Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Is that YOUR kitchen? D;
    Oh I wish, love this old fashioned kitchen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
      oh yes good quality cookers are so awfully expensive, in the days when I had no kitchen at least I had a very very old fashion one my MIL gave us, it used to heat too much, but the whole house was nice and warm if I did a roast ... then late DH wanted to get a modern one, but he went without me and just got a cheap one came home and saw we had the new oven already installed... I tell you turning it on was a challenge on its own, and the flame (it was a gas one) was like a 'candle in the wind' LOL, I never forgave him for it it took 30 min just to heat a pizza in it.

I have an electric one now, supposed to be fan convection heating, but still it takes forever to heat up... so I need to switch it on like 15 to 20 min before actually cooking, an I hate wasting the energy like this.
      You are my hero. I thought my new laundry system was me being pioneer, but you take the pioneer cake.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

• What's your laundry system OG??

It was OK really, I just avoided using the over and use the hobs to do most of my cooking

Comment

What's your laundry system OG??

It was OK really, I just avoided using the over and use the hobs to do most of my cooking
          Here

Attached Files

Comment

• Wow OG, well done, looks environmentally friendly where do you leave it? In the kitchen or do you have a utility room? My laundry (washer and dryer) are in the bathroom actually lol - have a large sized bathroom so put the dryer on top of the washing machine.

How do you manage with bed sheets? Duvet etc? do you send them to dry cleaners?

Comment

• I have a huge apartment. I leave it in my dining room if it's just me. I drag them into the second bedroom if people are coming over.

Comment

• I still use the laundry room for bed sheets and towels. :-)

Comment

• ah, so you do have a conventional washer/dryer, but mostly you use the small one?

Comment

ah, so you do have a conventional washer/dryer, but mostly you use the small one?
                    The laundry room is available, but my goal is to rarely use it. I hate lugging clothes to it. My funny Wonder Wash gets my clothes so clean. I did just wash a flat sheet. The spin dry is amazing. The clothes are 95% dry.

Comment

• Is it a shared utility room for the flats? We don't have this in the UK, usually there are a washers/dryers in each flat, and there are public washing/dry cleaners, but no shared one in a group of flats like you have in the US.

Your laundry system sounds fantastic really.

Comment

Is it a shared utility room for the flats? We don't have this in the UK, usually there are a washers/dryers in each flat, and there are public washing/dry cleaners, but no shared one in a group of flats like you have in the US.

Your laundry system sounds fantastic really.
                        Yes. There are 32 apartments and three laundry rooms. Many of the downstairs apartments have washer/dryers. The washers are $1.50 a load. The dryers are $1.25 a load. I am skipping all of that. :-)

Comment

• Ugh. There was nothing I hated more than lugging my stuff to the laundromat when I lived in apartments. Having my own washer and dryer was one of the best things about buying a house. I admit I'm not much of a pioneer AT ALL.
                          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• yeah, the best pioneering i do is to let bath towels dry out back on our pool furniture instead of running
                            the dryer in the summer - but then i get complaints about "cardboard towels" that are "scratchyyyyyy"

fucking wah already, get a tougher skin bozos

i LIKE the scratchy towels... very absorbent, and can stand up by themselves! kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                              yeah, the best pioneering i do is to let bath towels dry out back on our pool furniture instead of running
                              the dryer in the summer - but then i get complaints about "cardboard towels" that are "scratchyyyyyy"

fucking wah already, get a tougher skin bozos

i LIKE the scratchy towels... very absorbent, and can stand up by themselves! kidding.
                              Well when I first moved in to my house I did have my handyman put a clothesline in my garage. It's the kind with wheels at the ends so you can stand in one spot and roll it out as you hang. I love it. I often put sheets and what on that. I try not to run the dryer any more than I have to. Because environmentalness.
                              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• I have a standing washing rack like the one OG posted and mostly I dry my clothes on it in the bathroom if raining and out in the garden if sunny, mainly to save on electricity, but the rest of the people in the house use the dryer, which annoys me. In the past I used to always use the dryer as I couldn't stand kids clothes hanging to dry all over the place, it didn't make sense with young kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X