Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turquoise, I know you were excited to have your friend visit. Have a wonderful time!!

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

    Comment


    • I love gelatin too! I eat 3-4 tablespoons per day. I think it is also good for ... umm ... Regularity? I can tell if I don't take it lol.

      It was an absolutely gorgeous day here today. It's definitely bias talking, but there are few places on a warm October day that I'd rather be than in New England. There is something about the bright red, orange and yellow leaves that gives me warm fuzzies of every happy fall memory I've ever had. Went for a couple of walks today and generally just felt happy.

      Comment


      • Zanna, that's so interesting. I think I am constipated from the gelatin.

        I've not been to New England exceptbThanksgiving 2009. I want to go in the fall.

        OG, that's funny about forgetting about the dairy.

        Gravity, yes 3D and yes glasses. My girlfriend hated it. I didn't mind it. I think it's about the technology. No story to speak of. You have to want t o watch an hour of Sandra Bullock in a space suit. I wouldn't go again and wouldn't recommend it. I've heard a few raves from 20-30 year olds. Me? Meh. Especially because I caved to real buttered popcorn. I would have done better with. Long walk.

        Cooking steak and asparagus for guy tonight.

        Comment


        • Hi guys! Found You!
          I will have to do a bit of reading to catch up.
          I'm still focusing on getting a good amount of protein and lifting cautiously 3x a week. Wednesday I go to NYC and Thursday AM will have the long awaited electrical impedance test to see if I've made any progress with the muscle building. I feel like I have, but we will see. Now to avoid all the NYC food temptations.
          Starting Weight: 197.5
          Current Weight: 123
          Far healthier!

          Comment


          • OG - that sauerkraut looks delish! I gotta find the time for some veggie chopping and make another batch!

            Comment


            • Zanna, my 86 yo mom recently crossed something off of her bucket list by taking a bus tour of New England with some of her girlfriends. They all loved it. Actually, she crossed two things off..she also saw the Budweiser Clydesdales.

              Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

              Comment


              • Calee, sometimes I love seeing a mindless movie with great special effects.

                How was steak with the guy. Did you snag any of the on sale rib steaks on sale at WF this weekend?

                Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                Comment


                • Janie..so glad you found us. Saw your scuffle with Zach last night. In fact, it distracted me from Homeland, so I had to watch the second episode. Lol.

                  Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
                    OG - that sauerkraut looks delish! I gotta find the time for some veggie chopping and make another batch!
                    Lorich, I have become involved in a saurkraut thread that has me confused. I have my kraut submerged with a leaf of cabbage covering it and a small cup keeping it under water. Then a cloth covering the while lot to keep dust and fruit flies out should any appear. The experts on the kraut thread are saying I should seal the jar with the lid and gasket. I haven't read Sandor's books but tons of recipes on the internet use the method that I am using. Which do you use?

                    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                    Comment


                    • Good morning,

                      When I used to have a huge garden, I would make sauerkraut. It's been a long time. But I remember putting it in a big crock with a weighted plate on top. It always worked well.

                      I'm doing good. Strange waking up in the dark and walking to work with street lights still on. Cold mornings, hot afternoons.

                      My vacation and trip to Florida gain is coming off really slowly. I'm eating gelatin, veggies, a bit of meat and cottage cheese. I'm staying away from higher carbs (fruit) until I'm back down another few pounds. My jeans are snug around the waist and thighs so I know I have another 5 to go until last winters size 6 skinny cords fit again comfortably. Ugh. I will be so happy when I can maintain the food balance of my daily life when I'm out there in the world. Simplicity truly works best or me.

                      Tonight is my favorite Pilates instructor. He's the ony man and only there 1 night a week. I wish it was daily.

                      Have a fun day!

                      Comment


                      • Calee, remember the days when all you had to do was not eat a twinkie to lose 5 pounds?

                        Just found out the person who was instrumental in my lay off was fired for bad behavior and not meeting numbers. Sigh..karma.

                        Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                        Comment


                        • Hey everybodeeeeeeee </grover>.

                          I've been reading y'all but kind of in a funk and eating my weight in ice cream. And, of course, all that dairy makes me feel like even more crap. I'm totally eating for comfort, and I still don't realize that the ISSUES don't go AWAY when I stuff my face, they just take a nap for a bit and then come back and I'm FATTER, and guilty-er, and it's a vicious cycle.

                          So, I'm putting it out there right now: Today, I'm going to eat W30, and when I get the urge to stuff my face, I am going to spend time writing in my journal about just why I want to stuff my face. It's generally because I'm feeling uncomfortable feelings, and uncomfortable feelings are messy and I don't like messes (which you wouldn't believe if you saw my house, I'm jus' sayin')...

                          So, I've had my first cup of coffee (decaf) with gelatin, and am drinking my water. I haven't eaten my eggs, but I didn't make brekky before my cleaning lady came, so I may just skip it, or eat them in a bit (but I hate to mess up the kitchen).

                          Happy Tuesday, Y'all!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                            Lorich, I have become involved in a saurkraut thread that has me confused. I have my kraut submerged with a leaf of cabbage covering it and a small cup keeping it under water. Then a cloth covering the while lot to keep dust and fruit flies out should any appear. The experts on the kraut thread are saying I should seal the jar with the lid and gasket. I haven't read Sandor's books but tons of recipes on the internet use the method that I am using. Which do you use?

                            Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                            I haven't read Sandor's book either (we must be the only two!) but I didn't use a lid. I set mine up the exact way you describe yours. To be honest though... My first batch I had in small mason jars (16 oz) and the cabbage leaf and spice jar filled with little pebbles kept everything submerged below the water level. My second batch I made in a big 1 gallon cookie jar and couldn't quite get the cabbage leaf cover to work as well. I definitely had more floating bits and that batch grew a nice layer of white film on the top. For both I just used a cloth napkin draped over the jar.

                            Comment


                            • Aww..Maigrey. So sorry you are struggling. I will do a w30 with you. I was going to drop dairy and sugar to see what is making me itch. Today is the day!

                              Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
                                I haven't read Sandor's book either (we must be the only two!) but I didn't use a lid. I set mine up the exact way you describe yours. To be honest though... My first batch I had in small mason jars (16 oz) and the cabbage leaf and spice jar filled with little pebbles kept everything submerged below the water level. My second batch I made in a big 1 gallon cookie jar and couldn't quite get the cabbage leaf cover to work as well. I definitely had more floating bits and that batch grew a nice layer of white film on the top. For both I just used a cloth napkin draped over the jar.
                                I ended up clamping the lid on. I think that white scum (said in a loving way) is pre mold and good to just ladel off. I am going to stop worrying about it.

                                I did order Sandor's book.

                                Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X