Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruits I eat:
    Mangoes (frozen, use food processor to make sorbet)
    Pineapple (blend with light coconut milk for piņa colada)
    Blueberries (add to raw cacao)
    Medjool dates (blend with gelatin, little bit of coconut milk, hot water for a flan-like treat)
    Grapefruit and orange juice mixed in sparkling water for post workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Turq - was thinking of doing something like your med carb day, so S&E most of the day and in the evening (I don't like eating late, my last meal is around 3 to 5pm max) I will have some fruit... was thinking I should add cream or coconut cream.. I don't like having fruit early on in the day, I tried this before it worked for a bit, but then all went wrong, I could never be satisfied, I was eating /grazing alll day long on fruit lol

Oh with pineapple I know I wont overeat, they have a built in 'No More' sign - the taste in your mouth/on your toungue suddenly changes from sweet/exotic heavenly to sour/burning &stinging ... really odd, anyone noticed that? make a huge pineapple dish keep eating and you'll know what am talking about. Weird your body just say - that's it had enough !!

Comment

• Welcome Zanna! We are equal opportunity eaters in here. If you do it, we mull it over. In the end we each find our own path to great health.

I would love to do S&E but am allergic to both. Too much leads to joint pain and a 1/2 a dime size eczema by my nose.

Hots, what happens when you eat fruit? If you try it and like how you feel, do it! After I get these 4 pounds tackled I'm going to do more fruit. Cottage cheese and gelatin. Without it my digestion is terribly sluggish. With it I tend to put on weight

I didn't have time after Pilates to marinate the chicken but did cook it with a ton of onions and palm oil. Yum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
          Turq - was thinking of doing something like your med carb day, so S&E most of the day and in the evening (I don't like eating late, my last meal is around 3 to 5pm max) I will have some fruit... was thinking I should add cream or coconut cream.. I don't like having fruit early on in the day, I tried this before it worked for a bit, but then all went wrong, I could never be satisfied, I was eating /grazing alll day long on fruit lol

Oh with pineapple I know I wont overeat, they have a built in 'No More' sign - the taste in your mouth/on your toungue suddenly changes from sweet/exotic heavenly to sour/burning &stinging ... really odd, anyone noticed that? make a huge pineapple dish keep eating and you'll know what am talking about. Weird your body just say - that's it had enough !!
          I can never be satiated with bananas so I avoid them. Everything else I get tired of eating fruit after a while. I find that if you add sugar to juice it keeps you satiated (probably because fructose doesn't satiate bc it doesn't raise blood sugar level, but glucose does... Tons of studies done on fructose vs glucose).

Pineapple is my favorite fruit so I can eat a whole pineapple a day if I let myself. I usually eat some melons too... Watermelon slushie is awesome.

------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
            Fruits I eat:
            Mangoes (frozen, use food processor to make sorbet)
            Pineapple (blend with light coconut milk for piņa colada)
            Blueberries (add to raw cacao)
            Medjool dates (blend with gelatin, little bit of coconut milk, hot water for a flan-like treat)
            Grapefruit and orange juice mixed in sparkling water for post workout.

Thing is I don't really workout lol, I do go walking and try to keep it uphill, but not enough walking to have a sugar load.

When I did the fruit mainly eating plan I loved sorbet / blended frozen fruit (I bought and froze myself) , frozen banana & few dates is amazing - creamy, just like real ice-cream...

Comment

• Hots I get that with pineapple as well. Things like grapes watermelon persimmons cherries have no turn off point for me though.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                I can never be satiated with bananas so I avoid them. Everything else I get tired of eating fruit after a while. I find that if you add sugar to juice it keeps you satiated (probably because fructose doesn't satiate bc it doesn't raise blood sugar level, but glucose does... Tons of studies done on fructose vs glucose).

Pineapple is my favorite fruit so I can eat a whole pineapple a day if I let myself. I usually eat some melons too... Watermelon slushie is awesome.

Hi - could you retype the bit about the sugar/juice, I didn't get it :0

Yeh love pinapple, watermelon is amazing that year in the summer I used to make a huge smoothie every morning ... but at the end my tummy expanded so much and I suffered... but was also having bananas at the time, so not sure what caused it... the starch in the banana & potatoes are similar and never satisfies me... but somehow rice does... no idea why!

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
                  Things like grapes watermelon persimmons cherries have no turn off point for me though.
                  Yes true, mind you I know some people say they get a abdominal cramps if they have too much watermelon, I don't get it and I never know when to stop.
                  Cherries are the worst - bit like nuts, I can buy a whole box (family size box) and finish it off without realising lol
                  Grapes make me lethargic especially if I had them in the morning.

ooooh did you notice if you had a lot of pineapple everyday, you start to burn when you poo?? lol yes it happened to me as I did a pineapple fast/detox once for a week, and started to burn when going to the loo !

