Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    I decided I wanted a Blizzard. I also decided that my getting a blizzard required me to walk to DQ with no jacket. I did, I got my Blizzard, I'm back. No comments from the peanut gallery.
    ETA: I couldn't get past 2/3 in. My stomach started revolting. Nothing but nausea and stomach pain, but enough to be a hint.
    *Peanut Gallery*

Well... I think that is a reasonable way to obtain a blizzard...

If i think I want a blizzard, I will keep that in mind (15 degrees out side right now BURRRR)

<3
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Why did nobody tell me that BACON BOURBON existed?!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• because OBVIOUSLY we had no idea... or else that shite would have been all over this place!
        Live Like No One Else

Comment

• Hi there,

This is about something from a couple of pages back. Someone was asking about gooy soups.

Since going starch free, I have been thickening my soups with something I found at the local Asian market, water chestnut powder. Arrowroot also works.

Robin

Comment

• Eh, i rarely thicken soups. IF I thicken it, I thicken with coconut flour or tomato product. Glad you found something that works for you, though.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bacon vodka is more popular round these parts. Also, I think there is a bacon beer, but I believe it's only available on limited release (there was a bacon festival near me that had all sorts of interesting bacon-y goodies)

Comment

• Yeah, but if you can make bacon bourbon, you can make BACON SCOTCH. I think I know my next major kitchen project.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  Most femmes tend to give me a dirty look when I act like a guy. Most guys love it when I act like a guy. I always love it when I can find another female Guy. Finding this many in one place is a true blessing.
                  Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                  It's sort of depressing that our definition of "acting like a guy" is being a rational, non-obnoxious, reasonable, clear communicating human being eh? I always feel like a misogynist.
                  Originally posted by jazmin View Post
                  I think women ROCK! And I know we can do anything in this world that we want to.

I just get disappointed when cool, smart chicks waste their time and talents on emotional drama, shopping, or playing games. I guess I just deplore whining and making oneself into a victim (a reflection on things I don't like about myself, for sure!) We ladies are SO MUCH BETTER than all that crap!

And big +1 to how many smart, awesome, head-screwed-on-straight chicks there are in this forum! I am loving getting to know all of you...
                  Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  I think the Primal lifestyle tends to attract no-nonsense women. One's who could really live in a cave if they had to (without whining about breaking a nail).
                  Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes!!!
                  I love this!
                  Female Guy...

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  Jeezum Crow!!! These new thyroid pills really must be working. I've never gotten over being shaking furious so quickly before. I'm me, but BETTER! Hello world, here comes a Naiad with her life back!
                  Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  I'm dumbfounded by these pills. Really, I am. I have tons more energy, I actually turned off my space heater at work (first time), I can concentrate on my job, I'm AWAKE, I'm not cottonheaded, my mood seems to be better balanced, my mood swings back to center much more quickly, I'm 20.5 hrs into a fast and just now starting to feel it (although I think tea'll take care of that), My ADD seems to have taken a backseat (as in it's there, but I can turn it off, kinda), and I'm... I'm bouncy. I've forgotten what this was like. Damn. And y'all feel like this ALL the time? Holy shit!
                  Excellent!!!

Originally posted by mandabear2010 View Post
                  *Peanut Gallery*

Well... I think that is a reasonable way to obtain a blizzard...

If i think I want a blizzard, I will keep that in mind (15 degrees out side right now BURRRR)

<3
                  I'll trade you Blizzards

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                  "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                  "Moderation sucks." Suse
                  "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                  "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I cant remember if I posted this on you yet...

I have wanted to several times...
                    and tonight

is the night <3

Thanks for being the best "sis" ever ... and a guy/gal all in one!

Live Like No One Else

Comment

• I found a new story! It literally appeared in a dream and meshed so perfectly with a recent movie and a book I recently finished into another book all its own. It's its own story. It's very insistent that it's title is "Blue Tea." This one I may actually finish writing.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• WnC- You can keep your Blizzard, thanks. I preferred mine. Thanks for all the compliments though
                        Manda, I dunno if you've posted that exact one, but you've prob posted a vid to that effect before. I still love it. What's that phrase, "brother of another mother?" Yeah, kinda like that with us (well, sister, except you're a Female Guy, so brother, but you're female... call it sibling?)
                        I <<<<<<<<<3333333333333 ALL my Female Guys on here, y'all ROCK!
                        And, as if y'all can't tell, those pills are still working.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Y'know what I just realized? That nagging shoulder pain is gone. Not lightened, but gone. As in, it feels completely stretched out and like I didn't fuck it up at all.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• gROUP HUG
                            Last edited by batty; 12-07-2010, 09:33 AM. Reason: damn capslock detectors
                            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Nice to see you're feeling better. Nice, isn't it?

sometimes I felt like I was one of those frogs in a pot coming to a slow boil. I started feeling worse and worse slowly, not really realizing how much LESS me I was until I was finally boiled.

Still working on bouncy though... but I'm old, so maybe that part is just gone anyway!
                              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
                                Nice to see you're feeling better. Nice, isn't it?

sometimes I felt like I was one of those frogs in a pot coming to a slow boil. I started feeling worse and worse slowly, not really realizing how much LESS me I was until I was finally boiled.

Still working on bouncy though... but I'm old, so maybe that part is just gone anyway!
                                It's farking AMAZING!!! I had no idea that this could actually happen. I figured it was gone for good.
                                It was actually kinda bizarre... I actually just went into the store for my vitamins because I was out. something kept nudging and niggling at me to check out their thyroid section. I usually get good results from those intuitive hints, so I wandered over there and looked through them all, automatically mentally discarding any of the homeopathic ones. This one just kept seeming more... THERE. It's hard to explain. I figured $19 for 60 pills (my health food shack is overpriced) was a decent experiment. I started out with 2 pills instead of 1 (it just seemd right, I dunno how to explain it) and dropped my levothyroxine (for the purity of the experiment and because I was out.) Seems to be working rather well so far. This may just be the best $15/ month I spend.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X