No announcement yet.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again..me too. I keep waking up clawing my eyes. Lovely picture..I know. Stuffy nose too. I can't figure out if it's sugar or dairy or combo. Or is it the glass of wine? I keep trying to blame it on my shampoo.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
      Again..me too. I keep waking up clawing my eyes. Lovely picture..I know. Stuffy nose too. I can't figure out if it's sugar or dairy or combo. Or is it the glass of wine? I keep trying to blame it on my shampoo.

Gonna start with dairy... I suspect only non-raw dairy does this to me though. When I nibble on raw cheddar it doesn't do much. Then this weekend I overdid it with a huge chunk (16oz) of organic part-skim mozzarella (ahh it was on sale and I couldn't resist) and woke up with the world's biggest pimple on my chin. Wahhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Gack..no cottage cheese. Sigh. I would like to figure out what is causing my itches. Maybe it's the fighting on the forums.

Comment

• I never liked or drank milk because it always made me phlegmatic. I was a little leery of adding it in for that reason and because its milk, yanno? Gross! Lol. Cheese also made feel this way but cheese is awesome, so stuffy or not, I'd eat the cheese.

Fast forward to the present and I'm eating both; surprisingly, more milk than cheese. I'm not stuffy at all.

I think the things that were making me react were things added to supermarket dairy and not necessarily the dairy itself. I've made sure that everything I've eaten has been devoid of any gums and fillers. I mean they add sawdust to shredded cheese these days! Ugh.

It's so hard to avoid the crap in our industrial world, no wonder people throw their hands up and give up. It's a full time job to be vigilant.

Comment

• mango sorbet (frozen mango chunks, a tiny bit of light coconut milk, 2tbsp gelatin, a tiny bit of organic maple syrup) for post workout. Topped with more light coconut milk.

------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Yum!! That looks amazing.

Comment

Yum!! That looks amazing.

+1

Comment

• Leaf..interesting. I am super careful about the dairy I consume. I buy what little milk I use from Kookoolan farms. Raw dairy from pastured cows. Cheese is from a small dairy in Washington that has maybe 12 cows. Cottage cheese..Daisy.

I think I will dump all dairy and see how it goes.

Comment

• Latest Keep Portland Weird photo. What is better than Darth playing flaming bagpipes?

Last edited by oceangrl; 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Latest Keep Portland Weird photo. What is better than Darth playing flaming bagpipes?

Walk across the street and buy that man a Voodoo doughnut! Lol

Comment

• OG, yes, I'm with you there. I'm super picky about the quality of my dairy and eggs. Since being this way I can't stand the flavor of supermarket eggs. I remember ages ago my first trip to the UK, and being served orange-yolked eggs. They freaked me out because that just wasn't normal! Lol

Comment

• Lol..no kidding!

Comment

• Hey there!

I'm back from the Bears game - beautiful day for it, and I probably even got a sunburn, oops! Turns out you can totally bring food in without a problem, and I even managed to (shhh) sneak a bottle of water in as well. Small towels are great =). I packed up turkey slices wrapped around avocado slivers (yummmmmmm) and a container of pineapple and berries from Whole Paycheck. SO Good. Too bad the game wasn't up to those standards, but oh well. At least I got my steps in!

I got home and all of a sudden had daydreams of soooooooshi and pad see ew. I realized I was actually just tired and made a deal with myself that if I was still desiring those when I woke up, we'd get something. I slept for an hour and could probably have just stayed in bed all night, but I had a quick meeting I had to deal with, so I got up. And surprisingly (or not so, really), I didn't want soooooshi/thai. I actually decided to make... Egg Drop Soup! I scanned the archives for OG and Turq's conversation and consulted Chef Google, and cooked that up. I may have overcooked the eggs a bit, but not too terribly.

And I added 2 Tbsp Gelatin, and OG is right, it added that nice little shine

And now I'm relaxing with a cherry fizz (100% tart cherry juice, splash of lime, fill with 16oz seltzer) and watching my soapy tv (mmm Revenge and Good Wife).

Comment

• Glad you liked the egg drop soup! I love finding new ways to take gelatin.

Next project: chocolate sorbet with gelatin.

------

Comment

• Maigrey, what a lovely evening. You got me in the mood for egg drop so I had to make some. Once the egg hits the hot liquid, it's pretty much done. Egg drop soup and episode 2 of Homeland. Lil bit of heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X