No announcement yet.

La Caféine Sang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically spent the rest of the day completing an assignment with my girlfriend.

A roughly 3000 word reading log on ten books printed after 2000, two cultural, one novel, and they all had to be reviewed by language, illustrations, and content. Yay!...
    ...got most of it done. We'll complete the rest tomorrow, in Uni.

I love having my girlfriend over for dinner. Really do. We've been doing it every wednesday for weeks, now. But that's probably going to stop – or at least, become a lot more difficult – next week onwards, as we go on Practicum.
    I checked out my bus routes – total of an hour and a half bussing to and from the place, no including the long walk from mine to the bus stop. I'll be home at say... 6:00PM? I'll be struggling to fit anything in – have to be at the school by 8:00am, they finish roughly at 3:00pm, not including teachers meetings, which will no doubt take longer... long story short, gym, family and my girlfriend will be a lot harder to fit in.

Don't get me wrong, I will fit everything in – I don't plan on not lifting anymore, I love it, and gaming! - but I just thought I'd treasure some moments wth her, is all.
    We cooked chicken for dinner. I had mine on rice with veggies, she had hers on homepbaked wedges in her home cooked sauce. She loves to cook, seriously loves it, and she's damn good at it, too – her gluten-free baking is the only kind I've ever liked. And her butter chicken is fantastic.
    Then we had baked apples and ice cream for dinner, which was amazing, before we said goodnight.

Now I'm sitting at my laptop, working on my writing, watching Hellsing and doing some of my assignment. Will call her soon.
    And I have tea, Mmm, tea.

Eatz.
    NUTRITION

Gelatin Coffee

(10g Butter/Coconut oil/Gelatin)

½ a Container Mixed Berry CoYo

A “coconut milk yoghurt” with mixed berries. Damn expensive, but my girlfriend loved it in an organic shop, so I bought a tub $14 for 400g!!!) so we could split it. How good is it?... Well,s he hates coconut, and she was obsessed with it since we first tried it last week. So that should tell you.

An apple.
    (No pic)

Chicken and veggies on white rice.

One large chicken breast, diced up carrots and brocolli on 100g uncooked rice. Seasonings used: worchester, manuka smoked salt, pepper, cajun.

Baked Apple with ice cream

Date-stuffed baked apple with orange juice and shavings as “sauce”, served with three scoops vanilla ice cream with a dash of cinnamon. Because cinnamon.

Kumara “cookies” and protein sludge.
    2jO2c8F.jpg
    Made to make up for leftover calories/protein.
    The “cookies” are wedges of kumara (terrible pic, nicer in real life) coated in ginger, cinnamon and a teaspoon of raw sugar, microwaved until crispy with a softe inside, served hot like cookies from the oven. Nom.
    The “sludge” is one scoop protein power, 1-2 tablespoons of water. Mix until a paste. Makes a great sweet proteiny dip.

Macros:
    P: 128g
    F: 85g
    C: 338g
    Total: 2582kcal

Aaaaaand that's a wrap. Will make up that extra 58 calories from today tomorrow. I don't know, a bit more honey on my dessert? Who knows. Might snack on something while doing that assignment.

Anywho, adieu til tomorrow. Goodnight!
    Last edited by Shadowknight137; 09-18-2013, 04:12 AM.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Thursday 19/09/13

Thursdays are “okay” days. Nothing bad, nothing special, either.
      Woke up and had to make my girlfriend a sandwich, because I promised, so made one from two chicken legs (meat only, obviously), half an avocado, some grated carrot, mayo and sliced tomato between two pieces of gluten-free bread. I don't know how she can stand the stuff, I personally can't, buuuut.... to each their own, meh.

Then I prepped my coffee and sat down to watch some Youtube, work on my assignment and plan what I was gonna do for the day. I promised my sister we'd watch Alucard together tonight. We haven't hung out in ages, so yeah, going for that.

At Uni I opted to work on my assignment rather than go to History. Why? Well, History is boring, and I already have all the notes on it. I kept working on my assignment right through the Technology Workshop, which today was making chocolate, which usually I'd be all over, but...
      ...the darkest brand being made was 50%. Not in, so not in. That's not dark chocolate, that's milk chocolate pretending to be dark. Bleh. And besides, I can actually make dark chocolate at home, not just melt it into moulds, amateurs.

While working on my assignment, I nommed on some baked kumara and dates, because I remember it being delicious. I've kinda been on a date rage, lately, having them every day. They're amazing to nibble on, delicious melted over hot things and have the best texture when chilled or frozen,

Assignment is now done and dusted. Three thousand words reviewing ten books. The longest one? Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! I love those books, and kinda had to restrict myself from writing a crapton more.

As for now? Now I'm working on some of my novel. Namely characters – the Villains, mainly. The main villain – Gravelord Proditor, is actually really fun to write about.

