This is just not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
    You know how you feel and works best for you, so you are the best to make a call.
    So true! So why have I spend so much time reading/listening to what other do and trying to make it work for me when really I know the answer??

Comment

Haha, you could be writing this straight out of my mind FireFinder! You'd think I'd be old enough and stroppy enough to follow my own path, but I keep comparing myself to others and deciding to do what they do . . . and that's just dumb!! I am working out my own way now, finally. I've loved reading the comments from your supporters, too. Hang in there

Oh - and maybe start a new journal so you're not reading a negative title every time you come in to report how awesomely you're doing
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

oops double post
        Last edited by FireFinder; 10-09-2013, 06:47 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

You sound like me, too. If I eat less fat, and replace those calories with fruit, I stay hungry compared to when I stay strict-er VLC. If I count calories and don't go over, yes, I won't gain weight. I'll also gnaw my fingers off when my blood sugar crashes. You don't have to sacrifice nutrition, either. Every few meals, have some berries, liver, oysters, greens, etc. Bacon is a great source of thiamine, for the record.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            You sound like me, too. If I eat less fat, and replace those calories with fruit, I stay hungry compared to when I stay strict-er VLC. If I count calories and don't go over, yes, I won't gain weight. I'll also gnaw my fingers off when my blood sugar crashes. You don't have to sacrifice nutrition, either. Every few meals, have some berries, liver, oysters, greens, etc. Bacon is a great source of thiamine, for the record.
            Yes, totally. The replacing some fat with carbs is exactly what I'd been trying to do.

Days I stayed at my targeted calorie intake I was starving and watching the clock. I am terrible at being hungry. I don't mind a rumble in the tummy, but can't handle low blood sugar. The last few months I think I had a lot more days of eating to satiety which, because of the carb increase meant more calories. Good advice on the nutrition- I def need to work on liver. Really not my thing . But bacon yes, I can handle that. I love a little heavy cream too, just have to be careful about more than a tbs or two a day.

Comment

The low blood sugar will go away. I had real issues with it. So badly that I had to get up and get some sweets in teh middle of the night to be able to sleep. After two weeks of a more strict primal diet it slowly went away.
              The trick is to give into the bad feeling, recognize it and realize it that eating a donut won't solve the issue. It will only make the next one worse. When you have the low blood sugar, feeling really hungry feeling, drink a glass of water. Wait 15 minutes, if you are still hungry than eat a veggie or a full primal (or VLC) meal.

Just remember that giving into sugar will only make you feel worse...
              My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Days I stayed at my targeted calorie intake I was starving and watching the clock. I am terrible at being hungry. I don't mind a rumble in the tummy, but can't handle low blood sugar. The last few months I think I had a lot more days of eating to satiety which, because of the carb increase meant more calories. Good advice on the nutrition- I def need to work on liver. Really not my thing . But bacon yes, I can handle that. I love a little heavy cream too, just have to be careful about more than a tbs or two a day.
                Yeah, the fruit hunger is more than I can take. I can easily eat 15 bananas and ten apples, and an hour later I just want more. It's stupid.

I've had better luck with dairy in infrequent, large doses. It's mildly inflammatory to my body, so rather that have a bit daily, I eat a block of cheese on the weekend, or guzzle a quart of cream on occasion. But there's the "what works for you" clause again. I wish I could have it daily! I love dairy!

You can freeze liver and swallow it like pills. Supposedly you never taste it.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yeah Knifegill, I love dairy too. I get really ill from a glass of milk or bowl of yogurt but I seem to do ok with cheese a few times a week in small doses. I could easily eat it every meal. Is liver that good for you that you'd want to take it like a pill?

Comment

Liver is better for you than sex, exercise or money.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Liver is better for you than sex.
                      This has got to be the craziest, wrongest thing you have ever said on this forum. Ever.

Comment

I'm owning it.

Is that your arm?
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm owning it.

Is that your arm?
                          Then you're not hittin it right.

And yes that's my arm.

Comment

I hit it to make a baby.

Nice arm!
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Liver is better for you than sex.
                              Poor aldergirl...

Comment

This is just not working

I hit it to make a baby.

Nice arm!
                                Oh Knifegill. If I asked aldergirl which was better- sex with you or liver- and she said LIVER would you honestly be ok with that?! Lol! I hope not!

And thanks, I'm stronger now than I maybe ever have been, I can hold that chataranga (yoga pose pictured) hovering for longer than I ever could.

To the OP: sorry for the thread hi-jacking, Knifegill and I have a history of friendly bickering.
                                Last edited by moluv; 10-10-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X