Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Just4ME View Post
    Very nice post! You deserve the bestest, Naiad!
    +162838384959696960
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Today was a planned 20% day. It actually wasn't as off plan as anticipated.
      Lunch: 1/4 Venti HWC caramel Macchiatto, 1 HB egg, 3-4 bites Geek's banana bread, 4 grapes, and 1/2 slice cheddar
      Dinner: Green beans, spinach bacon salad, 3 homemade summer rolls, ham (home glazed, home slow smoked) and the marrow from the bone, 1/3 homemade roll (quit after 2 bites, just wasn't interested), 1/2 c mac & cheese (that I've.. I've somehow lost the taste for. :'( o.O ), 1/2 c garlic smashed potatoes, broccoli, 1 slice chocolate cream pie, 1 slice my apple pecan pie (very, very tasty; needed more apples and less clove.) My stomach literally hurts from the wheat belly distension, so much food, and the gunk.
      Dinner was less stressful than it's been in YEARS. We didn't have to pussyfoot around my grandmother with the conversation or anything else. A fight almost broke out at the Thanksgiving table over weight loss diets (my youngest sister, of course, trots out the twinkies professor for calories in= calories out, I bust out PB, and Grandpa champions weight watchers. It ended when she agreed that to "it's doing arithmetic when your bodies doing calculus," we agreed that weight watchers is working for Grandpa but likely wouldn't work for Mom, and I tell mom I'll tell her more abt PB later), but that's my family. If at least one heated debate didn't happen, it wouldn't be a family get together. They aren't fights, they are definitely more like 3-10 sets of ideas going back and forth on which ones right. It usually ends with agree to disagree. Mom was more chilled and happy (happier than I've seen her in YEARS), Dad was relaxed, everyone really had a great time. Granted, this IS the first year all 3 kids and overbearing mother (in-law) have been out of the house..... I had a blast, especially giving everyone there (big Cowboys family, I'm a Bears girl) grief when the Cowboys snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
      Last edited by naiadknight; 11-26-2010, 08:57 AM.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Very nice. That's what it's all about!
        Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
        Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
        Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

Very nice. That's what it's all about!

+1!
          sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

+3

Glad you had a good day!
            Happy Friday!

Comment

• Sounds like you had a normal family tragedy, erh, dinner And that's indeed what it's all about!
              Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Growing up, we NEVER had a holiday dinner without at least one deep, philosophical argument
                I believe that is normal, and healthy. Really!!!

Indeed...that is what it's all about.

Comment

• Sounds like the perfect family dinner! Glad you had a good time

Comment

+4
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Thanks y'all.
                      Today was 6 different kinds o' busy. Went to Half Price Books and dropped $60 on a box o books with Mom and Dad, then we went to Old Navy, where I dropped nearly $50 on nec clothing (including fuzzy socks and flannel PJ pants). The we went to Genghis Grill for lunch (fully primal aside from the canola). They dropped me at my car and I hossed freight over to Mockingbird station for the meet-up. For 3 introverted people, it sure was fun. Chas is a great guy, and seems to be pretty easy going and Primal (BTW, he's lost even more weight than it looks like in his journal.) Cilla.... Cilla's one of a kind. Bubbly, happy, knowledgable... she's a wonder woman, and so sweetly Southern. Had a chai misto (HWC) We wandered through the shops at Mockingbird for a while, doing the tomboy female thing, then she went back to her family. Went and picked up Geek from the hotel, went back Half Price Books, dropped another $50, went and had Indian food in N. Dallas (stayed Primal until Geek ordered garlic naan, but that was my only slip.) Came back to the hotel, may go play pool later.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• holy balls lady, no wonder I haven't talked to you in 2 days! I am glad you are enjoying yourself at least. busy busy!

