Lindsey's Daily Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsey's Daily Journal

This is my first time posting on MDA.... been lurking for awhile, mostly Paleo/Primal for about a year now.... I have seen so much success on the forums and figured it was time for me to share some successes and make myself a little more accountable. I started Crossfit in June and go to the regular gym as well, usually 4-5 days a week. I run a 5k 1-2 times per month, in the 26-29 minute range... I've lost 25 lbs in the past year and am now focusing on gaining muscle and strength.

Food 10/28:
    B- coffee (2 pumps caramel ), 2 eggs scrambled with a slice of ham, and 2 sausage links
    L- leftover bacon burger wrapped in lettuce, green beans
    D- probably going to be sirloin steak and a sweet potato with cinnamon
    Snacks- none planned so far

Exercise:
    Chest day at the gym, 30 minutes..
    -dumbbell incline press, flys, and 2 bodyweight pull ups (never have been able to do pull-ups until about 2 weeks ago!!)
    Plan on going back to the gym this afternoon for another quick session. No Crossfit today.

Thanks for reading! Suggestions and tips are ALWAYS appreciated
    Last edited by Lindsey17; 11-19-2013, 08:07 AM.

Forgot I have organic strawberries in the fridge... plan to have those for a snack today

Comment

Didnt stick to my planned meals today... had leftover pizza for lunch with green beans, and homemade deer sausage with green beans and potatoes (yum!!!) i did have 3 gluten free cookies for dessert, but overall a good day! Wish I could have snuck in another workout but it was moms birthday. interview tomorrow, not sure what my meals will be. Fingers crossed i get the job!

Comment

woops... not a good track record of logging so far! the past couple days have been pretty primal. Last night I was invited to dinner at my dad's coworkers house.. I got spoiled with gluten free goodies like bagel chips, ciabatta rolls, and cookies. We had salad with balsamic vin. and spaghetti squash. I've been using up the rest of my deer sausage and having 2 eggs scrambled for breakfast in the morning. Only been to crossfit once this week so far, but I've been to the regular gym every day. Today was back day. 5 sets of 2-3 pull ups, woohoo! I love that I am finally able to get a pull up. Yesterday I was able to do unassisted dips for the first time. Love that I'm finally getting stronger!
        Be back later to log my food.

Comment

horrible day today. worked overtime and feel pretty rundown.
          food:
          b- 2 eggs scrambled, sausage, coffee
          l- chili (primal except it had kidney beans), sweet potato with cinnamon
          d- GF pepperoni pizza
          snacks- a few mini butterfingers and ice cream (too much halloween candy)

not a great day overall.. The pizzas are convenient. Didn't even want the butterfingers after the 3rd (maybe 4th) but I ate it anyways.. uh oh! better luck tomorrow.

Comment

Keep at it! Everyone had their ups and downs. How do you plan on gaining muscle?

Comment

Another not so great day.. butterfingers are still in the house from halloween.
              meals weren't bad,
              b- 2 eggs, sausage, bacon, coffee
              l- nothing
              d- big bowl of chili with sweet potato and deer sausage, roasted potatoes
              snacks- 3 or 4 butterfingers, ice cream.

exercise,
              30 mins. leg work - front squats, leg curls and extensions, bicycle for 10 mins
              60 min body pump because my mom wanted me to do it with her

now at work to make some money!

Comment

got bored at work, had a serving of vanilla ice cream with a dollop of hot fudge. really hoping this is something i can get under wraps. usually have more self control... awfully frustrated with myself. if anyone has any similar experiences or pearls of wisdom i would love to hear them!
                Lindsey

Comment

good morning! I enjoyed my extra hour of sleep this morning. Hoping to make today a better day! I know that it is all willpower. January can not come soon enough, planning another whole30 to kick off the new year. I did a whole30 for the month of may and did great on it.. difference is that I did almost no exercise in May, and now I am very active. Would love to hear from others who have successfully done a whole30 while exercising.
                  Breakfast today was coffee, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 slices bacon, and a slice of ham. Going sailing at noon so not sure what lunch is going to be yet. Usually pretty good at avoiding the chips and snacks everyone brings (never been a big potato chip person). I'm excited to get out on the water.. very head-clearing and relaxing.
                  Thighs are pretty tight from yesterday's leg workout! Thinking of going for a quick run later depending on when I get home.

