No announcement yet.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back from my weekend of fun at the funky spa. Total relaxation and lots of laughter with a girlfriend tht I've known for 40 years. I think I should have 3day weekends more often.

It sounds like everyone here is doing great. Janie, thanks for stopping by with your update.

Time to gear up for my walk to work. The heat came on in the night, so it must be chilly out there.

Comment

• Hots, I bet it's tough for anyone to eat dates without wanting just a couple more. When I have them in the house I get 2-3 and just have to refuse going back for more, because I would every time!

Interesting about the fruit and melancholia. What do you think that's about?

Comment

• I decided to try Peat, so had cottage cheese and pineapples today... having my coffee with coconut milk and a bit of sugar... I won’t be able to drink straight milk... I am a bit hesitant about introducing sugar and cottage cheese, think I may skip the sugar because I want to see the effect of cottage cheese on my allergy first. I know honey does suppress my appetite, I used it before (honey and cinnamon diet) and it worked well, but again I wasn't sure about its effect on my skin.
        So sorry I sort of quit the W10, but as I read a bit about Peat, I realised when I lost weight a couple of years ago (after I had to quit VLC/ZC due to health issues) I was actually having 2 cups of cottage cheese each with 1T of honey, and having mainly fruit (both sweet fruit/ or veg kind of fruit like tomato soups, cucumbers, aubergines etc) also ate occasional eggs/meat/fish but couldn’t do too much of those due to digestive issues... so there you go I did almost Peat before without knowing it!

I asked on the other thread about fromage frais, and crème fraiche, as the cottage cheese here seems to be mixed with crème fraiche, no one answered yet, if anyone here knows let me know.
        I ordered a tub 1Kg of organic refined coconut oil, its organic but refined so that I can cook a variety of dishes in it cuz it has no coconut flavour, I need to get me some raw carrots as well, but do we have to eat it with the oil and ACV in a salad format, I know the oil makes the vitamins more available/absorbable, but I prefer to eat a few raw carrot sticks at work, perhaps I can dip them in a bit of oil, but that’s to going to be easy at work as the coconut oil is going to be solid!!

Comment

• Not really sure about fruit and melancholia Calee, it could be anything else or just the sudden change?
          Still not sure if its healthier for me to have marshmallows or dates for a sweet snack, there are gluten free marshmallows, and I know there was a recip for doing it with honey, but can't see myself making it at home myself... perhaps I should ask the Peat thread? Anyone knows Peat's forum url? when I google I get loads of links.

Comment

• Oh on this link it says that Crème fraîche is Cultured with a little lactic acid bacteria - so its seems its out for me??

Crème Fraîche: What Is It and What To Do With It? | The Kitchn

I need to check ingredients of other cottage cheeses, if all are mixed with Crème fraîche then its no good !

Comment

• yes I know I can make my own cottage cheese, but really I know myself.. I will make it once or twice then give up, and not make it again !!

Comment

• Hotmail cottage cheese in moderation helps me lose too! Too much stops me up...

Dates have the opposite effect on me. :-/ or else I would make smoothies with medjool dates every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• OG are you still doing w10? If not I am reintroducing sugar into my diet. I have realized sugar makes me go crazy at the gym and in dance! I have such explosive power with it in my system.

------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                    OG are you still doing w10? If not I am reintroducing sugar into my diet. I have realized sugar makes me go crazy at the gym and in dance! I have such explosive power with it in my system.

Turq, no. I posted a few days ago that I decided I wanted my abalone coated in Panko and not almond meal and I wasn't going to pass up the VERY special wine that our friends Katie and John brought up. I am sticking with the no dairy for 30 days and then slowly adding cottage cheese back because I love it as a protein. Hopefully it wont lead to itchy skin and eyes. Sugar up sister!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Turq what do you mean dates have the opposite effect on you?
                      I find if ate 4 or 5 I will be fine, but I never do, I eat about 20 at one sittings, and you can imagine the bloat, even if I use organic.

What's cottage cheese moderation? you mean like one or two cups a day? I am OK restricting it up to 3 cups a day.

Today I added gelatine powder to one cup of cottage cheese, I thought that was a mistake cuz the cheese sort of became solid, and dry as I was at work so couldn't add stuff to make it runny again... however after eating it with a few slices of orange, I felt so full - I mean unbelievably full as if I ate 3lbs of meat !!

I am thinking of getting some pickled eggs (that's boiled eggs that are pickled) a very English thing, but not sure if the vinegar will be a Peat approved, its most likely distilled vinegar not ACV... I can keep the jar at the fridge here at work, and pickled eggs are not as smelly as regular boiled eggs.

Comment

• OK changed my mind on the pickled eggs, just remembered anything pickled or fermented gives me a hugely distended stomach !!

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                          Turq, no. I posted a few days ago that I decided I wanted my abalone coated in Panko and not almond meal and I wasn't going to pass up the VERY special wine that our friends Katie and John brought up. I am sticking with the no dairy for 30 days and then slowly adding cottage cheese back because I love it as a protein. Hopefully it wont lead to itchy skin and eyes. Sugar up sister!

what are you having for protein? Meat/egg?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                            Oh on this link it says that Crème fraîche is Cultured with a little lactic acid bacteria - so its seems its out for me??

Crème Fraîche: What Is It and What To Do With It? | The Kitchn

I need to check ingredients of other cottage cheeses, if all are mixed with Crème fraîche then its no good !
                            Hotmail..wow..I can't imagine anything better than cc and creme fraiche. Yum!! It makes me want to combine them (I haven't seen it here already combined) just to try it. I guess cultured/fermented things are not Peaty, but I forget why. It seems most of the Peatarians do variations of it because Ray Peat simply gives suggestions and not definite strict rules like W30 does.

Comment

• Cuz its cultured with lactic acid, and I agree with him re the yogurt and fermented stuff, its horrible for me, I get terrible bloat, and look 7 months pregnant whenever I eat anything fermented or cultured. This the main thing that really attracted me to Peat, so many plans sing the fermented probiotic praises, but I know how horrid this stuff is for my system and for my allergy. So having peat saying avoid it made me believe in him lol… lets see how it goes.. I can’t have oysters, but can have shrimps and muscles, also will try to get white fish like cod.
                              Love broth, and cottage cheese, I just want to make sure its not going to make my eczema a lot worse. Am not having milk for the same reason, using coconut milk. So I am really varying the plan already.

Comment

• Cottage cheese I can have about a cup a day. I usually made an egg+ egg white omelette (CW healthy days) with melted cottage cheese in the middle. Tasted like ricotta.

Then I would eat some with lite coconut milk & cinnamon in the afternoon.

Dates make my belly hurt and then I stay in the bathroom. :-/

------

Comment

Working...
                                X