No announcement yet.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok what are/is Cheezy Gelatin. Gotta know. Pudding sounds good but I don't have sugar or honey, wait, I haven't had milk in 24 years. Half and half might be excessive.

I use chia seeds or at least I used to before I discovered MCT as a cleanser. I have way too many of the seeds. I find something I like, buy a million, then donate to the food bank. When will I learn?

OG, how are the kale chips? I never had them but have a container on the counter to try. Were they hard to make? I love nutritional yeast.

I had a good day. Did nothing but a bit of cleanup. Was really tired out and needed to chill.

Just finished watching Grey's. Now I can sleep. Early walk tomorrow. Should be a beautiful fall morning here.

Comment

Originally posted by maigrey View Post
      Yep, I know. It's something for the reintroduction protocol. Although Melissa and Dallas have said that chia, while not encouraged, isn't banned. But the sweetener is, so maybe next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      I avoid all omega 6 stuff always. Just my little rule. Hang on..you are almost there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Kale chips are a fail. Are vegans opposed to salt because after ten hours of dehydrating, that is what they seem to be missing (to me). Also..I f#@ked up. Long story, but I measured the cashews wrong.

J3nn's cheezey gelatin is awesome. Looking for my spiral notebook with the recipe. Hang tight.

Olivia and I just braved the elements and went out. There was the CUTEST little frog hopping across the street that we were crossing. We stopped traffic to allow it to hop away. I tried to snap a picture, but too many confused drivers and I am not quick enough with my camera.

Comment

Maigrey, youre so close to ending your W30. I did a very low reintro, like over weeks. I started with some nightshades if i remember correctly. Simply because i had avoided them. Some things I learned from W75 reintro are that egg whites are the part I'm allergic to in eggs. White potatoes still flare my arthritis. Cooked tomatoes are harder on me than raw. My tummy doesn't like hot spices which I adored pre Whole so I guess nightshades are not my friend. Dairy, no problems. still love dark chocolate. I still love flour so that's going to take some work and self convincing that it really is not a healthy food.

Wow, that must have been a lot of rain to have a froggie in the road. I'm so sorry the kale chips were a fail. I know it must have taken a lot of energy to make them. Please don't forget cheezey. Would you tell me more about why you totally avoid Omega 6? I avoid the oils but not necessarily things like avocado and some of the nuts. But I only eat nuts occasionally, rarely in fact. They pretty much went with my W30 in the first two weeks. Let's play school, you be the teacher!

Last night I had a t of MCT and T gelatin before bed. Woke up to the same. The gelatin does a little something to my nose, but not enough to stop it. I have no interest in my second cup of decaf after that. I was a complete fail on hydration yesterday so trying harder today. Will walk 5k+ this morning before my date with guy. Probably walk a bunch in SF this afternoon.

Have a fun day everyone!

Comment

Oceangrl, I love both cottage cheese and smoked oysters. I never thought to combine them, but I've had many a smoked oyster on cream cheese on a cracker, so I'm sure I'd love it.

I know you have good options by you, but just in case that nori was expensive and you want to incorporate it on a regular basis, I like these: Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Nori Sheets, 50-count: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food - they work out to less than half of what my local Whole Foods charges. I also like cutting them into smaller pieces and putting them in bone broth.

Happy Sunday, everyone.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
              Kale chips are a fail. Are vegans opposed to salt because after ten hours of dehydrating, that is what they seem to be missing (to me). Also..I f#@ked up. Long story, but I measured the cashews wrong.

Heya OG, did you marinate the kale in your concoction first for a while? I found, back in my vegan days when I used to tinker with these, that they have a much better flavor if you let them macerate for a few hours first and then dehydrate.

Comment

Just dropping in to say I put gelatin in my omelette and it was good. nice and fluffy. I made a pizza omelette with Italian seasoning and basil in the crust, some pepperonis, and organic mozzarella. Trying to use up my dairy this month and then going back to dairy free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by Leaflard View Post
                  Heya OG, did you marinate the kale in your concoction first for a while? I found, back in my vegan days when I used to tinker with these, that they have a much better flavor if you let them macerate for a few hours first and then dehydrate.
                  Oh I sure didnt. I also only had 1/2 the amount of cashews because at one point, I was going to make a double batch and then changed my mind. So due to not paying attention, I decreased the cashews back to single recipe but doubled everything else and then only used half. Disaster chips. Told ya it was a long story. So..I will make them again with correct single recipe, add salt and let it marinate for a bit.

