No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urg..... argh..... uhhhhh......................... <--- My mental state this morning.
    My brain appears to have stayed in bed this morning, leaving me to try and get stuff done at the office without it. I'm so damn tired because Geek won't leave his parents place before 2230,and I usually have at least 1 more load of laundry waiting for me when i get home. I love him, I love his folks, I don't mind going over there, I'd just prefer for it to happen a different night, one that I'm not trying to get my housework done. I've suggested Fridays or during the week, he'll agree and then we'll go over on Snuday becuase we'll both forget. I need to pick a different night to try and get this stuff done, but it never happens. /bitching, pissing, and moaning
    Geh. All I want is a NAP.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Better now. Still waiting for my brain to get here.
      Uh. Heh. Decided to give liz's suggestion a shot and look at kids clothing measurements and such, see if it'd fit. Umm... I'm a size 16 in girls, if the online measurements are true. That's kind of a blow to the ego. I mean, if I can buy kids and adult clothes, it's good for my wallet and such, but that was one thing I was so proud of in HS, no longer shopping in the kids section. Heh.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• wow. Thats so crazy.

Our sizing is lame.
        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          Better now. Still waiting for my brain to get here.
          Uh. Heh. Decided to give liz's suggestion a shot and look at kids clothing measurements and such, see if it'd fit. Umm... I'm a size 16 in girls, if the online measurements are true. That's kind of a blow to the ego. I mean, if I can buy kids and adult clothes, it's good for my wallet and such, but that was one thing I was so proud of in HS, no longer shopping in the kids section. Heh.
          i don't know, i buy girls XL clothing regularly - i love it because i have better chances of purchasing funkier prints, because a lot of the shit in the womens section looks like the 70s threw up on it and it ain't my style.

but then, i am perpetually 12, so YMMV.
          sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• So free food offically rocks. There were leftovers from the company party in the office fridge for lunch today. Green beans, more green beans, ham, turkey, and I'm trying to resist the siren call of the tress leches cake.
            ETA: failed to resist the siren call. Had a piece/ scoop.
            Last edited by naiadknight; 11-22-2010, 03:08 PM.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy Monday, Naiad. Be sure and pass that along to your brain, when it catches up with you ;-)

Comment

• Batty- My only concern has to do with my stature. I'm so tiny that it'd be REALLY easy to look 13 again with the wrong clothes. I can make it work, it'll just be interesting.
                Kuno- Happy Monday! I think my brain is still trying to hitch a ride on US385.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner was an experiment. The veggie portion failed, the other... I dunno. the veggie part was grated broccoli, green tomato, bell, jalapeno, nd red tom. with spices, it would maybe work. The rest was a play on an enchilada. egg crepes (ruined two before I figured out what the hell I was doing), stuffed with spiced chicken, spinach, jalapeno and topped with a tomato based chipotle sauce (tomato, chipotle, Tunisian spice mix and coconut milk.) It worked, mostly. I still want cheese, and the egg doesn't play quite so well. Then again, I'm not that hungry. I only ate half of it.
                  ETA: I ate some pepper jack. Just not grooving on the experiment.
                  Last edited by naiadknight; 11-22-2010, 06:14 PM.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Even unsuccessful experiments contribute to the overall art and science of primal cooking skill-building.
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• We'll just pretend that huge bowl of ice cream I just ate didn't exist, right? Right.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Since according to Einstein and relativity, time is a variable... The ice cream doesn't exist now and in a universe where time goes in the opposite direction, didn't exist before now. Yep.
                        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                          Since according to Einstein and relativity, time is a variable... The ice cream doesn't exist now and in a universe where time goes in the opposite direction, didn't exist before now. Yep.
                          I totally vote for this one.
                          Live Like No One Else

Comment

• *Blinkblink* life just shifted pretty massively and has the potential for an even more massive shift. No details for you (playing this one quiet,) but let's just say Geek and I have a MAJOR decision on our hands.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              *Blinkblink* life just shifted pretty massively and has the potential for an even more massive shift. No details for you (playing this one quiet,) but let's just say Geek and I have a MAJOR decision on our hands.
                              Good luck to you both! I hope the decision comes in a non-stressful way.

<3 love you
                              Live Like No One Else

Comment

• +1
                                hugs!!!
                                Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
                                http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
                                Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X