working...
                                X