Talk to you soon!
                        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by bone_machine
                          Yay primal meet-ups! Sounds like a sweet day.
                          +1
                          Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                          Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                          Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• We did indeed go play pool last night.
                            Kept waking up last night. I think I was afraid I'd sleep past the time we were supposed to check out of the hotel by. Grabbed a Doubleshot (that was overly sweet and didn't really work) to keep me alert on the drive home. Driving home was fairly uneventful, except that my car is invisible even to cars it's own size. Nearly got run off the road by an RV trying to take my lane, then, abt an hr later, I did get run off the road by a white car abt the size of mine who wanted my lane and decided she couldn't hear me laying on my horn.
                            Had lunch at a restaurant I'd never been to. For those who travel along I- 20 between Abilene and Ft. Worth, stop in a little town called Thurber for some DAMN fine steak at the New York Hill Steakhouse. Grassfed, farm raised, local, and cut in house. The ribeye (12 oz, measured AFTER cooking) I had was 40 bajillion different kinds of tasty for only $16 (came w/ a baked tater and a salad, I think you can change out the sides.)
                            Got home, and realized I still have a bad case of more books than bookshelf. Fixed the Flying Spaghetti Monster Christmas Stocking. I may dig out the Christmas Twig and hang up the stockings tomorrow.
                            Came home with all the gift from Dallas, so those are stacked near where the Christmas Twig will be set up. We may actually get a real tree this year, as opposed to using only the Twig.
                            I can tell I went 20% in Dallas. My hearing's gone FUBAR, The frog took up residence in my throat again, I got asked if I was pregnant at the Indian restaurant (NOT a question someone aiming to get tiny again wants to hear), and my wrist and shoulder are trying to hurt.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• More books than bookshelf is a bad thing?... it still means you have lots of books!

Arrgh, why is this earth populated with people stupid enough to _ask_ strangers if they're pregnant?! I've been getting that since I hit puberty in 3rd grade because I have always had a bit of a pot belly (even when skinny).

Of course now that I'm having a baby in 3 weeks, I get "I hear you're pregnant! Wow, I just thought you were getting really fat! Like, really really fat!" and people at maternity stores laughing at me and saying "When you're that big you don't GET to choose between clothing colors!" (I'm really not THAT big... just XL... and it's an effing maternity store...)

But I digress...

I wanna see this FSM stocking.

What's up with losing your hearing? Just related to sinus issues, or something else? You say "again" -- will it come back fast, in your experience?
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                                More books than bookshelf is a bad thing?... it still means you have lots of books!

Arrgh, why is this earth populated with people stupid enough to _ask_ strangers if they're pregnant?! I've been getting that since I hit puberty in 3rd grade because I have always had a bit of a pot belly (even when skinny).

Of course now that I'm having a baby in 3 weeks, I get "I hear you're pregnant! Wow, I just thought you were getting really fat! Like, really really fat!" and people at maternity stores laughing at me and saying "When you're that big you don't GET to choose between clothing colors!" (I'm really not THAT big... just XL... and it's an effing maternity store...)

But I digress...

I wanna see this FSM stocking.

What's up with losing your hearing? Just related to sinus issues, or something else? You say "again" -- will it come back fast, in your experience?
                                I managed to fit all my nonfiction books on my nonfiction bookcase with a bit of room to spare. Taking a break before I tackle the fiction bookcase.
                                I've only gotten asked that twice, and the 2nd was last night. If she hadn't been the owner of the restaurant in full sari, I woulda ripped her head off. Instead she got a really aghast look and "I'd better not be."
                                The FSM stocking and the Cthulhu stocking will be in the Christmas decor photos as soon as I get the Christmas decor up. It's essentially a yarn, pompom, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners FSM sewn onto a traditional red velvet stocking. When we first got our house, I decided we needed our own stockings. Given that I couldn't find A Cthulhu stocking I liked or a FSM stcking atall, I made 'em.
                                The hearing loss is due to a dairy allergy. Nearest I can figure, the allergy cause my body to make excess of all the mucous barrier fluids, including earwax. The earwax locks up my ears and the throat being clogged also somehow has a role in it, I still haven't figured that one out. Assuming I can keep the dairy out (still not sure abt the butter), it'll start coming back overnight, but it takes awhile to get to where I can hear without saying "pardon/ Excuse me/ I didn't catch that/ what?" every 3rd sentence someone says. I'll likely be back where I was in a couple weeks. Then I get to see if I can actually start hearing like normal people.

Originally posted by bone_machine
                                D: Jeez, dude, I'm sorry to hear it. Thank goodness you know what to do to right all the wrong!
                                Yeah, and it's one hell of a deterrent to doing it again over Christmas or my birthday. This is my cue to stay on the damn wagon.
                                Last edited by naiadknight; 11-27-2010, 07:44 PM.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X