Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
    1) Dairy as in milk products, I assume? (Why are eggs traditionally classified as dairy anyway?)
    2) Tough to come up with indoor alternatives to walking... hmm... low-intensity exercise of some other kind, maybe?
    3) What's NROLFW?
    1) Correct. I consider eggs to be more in the category of protein and meat than anything else.
    2) I'll make it up as I go along. Those days, I'm more likely than not to curl up in a corner of my office and take a nap anyways.
    3)New Rules of Lifting for Women, one of the best weight workouts I've run across. I don't have time to dig up a link, but it's a book. You could likely find a link to it in Batty's journal, she likes it too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• 1) Me too -- seems a lot of folks here do. For some reason I asked anyway!
      2) Mmm, nap. Well hey, naps are primal too.
      3) Huh, interesting! Sure, I'll check it out. Thanks!
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I have never understood that either when people classify Eggs in with Dairy.... weird. But, eggs are good, eggs are my friend! LOL
        sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Ya know, that's confused me ever since I was a kid!

Comment

• Dinner: arrabiata sauce with italian sausage over sauteed carrot strips and spinach.
            Dessert: I'm about to attempt a primal pecan pie, custard based. we'll see how it goes.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Aha, an explanation. From Wikipedia:

Eggs are categorized as dairy, defining dairy as "food that is produced by animals (other than meat)" rather than as milk specifically. For example, the Open Directory Project at one point listed cooking eggs as a subcategory of cooking dairy products. Defining dairy as limited to milk products, however, is more common.
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• ahhhhhh.... but cheese isn't produced by the animal, it's a human product. By that same definition, honey is dairy. CW for teh win... *facepalm*
                I'll stick with my definition.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Holy Crow, the flan idea worked! I have pecan pie!
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yeah, seems like most people (here and elsewhere) have dropped eggs out of the dairy category. Maybe because now half the world has them in the "evil bad like meat" category... *eyeroll*

Piegratulations!

Comment

• Score one for Niad with the pie!!!

I totally think I have adult ADD too!
                      Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• how did you do it? Did i miss that?

Dairy=Milk and milk product... IMO

Eggs=a heavenly delight

Honey=once in a while DELICIOUS

Naiad=beautiful and wonderful!

*Waves* Hi darlin!
                        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Manda- I posted the recipe the recipe on facebook group and on the forum. I'll find links when I'm not on my crackberry.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            One book I picked up in Dallas (one of the $1 clearance books) went into detail about how those with ADD/ ADHD are actually a genetic throwback to the primal world. It basically says that those with ADD are hunters living in a farmers' world. It's actually pretty fascinating. Attention Deficit Disorder: A New Perspective by Thom Hartmann is the book. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to deal with ADD/ ADHD in themselves or someone else. It basically gives "Hunter's" (ADD/ ADHD folks) an outline of how their "illness" is actually a blessing, if used and channeled correctly.
                            Thank you for this. I will try to find it for my oldest son.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            OH! Apparently, Geek is a little closer to being Primal than he was. . . but baby steps. He's slowly ambling towards Primal.
                            YES!!

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            December Challenge starting today
                            Primal for the Holidays!
                            1) NO dairy except butter. Exception: Eggnog at the in-laws on "Christmas" (usually Christmas Eve night).
                            2) Start walking at lunch. Exceptions: Snow, ice, sleet, and temps below 20*F.
                            3) Weightlifting cycle: MWF, or as DOMS permits. NROLFW exercises, Shovelglove, deck of cards, as mood dictates.
                            4) NO grain. Exceptions: as necessary to allow for being in the field.
                            5) Ritual/ meditation at least once a week. Introvert time once a day. Being on the computer or sacked out in front of the TV does not count towards this.
                            6) Control ADD symptoms better. This includes staying on task at work, actually hearing what Geek says when he talks abt programming and work stuff as opposed to just letting it in one ear and out the other, not leaving stuff halfway done when the project could just as easily be finished.
                            Your December Challenge looks awesome!

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                            Piegratulations!
                            iLike
                            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse
                            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Sorry for the neglect folks. Fr the most part, today was a forced unplug day, together with a forced extroversion day. I'm wiped. Spent the day in rinky-dink Texas (Pecos, for those who may know the area, less than 7500 people) with the surveyor and half of it with Big Boss. It's hard to analyze which streets can be salvaged and which can wait to be worked on when they're ALL shitastic. Seriously, this town has done NO roads maintenance for the past 9 years. After 6 hours, all the roads started lookng the same kind of crappy. Then when I got home, we went over to Guy with Woman Issues (henceforth Guy with Kid) and hung out there for a while. It's been SO long since I've spent time with a true 3 year old (niece was always too old for her physical age), I HAD a blast with Kid, playing and reading and such. Started wanting to retreating into myself by about 8 though. Just too much people time. Just got home and will prob go away in a bit for me time.
                              Lunch: Steak w/ peppers, onions, and toms, 4 bites baked potato
                              dinner: Guy splurged, so I ate pizza and Crazy Bread
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by mandabear2010 View Post
                                how did you do it? Did i miss that?

Dairy=Milk and milk product... IMO

Eggs=a heavenly delight

Honey=once in a while DELICIOUS

Naiad=beautiful and wonderful!

*Waves* Hi darlin!
                                +10
                                sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson