X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthdayyy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• a Q ladies, is there any way one can have a primal chocolate fountain??

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
        a Q ladies, is there any way one can have a primal chocolate fountain??
        Baking chocolate, palm shortening or butter, sugar or stevia for sweetening.

And then add fruits, coconut chips, etc to dip

------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Happy Birthday Jooles!! At least you'll always be younger than I am...
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Happy Birthday Julia!
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Wow! I feel like a celebrity!

Hopefully not an infamous one... snicker.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Julia

Comment

• Happy happy birthday Joools! I hope your celebration is fabulous. Maybe you should come up here tomorrow night so we can have a total birthday blow out!

Comment

• Happy Saturday!

I had a great party last night. Menu was terrific. Appetizers of good cheese, olives, zucchini fritters. Dinner: Whoe foods salmon and jumbo shrimp, green beans, spicy mango salsa, faro which I tasted because I've never had it. Beautiful chocolate cake from a great bakery. Had to have a piece. Thankfully they bought a very small cake which probably still cost a fortune. I left it upstairs for them to enjoy.

Today it's time to actually shop and get some food into the house. Focus of the week: meat, cottage cheese, gelatin, salads nd a bit of fruit. It's a relaxing day after very little sleep, but I'm a happy camper. I see TV, movies and a walk in my day.

Jooools, birthday report please.

Comment

• Hey Calee .. souds great and happy Sat

Some of these are good:
                    40 Creative Food Hacks That Will Change The Way You Cook

Comment

• Joolia..happy birthday!! You also will ALWAYS be younger than me.

Lorich, glad you stopped by. We're always nice here.

Had to take a break from the fighting. What I find funny is that both Peats and non-Peats get vicious, but both sides say only the other side is mean and NOW the mean crap is being blamed on VLC diet or too much sugar.

My chai spice kombucha turned out great. I put a teeny bit of molasses in with the sugar on the first ferment. Really nice.

Can you guess what I am about to make with the beautiful produce above? SAURKRAUT!! So excited.

Happy Saturday.

First batch.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                      Last edited by oceangrl; 10-12-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Hots, I like the Hacks! There were a few that I found amusing.

OG, your kraut is colorful. I bet it will be delicious.

I'm having a relaxing day. I'm making up for working 12 days straight. I have my first rump roast in the oven cooking slowly. I hope it tastes good so I can eat it next week. Other than Skyping with Zach in Berlin, shopping and cooking a bit, I'm doing nothing. I think tonight is early to bed. Will probably just read and watch TV. Exciting, right?

Comment

• happy birthday, julia!
                          OG, that kraut does look great!
                          I am on day 12 of my Whole30/AIP...and its going well! I cook my own food and havent had to deal with eating out or parties, thankfully. I am waiting for my lingering aches to go away, but otherwise I feel good. AND I have been taking oil shots, 2T of extra-light olive oil, once in the evening. seems to be curbing the appetite!
                          Welcome new people!

Comment

• Og that looks amazing!!

I made banana-medjool date "flan" and it tasted too... Banana-y.

Friend is visiting me from Austin so I won't be posting much!!

------

Comment

• Gelatin gelatin gelatin. Did I say gelatin? I think it's helping to curb appetite for me. I so prefer this to oil shots. We'll see what happens. I found Daisy cottage cheese on sale at Lucky's in Northern California.

Going out with a girlfriend today. A little shopping, then off to see Gravity in 3D. I love my boring life!

Happy Sunday.

Comment

• Calee, I'm loving gelatin too. Loving it!! I still do an oil shot, but mostly 2 tsp mct before I go to the gym (seriously gives me a huge energy boost which is what it's known for) and a scant TBS at night to ward off cravings (which is what I am known for ). I appear to have built up the right enzymes for it so no more tummy troubles.

Do report a review on Gravity. Are you seeing the 3D version? My daughter and I are going to see it next week. I'm afraid we'll be church laughing the entire time if we wear 3D glasses. You have to wear the glasses right?

I forgot that I was going to give up dairy for 30 days to see if that is what is causing itchy around my eyes. I bought some organic cultured Nancy's cottage cheese. The "cultured" term didn't register in my head. It is a little like eating plain yogurt with curds. Yum!! <sarcasm>. So..this morning, I drizzled it with a tsp of molasses. Seriously loved it. So..I will finish off my 16 oz container and then give up dairy and sugar for 30 days. I dont know what else it could be. I'll go back to Daisy after that. Nancy's is too expensive.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                                Last edited by oceangrl; 10-13-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X