No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing we know the way to make everything all better. I can't wait to see the Christmas decor!
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Your reaction to her pregnancy question sounds appropriate to me. Maybe she'll think twice before quizzing some other woman next time... At least you took it relatively in stride and don't sound super-crushed...

A guy I know jokes it's best to never ask a woman about pregnancy unless you can actually see the head.

Wow, that is one serious dairy reaction! Weeks of recovery... Good luck. Dang.
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
        Good thing we know the way to make everything all better. I can't wait to see the Christmas decor!
        I can't wait to see it either. The only time we've ever had a tree was a rosemary bush named Spike when we lived in Lubbock. It would literally stab you if you walked by it, even across the room. I've redone both cthulhu and the FSM this year, and whatever tree we get will actually have ornaments! No clue what I'll do for a topper. Maybe my rubber devil ducky.

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
        Your reaction to her pregnancy question sounds appropriate to me. Maybe she'll think twice before quizzing some other woman next time... At least you took it relatively in stride and don't sound super-crushed...

A guy I know jokes it's best to never ask a woman about pregnancy unless you can actually see the head.

Wow, that is one serious dairy reaction! Weeks of recovery... Good luck. Dang.
        It bugs me more than crushed me. She had a kid in her arms, fer Pete's sake. I had actually gotten rid of most of the wheat bloat. I have a buddy who claims "Even if you can see the head, don't ask. Let her tell you. For all you know, the head might be a part of HER!"
        I actually had no clue that it was dairy up until about a month ago. I figured hearing was gone due to the ear infections from when I was little and that I was just a genetic abnormality in the earwax dept. Bone was the one who set me on the idea. Thanks, Bone!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• THAT was almost bad. The only thing that kept me from eating Little Caesar's pizza tonight was the good fortune of them being closed.
          ETA: Dinner instead- Arby's roast beef on top of romaine, spinach, tomato, green bell, onion, and broccoli, topped with a garlic- red wine- olive oil vinaigrette.
          Last edited by naiadknight; 11-28-2010, 05:36 PM.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• So, when I got to the in- laws, I discovered they had pizza. Being the [insert personal insult here] I am, I had 3 slices. The headache I had that started around 2 is still hanging around, i'm sure the pizza didn't help. I'm gonna go lay down and try not to be bitchy.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• pizza bad - sleep good! Be well soon chica!
              Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• I THINK I may have found a work around for my (suspected) ADD at work. I think If I give myself a list of what needs to get done, and give myself the reward of being able to get up and walk around for a few min as well as crossing it off the list, that may be enough impetus to get stuff done. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ok, owwwwww.... my ears are reminding me through one of the best teachers of all (pain) that the dairy interlude was DEFINITELY unwelcome. and that headache's trying to come back. Time to hit the naproxen sodium.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Checklists can be awfully satisfying, especially if you can add a mini-reward like a well-deserved stroll to the mix! Healthy for you, too.

... and speaking of health, your poor ears!! I'm glad you at least figured out what causes it; imagine going on for even more years just "randomly" dealing with this, right?
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                      Checklists can be awfully satisfying, especially if you can add a mini-reward like a well-deserved stroll to the mix! Healthy for you, too.

... and speaking of health, your poor ears!! I'm glad you at least figured out what causes it; imagine going on for even more years just "randomly" dealing with this, right?
                      Yeah, that's one reason I chose the checklist idea: I know that works if I'm trying to get stuff done around the house. The stroll is to control my energy levels and to keep me from wandering around when I should be doing stuff. I'd drawn a connection between the earwax and cold weather before, and noticed that if I cleaned my ears out with a loop dingus and the solution, the earaches usually stayed at a minimum. Used to be, I could tell when a nasty cold front was blowing through because my ears went into panic mode. Now that I'm trying to watch the dairy, they generally act like they should. I'm still curious to see what several months of no dairy but butter would do for my hearing (if I got it back completely, I'd be over the moon) and my allergies (I'm thinking the dairy exacerbates the symptoms of my dust and smoke allergies.) I guess today's as good as any to start that quest...
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Mornin Naiad.....glad you made it home okay. My buddy in Boston with adult onset ADD (is that redundant?) cant live without his lists and calendar. We hook up every day for an hour via radio so I know he cannot function sans lists. It become such a helpful way to function that I am now using them. Gives one a sense of accomplishment when all the lines get crosswed off each day too! Happy Monday. Best, Chas
                        They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

• Chas- no, you weren't redundant. ADD stands for attention deficit disorder. I've used variations on lists my whole life, but now that a planner doesn't really work, I'm forced to find new ways around it.
                          One book I picked up in Dallas (one of the $1 clearance books) went into detail about how those with ADD/ ADHD are actually a genetic throwback to the primal world. It basically says that those with ADD are hunters living in a farmers' world. It's actually pretty fascinating. Attention Deficit Disorder: A New Perspective by Thom Hartmann is the book. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to deal with ADD/ ADHD in themselves or someone else. It basically gives "Hunter's" (ADD/ ADHD folks) an outline of how their "illness" is actually a blessing, if used and channeled correctly.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lunch- Mexcan buffet: carne asada, the innards and sauce of two enchiladas (maybe a minute amount of cheese, I tried to avoid it), chile verde stew, another soup that had ground beef, tomato, and potato in it (no potato for me), salad (iceberg mix with Italian dressing and guac and 1 HB egg), boiled zucchini (avoided the cheese), and I stared long and hard at a piece of homemade tres leches cake and another cake I didn't recognize before taking slice of each to try them. I ate maybe 1/4 slice of tres leches before I realized I was tres leches'd out, and discovered the other one was some Jell-o, angel food cake hybrid. I despise Jell-o and I'm not a big fan of angel food cake, so I took one bite to confirm my distaste for it and left it alone.

OH! Apparently, Geek is a little closer to being Primal than he was. I've noticed that he talks about cutting the carbs and upping the veggies when his jeans get a little tight. He seems to be paying a bit more attn to how I eat too. Last night, when I was going to Arby's, I asked him if he wanted fries with his sammich. His response? "Nah, just get me a small roast beef. I don't need the carbs." Yeah, he ate the buns on his sammiches, but baby steps. He's slowly ambling towards Primal.
                            Last edited by naiadknight; 11-29-2010, 12:52 PM.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• December Challenge starting today
                              Primal for the Holidays!
                              1) NO dairy except butter. Exception: Eggnog at the in-laws on "Christmas" (usually Christmas Eve night).
                              2) Start walking at lunch. Exceptions: Snow, ice, sleet, and temps below 20*F.
                              3) Weightlifting cycle: MWF, or as DOMS permits. NROLFW exercises, Shovelglove, deck of cards, as mood dictates.
                              4) NO grain. Exceptions: as necessary to allow for being in the field.
                              5) Ritual/ meditation at least once a week. Introvert time once a day. Being on the computer or sacked out in front of the TV does not count towards this.
                              6) Control ADD symptoms better. This includes staying on task at work, actually hearing what Geek says when he talks abt programming and work stuff as opposed to just letting it in one ear and out the other, not leaving stuff halfway done when the project could just as easily be finished.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• 1) Dairy as in milk products, I assume? (Why are eggs traditionally classified as dairy anyway?)
                                2) Tough to come up with indoor alternatives to walking... hmm... low-intensity exercise of some other kind, maybe?
                                3) What's NROLFW?

Comment

Working...
                                X