No announcement yet.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way..my favorite food memory comes from when I lived in England (Harrogate) and would go to London for fish and chips wrapped in newspaper and spri.kled with malt vinegar..yum!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nothing like a good authentic chippie, nothing like it... but no newspapers anymore against health and safety, they wrap it in white grease papers.

Comment

• Yeah this was back in the 70s. I am old. I liked how it made the newspaper smell. Not the same in the grease papers.

Comment

• Speaking of a chippie, a friend of mine was overweight, he went vegan and being a lazy guy his idea of being vegan meant he ended up eating chips every day lol (talking about English Chips which are thick thick fries) and lost a ton of weight, honestly he was so slim after his all chips diet .. I just didn't get it, how could someone eat deep friend chips (we are talking from a chip shop not home made healthy oven chips) and lose a ton of weight?

Comment

• I think it is virtually impossible to overeat potatoes. For me..they are like liver. Self regulating.

Comment

• Actually I agree on the liver I can eat such a small amount and feel so energetic and satisfied for most of the day, totally forget about good.... shame one can't really go on a liver diet lol

Comment

• Oh OG do you eat your potatoes plain? with broth ? or just salt?

Comment

• Ooo..liver diet..you watch how thin we all get. :-) I steam the yellow fingerling potatoes. Then I dump them into a bowl and add about 1/4 cup bone broth, one TBS ghee, Maldon sea salt and pepper. Yum!

Comment

• Ahhh OK, I can see how filling that would be, are you still doing SLD as well?... I am going to experiment with adding things to potatoes, I remember last time I tried to do it I was telling Julie when I had the potato with a small salad I was full much quicker and one med potato was enough with the salad, but when not having the salad with it I needed about 3 med potatoes... very odd.

I am so excited about trying new things lol, its like an investigative work to see what turns my appetite on/off, I know fat on/off

Comment

• Oh exactly, the investigation part is the best.

I didn't do oil shots while doing the ph. I probably could have. The potatoes seemed to have their own AS going. I probably will incorporate the PH twice a week. I like having a couple of high carb days.

Comment

• OG- is the cottage cheese recipe the one I posted oj my journal or a different one? Curious to try at least to make paneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Just got back from school and added a little mustard to my last 4 potato rounds.

That made it MUCH better, and no "I can't eat another potato" pain in my head feeling.

Think I may cube some up later and dry fry them in a pan... then mustardsize them a bit.

Comment

• TP..yes. David Liebowitz recipe. It worked out great.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                              Just got back from school and added a little mustard to my last 4 potato rounds.

That made it MUCH better, and no "I can't eat another potato" pain in my head feeling.

Think I may cube some up later and dry fry them in a pan... then mustardsize them a bit.
                              I have been boiling the potatoes 4lbs at a time, peeling, dicing, then mixing 2T olive oil in. Then if I wanna fry it up or not it is the right amt of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              ------
                              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• That's a great idea TP, I'm so going to copy you.

Have you been adding any veg at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X