No announcement yet.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhh..oakey and buttery...I love chardonnays like that. There was an amazing one back in the nineties when I worked at McCormicks restaurants (before it was a chain). Then it became uncool to like the oakey/buttery. I fought it, but I lost. I don't think any of them are oakey/buttery.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• That's why I generally don't do chard until my third glass!

I'm more of a fan of the pinot gris/grigo for whites, pretty much for that reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• OMG I hope you're right about Grey Goose. That's all I have to say. G'nite all.

Comment

• Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Hey OG!

Have you made flan with gelatin before? I am considering this recipe except with lite coconut milk for my carb day tomorrow.

http://m.justapinch.com/recipes/dess...ch-creamy.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
          ------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I haven't. I made eggless chocolate pudding, but I didn't love it. It was too gelatinous. I think I like such things to be soft and creamy. I will try the flan though. It looks so good. Will you add sugar to it to make up for the condensed milk?

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
              I haven't. I made eggless chocolate pudding, but I didn't love it. It was too gelatinous. I think I like such things to be soft and creamy. I will try the flan though. It looks so good. Will you add sugar to it to make up for the condensed milk?

Yep! Coconut sugar and regular sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I could live on puddings and flan.

Comment

• Okay, I bought a box of sliced calf liver the other day. I haven't tackled it. I actually don't mind chicken liver, but I haven't found a source for pastured chicken livers yet. I keep looking at it in my freezer. Anyone have an amazing recipe? I haven't googled, but I was just going to pan sear it real quick and top it with caramelized onions. I like the idea of some Balsamic vinegar to cut through the murky flavor of the liver. I have some fresh figs that I bought for balsamic fig chicken. I could use a couple for the liver, but not sure.

Comment

• OG, soak it in some milk for awhile before pan searing. It mellows the flavor.

Comment

• Thanks Leaf. Every recipe said soak it so I think I will. My friend Shannon is up in your neighborhood. Dinner at El Gaucho and Bon Jovi concert.

Comment

• I actually defrosted some grassfed liver that I've had in the deep freeze for a long time yesterday. My intention was to weigh out small portions and cut them up into little pieces that could be frozen and then swallowed whole like a pill. I really dislike liver that much.

I stood there and looked at the nasty thing and decided to man up and try it again. I took an ounce, after soaking, and pan seared it in a bit of Kerrygold.

Surprisingly, it wasn't bad. Much to the chagrin of my dog, I ate it all.

Comment

Thanks Leaf. Every recipe said soak it so I think I will. My friend Shannon is up in your neighborhood. Dinner at El Gaucho and Bon Jovi concert.

Ha! My trainer is also there tonight. The Tacoma Dome is going to be rockin'. I, however, am in bed reading and cringing at the behavior, by both sides, in the new nasty thread. Why do people take the bait? Oh well.

Comment

• Oh I know. The OP was actually comending the site for good behavior and then all hell broke loose. I would have stayed out until I was mentioned. Sigh.

Comment

Oh I know. The OP was actually comending the site for good behavior and then all hell broke loose. I would have stayed out until I was mentioned. Sigh.

I really enjoy the good-natured banter because I've learned a great deal from both sides. That's why I read the forums, so that I can sift through and glean the wheat from the chaff. This aggressive and nasty behavior is only going to weaken this forum because I think the ban hammer is going to fall this time. It makes me sad.

Comment

• I agree. At first the whole Peat thing irritated me. I come from a heavily moderated forum, so it was all confusing to me. I have come to greatly appreciate the different views. I can say I glean from each camp that works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X