No announcement yet.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm settled into a potato day on the days I do arial yoga and rock climbing. It seems to refuel me nicely on those days. I also have cottage cheese on those days.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Zanna, I kept my bone broth and gelatin during my potato hack week and I had great results. Not only that but I also put a TBS of ghee and 1/4 cup bone broth in every 24 ounce batch of potatoes. It kept them nicely moist. I make them in the morning and then just let them sit on the counter all day. I like room temp potatoes but not cold ones.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I've found that a wee bit of condiment helps a lot. BBQ sauce like bone suckin' sauce is clean. Mustard is great. Also adding in some herbs or spices to hash browns helps a lot too. But most of the time I just like them plain. Tater wedges low and slow in the stove to get crispy. Russets are my favorite because of the chewy skin.

Comment

• Oh, also, I've been letting a bag of frozen hash browns from TJs thaw in the fridge overnight and then put them in a bowl. To those I sprinkle on some gelatin and dried herbs. Good time to add in any fat you may be using, and then toss it all up. Cook them low and slow in a big nonstick pan. Delicious.

Comment

• frozen hash browns here always have fat on them, wish we had some which are plain.
            Also most frozen chips/fries have oil or gluten added, I did find a make that had no gluten, but the fat was still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
              frozen hash browns here always have fat on them, wish we had some which are plain.
              Also most frozen chips/fries have oil or gluten added, I did find a make that had no gluten, but the fat was still there.
              Eww. Well, there is always the option to make them from scratch, though I've never been able to get them to come out the same. Sorry that you have to deal with that. :-(. I really think the gelatin could help with satiety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leaflard View Post
                Oh, also, I've been letting a bag of frozen hash browns from TJs thaw in the fridge overnight and then put them in a bowl. To those I sprinkle on some gelatin and dried herbs. Good time to add in any fat you may be using, and then toss it all up. Cook them low and slow in a big nonstick pan. Delicious.
                Are those just potatoes or is there added stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Yeah, mustard is my new best friend.

When the kids get home from school, I'm gonna go to the dollar store and pick up
                  some jars of cheap ass dill pickles so I can chop some up and throw them in there
                  for a little 'poor man's potato salad'.

Yesterdays potato calories came in at 674, that's all I could choke down.

Down a pound in weight today though.

I wonder why potato carbs don't hold onto water like, say, bread carbs do.

If I ate 674 cals worth of bread, I'd look 6mo pregnant and it would take 3
                  days to pee it all out, too.

Ah well, on to potato day number too. Just had 300g with no problem, so hopefully
                  today will be better calorie wise.

Joolia Goolia

Comment

• Actually rice as well doesn't cause me to hold water, just bread, I do look completely pregnant when I have it.
                    Cake surprisingly is not bad either lol, but perhaps if I eat cake like once a year I don't eat a huge amount, not that I'd eat a huge amounts of bread either!!
                    Could be the yeast or something? Cake has baking powder no yeast usually.

Comment

• Well done for losing the 1lb Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                        Well done for losing the 1lb Julie
                        Thanks!

Cake does it to me too....

I know this very well because my 80yo next door neighbor's wife BAKES CONSTANTLY and
                        he is ALWAYS AND FOREVER coming over here with cake and other tart like stuff for us.

Damn him!

Sunday it was yellow cake with whipped cream frosting, chunks of pineapple in the frosting
                        and then coconut sprinkled all over it.

Weirdest thing ever, and I HATE coconut, but this was so damn tasty I made a pig out of
                        myself.

The wife grew up in Hawaii (she's Portuguese but looks like a regular ol' white girl to me!) so
                        she pulls stuff out of her childhood.

Haven't had a shitty tasting thing yet.

Comment

• TJs contain potatoes and dextrose. Cleaner than any brand I've found so far. So many have preservatives or oils. I figure a little bit of dextrose isn't a deal breaker for a short term hack.

Comment

• So it turns out that starting the potato hack the day after my period started is a horrible idea. I made it til 6-ish then ate a handful of dates, sugared ginger and dried apricots. Then made a couple of eggs and had some grapes. It's still not a bad day of eating, calorie-wise, but definitely not kosher potato behavior. And I still want to eat everything lol.

Comment

• I hear you, Zanna - there is no way in hell I'd be able to do it during PMS or during LadyTime.

Day 18 of my cycle is "magic losing time" for me.

Not hungry in general, but then give me the only option of potatoes, and man, g'nite!

The first three days of LadyTime I give myself carte blanche to eat WHATEVER and HOWEVER MUCH
                              I want.

It's usually an all out food fest of CRAP.

The curious thing, is that when it's all over and I lose my 5lbs of water bloat, nothing
                              from my crap fest remains either.

WHATEVER!

Julia

Comment

• You all have been mighty talkative today! Nothing like a good hack to get up the conversations.

My workout yesterday must have been harder than I thought. My quads, abs and arms are screaming. I told my trainer about last nights work out. He was surprised I made it through his tough class tonight. I stayed after and asked him what I can specifically do to give me the strength to do a chin up. He gave me some things to work on before lass. He said if I can do a chin up it will be the best thing because it engages everything at once.

How long did it take you to get down with pull ups?

Happy tater fest!

Comment

Working...
                                X