Comment

Calee yes, at that point, we were in the one inch of rain per hour band. I would have preferred staying in, but you know..when a dog needs to go out, you just have to take them out.

Omega 6..they are inflamatory and all sorts of nasty. I just avoid seeds and nuts but sometimes they are necessary..like in vegan cheesey kale nachos. I don't think I have bought nuts in over 3 years. You know though, I vaguely remember Melissa saying chia had fewer omega 6 than other nuts and seeds. Not positive about that memory though.

J3nn's cheezey gelatin

2 Tbs coconut oil
                    2 Tbs red can gelatin
                    1 cup nutritional yeast
                    1/4 cup tapioca starch
                    1/2 cup coconut milk
                    1.5 cups water
                    1.5 tsp salt
                    Pinch mustard powder
                    1/2 tsp cayenne (my addition because I like spicy..feel free to not use it)

Heat everything in a saucepan until just below a simmer (if you boil gelatin, it wont gel). Pour into mold or bowl. Let cool on counter for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

It melts beautifully on burgers, veggies and especially good in or on baked or steamed potatoes. Love it stuffed in celery or Belgium endive. Also good straight out of the bowl.

Comment

Joanie, yes it was quite expensive for 10 sheets. I am going to check Uwijiama, the HUGE Asian grocery store near me. I have a feeling I will score big time there. I did look on Amazon as soon as I got home.

Comment

Joanie, also..do you worry at all about the non Atlantic ocean nori containing radioactive crap? I can't decide if that is a valid or silly fear.

Comment

There have been some studies (I have no links right now because I'm just posting) that show that a little poison can sometimes be better than none. Some homeopathy uses that philosophy. So, four cigarettes per day are better than none. A little radiation, mercury, etc., is better than none.

Also, just observationally, I see a lot of posts here of people who had no problems with wheat or dairy, etc., until they cut it completely from their diets. Then one exposure, and they're sick. In addition, there are some people who think that one of the reasons we get sick so easily is that we have sterilized our environment to the point of paranoia.

You can probably see where I'm going. Just for me, I think a little exposure to the toxins in the environment is better than none, and certainly better than chronic exposure. So, the occasional bagel won't kill you, but cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and pasta for supper for 30 years, won't be good. A good cigar once a month won't kill you, but 30 cigarettes per day probably will.

Oops, how I do go on. I don't worry about radioactive crap because I don't eat enough nori for it to be a concern. Now, if I start eating 50 sheets per week, I'll take a second look. Because sometimes the dosage determines whether or not a thing is a poison.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

And all of a sudden, I have a vision of you smoking a cigar..for health.

Yeah, I agree with your take on it. I just wasn't sure if it was a OMG..you didn't buy Atlantic ocean nori or eh..don't sweat it.

The lox and salmon was tasty, but it did two things. It made me realize I want the lox on a bagel (going to get one tomorrow) and I am going to buy a little ahi and make some sushi rice and roll up some rolls. A trip to the Jewish deli and the Asian grocery store will happen tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for baby octopus.

My cable keeps blinking on and off with the wind and rain. The season premier of Homeland is tonight. The wind has exactly 23 minutes to settle down or I will need to kick its ass.

Comment

Yay Joanie, you tell it!

After my Whole75, I reallyndontnfeel I'll effects from wheat and dairy. But now I really get what nightshades and egg whites do to me. I think it's about learning our own story. I won't eat wheat often, but on occasion I will.

Thanks for the Cheezey recipe OG. I gave the ingredients and will give it a go often my Florida trip. how long does it stay good in the fridge?

I had a great day. My morning walk on the new Bay Bridge was fantastic. Slight malfunction though. Someone told me it was a 4.1 mile walk. All good. What I didn't understand was that it was 4.1 EACH way. So an 8.2 mile walk that I wasn't expecting. Date was a noon but I didn't get home till 11:56 and had to take a quick shower.

Afternoon was a two hour lunch with great conversation followed by a trip to the Asian Art Museum.

Perfect day!

Comment

Uwajimaya, you really are close by! I like when the catch the fish and the people gather around to get splashed with that disgusting water and cheer and clap like it's a good thing, ha ha. I once thought about rescuing a short-body tilapia from there for my aquarium, but he had parasites hanging out of his vent and I wasn't up for a battle like that.

We just attended a radiation lecture at the survival expo thingy. Not sure what to think of it. Suddenly I'm looking for proof that there isn't a problem with my seafood!
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X