Here's to a new day!
                  Lindsey

Comment

not a bad day! my fingers have defrosted since a blustery sail..
                    food today,
                    b- 2 eggs scrambled, bacon, coffee, ham
                    l- protein bar (think thin) 20 g protein
                    d- smoked pork and turkey (about 3 oz each), roasted potatoes and asparagus in coconut oil
                    also had a starbucks latte.

Lindsey
                    Last edited by Lindsey17; 11-19-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

interesting day today. 7 am, crossfit.. 2 rounds, 100 m sled pull 90 lbs, 25 toes to bar, 25 kettlebell swings 35 lb. harder than i thought it would be! kicked my butt after taking a few days off last week. then headed to the regular gym for chest day. chest press, incline press up to 30 lbs. flys up to 95 lbs x 6 reps (woop!)
                      then i headed to annapolis after an hour nap. picked up some new balance minimus- love them so far, and got some goodies at whole foods. cheated a little and had froyo. next time i'm avoiding all the extras - reeses pieces, butterfinger, and hot fudge. not too good, and dont feel so great now.
                      food -
                      b- 2 eggs scrambled, ham, sausage, half glass iced coffee
                      l- almonds, cashews, tea with honey
                      d- pepperoni GF pizza
                      snack, fro yo

now i have a migraine. gonna hit the hay early and hope i can sleep it off. test coming up in a couple days.

Lindsey

Comment

went to bed with a migraine, woke up feeling decent! no exercise this morning because i had to be at school early.. felt rundown all day. Made it to the gym about 3:30 and did several sets of chin ups and bicep curls. now home to do a little studying, if i can get off MDA..
                        food-
                        b- 2 eggs, bacon, coffee
                        l- quest bar, chai latte
                        d- roasted sweet potato and broccoli, smoked pork fried in bacon fat (delicious!!)
                        snack- 2 GF cookies (all gone now finally out of the house)

Lindsey

Comment

good day! woke up bright and early for Crossfit. 3 rds of 20 KB snatch, 20 pull ups, and 200 m run. PR strict press at 65 (still working on strengthening my shoulders). Off to regular gym for triceps. Still working on stringing together decent dips but can do a few.
                          food:
                          b- 2 eggs scrambled, broccoli, sweet potato, sausage, bacon, coffee
                          l- sweet potato, broccoli, sausage
                          d- sweet potato, broccoli, chicken breast, olive oil
                          snacks- ice cream (sore throat, trying to fend off a cold), latte (from panera.. yum!) and a quest bar.

might have a protein shake if i stay up too late tonight studying and get hungry.

fingers crossed for a good test score tomorrow!
                          Lindsey

Comment

Hi there! sipping on a hot chocolate made with coconut milk.. perfect after a cold hour in the park with the dogs.

food-
                            b- 2 eggs scrambled, ham, bacon, coffee
                            l/d- GF pepperoni pizza, broccoli
                            snacks- hot chocolate, chocolate chips, have a sweet potato on hand if im hungry tonight.

exercise-
                            Xfit- snatches, deadlifts, push ups. (all of these are really coming along!)
                            gym- shoulder press and shrugs (60 lbs and 100 lbs respectively)

off to work soon! 5k in the AM!

Comment

doing well on the diet, sticking with my usual eggs, meat and coffee for brekkie, meat and veg for most lunches and dinners. had some GF noodles i needed to use up so made spaghetti with extra meaty meat sauce for dinner last night. enjoying a bit of dark chocolate today after chicken, green beans, and sweet potato.
                              exercise today was pull ups, bent rows, back extensions, and lots of pistols, mtn climbers, burpees, and thrusters. got my butt kicked!
                              got the job in the ER i was hoping for! Hooray!

Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                              X