Comment

Hi - could you retype the bit about the sugar/juice, I didn't get it :0

Yeh love pinapple, watermelon is amazing that year in the summer I used to make a huge smoothie every morning ... but at the end my tummy expanded so much and I suffered... but was also having bananas at the time, so not sure what caused it... the starch in the banana & potatoes are similar and never satisfies me... but somehow rice does... no idea why!
                    Sugar has some glucose in it. Glucose promotes satiation because it raises the blood sugar level, which is an ancient biochemical signal to your body that you have eaten. This is also the theory behind carb refeed: after so many days of no raised blood sugar your body equates that with so many days you haven't eaten any food. Hence raised hunger signals, reduced metabolism.

Fructose doesn't raise blood sugar levels. It goes straight to the liver. Hence you can eat fruit all day and not be full.

By adding sugar to juice, along with some gelatin, juice becomes satiating because now it signals to body that one has eaten food.

------

Comment

Welcome Zanna, this thread is a shared journal, we are too lazy / learnt from past experience that we can't keep up with one journal.

I've been through various eating plans like you, and there are many way to lose weight, but not that many are long term sustainable !!

I've been doing S&E for 4 weeks now (well loosely, some weeks I haven't carbed up, other weeks I carbed up a couple of times) but now thinking I should introduce some fruit, just to have a few in the evening... however am doing this to treat my eczema more than anything, and have been getting really good results, I only have smapp patches (coin sized) on my face/elbows and legs, the face and elbows are gone since starting the S&E... the few patches on my legs are improved a lot, but not healed completely...

So what does the jury think? to fruit or not to fruit...

Oh in the past I did fruit a lot - at one point I mainly ate fruit due to digestion issues and inability to digest fat/meat (that healed now ) but I learnt not all fruit at equal (well to me) for example bananas no good for me (so no wonder the potatoes hack didn't work either) no idea why!! so thinking berries, but they are out of season in a week or so, pineapple is really great for me and I do like them... not sure about Kiwis?? pinapples are in season all year long, we can get kiwi as well all year, not sure about the season though !
                      Thanks! I like the shared journal. I am recently single though so may have some crazy dating stories to share soon a la turquoisepassion. I had some doozies from the last time I was single. It seems like a lot of courting is done through texting, which is weird to me.

Re: fruit. Heh, that's easy for me. Yes!! My skin, hair and general well being all love the fruit. Mostly oranges, pineapples, bananas but I love them all. Except for blueberries. I have always loved blueberries, but over the years they have just become these mealy, miserable things that don't resemble the blueberries of my youth. My neighbor, Maine, is known for blueberries but we have tons in NH too and I just haven't liked them lately. I fee like the tomato people who complain there is no such thing as a good tomato anymore.

Comment

• Where's InSearchOfAbs?

For you Jules: https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...45449138_n.jpg

Comment

• Lolllllll!

------

Comment

• that is a freaking HILARIOUS PICTURE! OMG!!!!

And yes! Today is my 16th birthday, weeeeee!

Man, just saying yesterday "tomorrow I'm going to be 45" sounded
                            SO WEIRD coming out of my face.

I don't exactly feel 26 anymore, like I did a few years ago, but definitely
                            not over 30, so FORTY-FIVE sounds totally unbelievable. Not that it's old,
                            but shit on a shingle, with all the coke I did in my youth (and I wasn't THAT YOUNG,
                            definitely way old enough to know better), I should be DEAD. So that's why 45 is
                            like omg!

Funny.

I have enough See's Candies to start my own store. 4lbs of it.

2lbs from my husband and two other pounds from neighbors. Ack!

Also an individual piece of cake, a very teeny ice cream and a HUGE BOX
                            of Jr. Mints.

Holy crap, I'm going to be 560lbs by Monday.

I better have Mikey hide most of it for LadyTime.

But considering that THIS MONTH'S WONT EFFING GO AWAY COMPLETELY,
                            maybe I'll just jump in and make myself sick on it. HA! Not.

Welp, gotta finish my disgusting looking Nutriblast (though delicious!) and then
                            hoof it to school for my lunchtime duties.

Welcome Zanna!

Julie

Comment

• Happy Birthday Jules enjoy your sweets
                              Last edited by Hotmail; 10-11-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Happy birthday Abs! Isn't it funny getting older but not feeling it at all? I guess that is a good thing... right?

This thread seems to happy and nice I thought I'd pop in. I hadn't noticed it until today. Which is a sign... because I was thinking of trying some CO shots again. Because my pants are tight. I did great on SLD last winter when I lost 5 lbs in 12 days. I've tried going back to it a few times but never stick with it. The appetite suppression never kicks in before the annoyance of slurping 300 calories of fat a day. Last winter somehow I stuck it out though and was so amazed by the scale I stuck with it. I would really love to stick with Peat because the foods make me so much happier and really helps with binging. But I don't want to buy a new wardrobe. So a reduced appetite with Peat would be perfect! And maybe I'll listen to Turqoise and add some sugar to juice

Comment

Working...
                                X