Big thanks again to you, French Fry for helping me out on for the name of the Cafe the protagonist works in.
      It kinda is a big thing since a good deal takes place there. Tell me – does La Sang Caféiné translate as “the Caffienated Blood”, or something different/nonsensical? I know you said “ Sang Caféiné” translates as “Caffienated Blood” but does “le” or “la” work before it?

Nomz and more updates for today will come later.

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

I also LOVE DEADLIFTING. Great idea to video your sessions so you can keep track of your form. Do you follow any coaches at all? I find awesome tips and ideas from Ben Bruno, Jen Sinkler, and Coach Dos, among others.
        Madam von Sassypants is journaling and shiz.
        Frequently found there: links to delicious recipes, overenthusiasm, swear words, constant conflict from working for a craft brewery, and overall, the perspective of a lady who's been primal for over two years and is finally tackling an 18-month-old plateau.

Comment

It's le sang, as it's masculine and hey, I posted it too! Go check back.

Gluten free bread is the worst. You might as well have used cardboard.
          I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by madamvonsassypants View Post
            I also LOVE DEADLIFTING. Great idea to video your sessions so you can keep track of your form. Do you follow any coaches at all? I find awesome tips and ideas from Ben Bruno, Jen Sinkler, and Coach Dos, among others.
            Deadlifts are AWESOME! What are your current stats?

Yea, I've kinda been considering uploading some vids on here so I can get my form critiqued... If only I could figure out how.

Not a coach per se, but I get most of my nutritional and lifting info from Jason Blaha.
            IceCreamFitness - YouTube
            I love his content. Controversial stuff to be sure, and he pisses off a good few people in the fitness industry... but I still think he's awesome.

Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
            It's le sang, as it's masculine and hey, I posted it too! Go check back.

Gluten free bread is the worst. You might as well have used cardboard.
            "Le Sang Caféiné", then? Thanks And yeah, I know you did :P I was gonna acknowledge you at the time... But I don't know why I didn't, actually. I might have forgot mid post. Sorry

Yeah, gluten free bread does suck. Most gluten free products do, I find. But she enjoys sandwiches, and hey - if she can put up with me being Coeliac and eating that crap, then I'll gladly make her a sandwich any day. And I make sure to fill it to the brim with stuff she likes, like the chicken, mayo (Godknowswhy) and avocado.

This evening I got home, cooked up dinner and watched some Alucard with my sis. Today I've done a good amount of writing, completed two assignments (one MASSIVE literacy one, and a History quiz online). Now I'm Skyping my friend with a cup of tea and heading off to bed, after more writing.

Tomorrow morning I've got gym - OHP day, gonna try to get past 47.5 for reps on that, and do well on the bench... also will train for that push up challenge on Saturday. Then I'll be visiting my Nanny for a home-visit, or in the mall, depending on how things go and if the care-home can help her out.
            Will probably work on practicum stuff, too.

Now, then.

ON TO TEH NOMZ

NUTRITION:
            Bulletproof Gelatin Coffee
            jbah89i.jpg
            (10g Butter/Coconut Oil, 6g Gelatin)

Baked kumara and dates
            NT0iqMX.jpg
            NOMNOMNOM Dates.

Coconut fried shrimp on rice
            pY6fvQK.jpg
            236g shrimp coated in coconut-flour fried in coconut oil, covered in coconut butter and shredded coconut on top of 100g white rice.
            Coconut-ception, baby.

Banana split
            EYQHwCR.jpg
            French vanilla ice cream on leftover banana from...

Protein rice pudding
            IlaPNeK.jpg
            Vanilla whey, 100g white rice, dates, sliced banana, splash of honey and tiny dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Macros:
            P: 122g
            F: 57g
            C: 410g
            Total: 2611kcal

GAH. This means I have to eat 2742kcal tomorrow :'/ Got pretty caught up in Uni today and didn't get to pack much (Dad wanted to use the kitched after I made the sandwich, kicking me out - I barely had time to microwave that kumara.

I should be able to hit that goal tomorrow. I plan on having some sushi post workout with my Nan, then maybe rice pudding later, depending on if we go to the Organic shop or not.
            Can anyone give me any ideas for dinner? I got nuttin'

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

TRAINING – OHP DAY
              OHP Warm Up (5x37.5/40/42.5) Proper set (47.5x4/2/4/4/3) (45x2) (42.5x3)
              Row: (5x42.5/45/45/45/45)
              Bench: (60x8) (62.5x8/8/6/7)
              Barbell Curl: 10x 10/12.5/15/15
              Dips+15kg: (10/10/10)
              Hanging Leg Raises:+1kg 15/15/15
              Notes:
              • Lol, was gonna do 3x5x45 on OHP before doing 3x3x47.5, but accidentally loaded up the 47.5 and pulled off reps of 4 thinking Well, this is heavier than usual, then I just went with it
              • Rows could maybe go up in weight. 47.5 next time.
              • Kinda bounced the weight off me on Bench... big no-no.
              • Saw one of my oldest friends at the gym today. Was nice to catch up. He was doing deadlifts, and damn was I jealous... I have them tomorrow, though. He commented on me putting on size - particularly on my chest - which was nice. He's at 80kg himself and in pretty good shape. I was mirin'.

Just checked out the school I'll be going to for practicum, and now I'm about to head out the door to visit my nan at the mall and eat my post-workout tuna sushi. Will be back later for updates.

But first, my morning Gelatin-BP coffee, so I can fit in more nom pics later.

AUfOWjg.jpg
              10g butter, 10g coconut oil, 6g gelatin.

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

I'm gonna cut this short.

Basically, spent some quality time with my Nanny in the mall, eating my sushi and a sundae (don't judge me), and wheeled her around through the book store to show her the latest books.
                Came home, did writing, gamed, and have started prepping for practicum... pretty much the latter took over my day. Meeeh. :/

Anyhoo.

NUTRITION:

Post workout tuna sushi
                zVButcB.jpg
                Can of tuna, 100g white rice, nori wraps, grated carrot

McDonalds Small Chocolate Sundae
                FTCRqyx.jpg
                Eaten because my mother, grandfather and grandmother were all eating an ice cream, and it was a nice moment. It was delicious, and I enjoyed every mouthful. May even have again in future.

Apple and a pear
                (no pic)

Salmon fillet and kumara wedges
                z7FRgIx.jpg
                I love salmon. Seriously. Freaking love the stuff - garnish is fish sauce, worchester, garlic, ginger, a tiny bit of chilli and squeeze a lemon on top with some ground black pepper... love it.

Apple-Protein rice pudding
                wtYx4Ob.jpg
                Vanilla whey, 100g white rice, dates, sliced banana, splash of honey, handful of raisins and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This time around I cooked the rice with slices of apples in it to give it an appley flavour. Ooh, and a sprinkle of raw sugar on top, for flavour.
                Kinda becoming obsessed with rice pudding, now.

Banana
                (no pic).
                Basically, to make up the last 100kcal I'd been lacking... It was actually a really nice banana.

Macros:
                P: 138g
                F: 57g
                C: 436
                Total: 2755kcal

An excellent day. Had a great session in the gym, got to eat good food and hit all my macros. Now, to return to my studies... Meh.

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

Saturday 21/09/13

TRAINING – Deadlift DAY
                  Deadlift 5x 77.5/90/100/112.5
                  Squat: 5x60/65/65/65/65
                  Push Up Challenge:48
                  Notes:
                  • I OWNED the push up challenge! I haven't done push ups in ages, butn managed to dish out a straight 48 with perfect form. My opponent got 55 push ups, but one of the PT's at the gym noted I was doing proper push ups (all the way down) whilst hers were not 100% legit. Am I satisfied? Hell no. Rematch on the 19th, and I'm gonna practice for it.

Managed to snap some pics in the locker room - terrible quality, I know, but I'm gonna put them here to compare with past pictures.

1 Year ago, roughly between 48-50kg (103-110lbs):
                  RruodKW.jpg
                  OHtaQAq.jpg

Today, 60 maybe 61 kg (132-134lbs)
                  wEXLczf.jpg
                  hIRT0zz.jpg
                  4rWXoaV.jpg
                  ^And a back pic snapped at home.

I am quite happy with my progress thus far, and look forward to continuing my bulk.

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

Great day, here!

Had a haircut, got a crapton of writing done and am now ready for practicum! Tomorrow, the girl and I are gonna go over everything and ensure we're all covered... then hey, I'm right in the thick of it: first week on the role of teacher. I'm quite excited.

I finished the Hellsing series, and hove now found... Hellsing Ultimate! It's kind of a remake of Hellsing, but a lot more bloody. Loving it thus far... And I typically hate anime. Seriously, this is the first I've ever watched/enjoyed.
                    Hellsing Ultimate OVA Episode 1 English Dub HD 1080p - YouTube

Nomz of peace;

NUTRITION:

Bulletproof Gelatin coffee
                    QeiknCa.jpg
                    10g Butter/Coconut oil, 6g gelatin.

Green and Black's 75%
                    IQ5RCS5.jpg
                    Because I'm me. This stuff runs through my goddamn veins.

A pear
                    (no pic)

Home baked hoki fillets and potato wedges
                    FA01MW2.jpg
                    Coated in coconut flour, tomato paste dip. These are the best fries I've made yet - coconut flour + spices (tumeric/cumin/salt) = amazing coat for fries. Hoki was baked with a tiny bit of coconut flour, lemon and pepper - was two fillets, but became a bit mess as I removed it from the tinfoil. Ah, well. Still amazing.

Protein rice pudding
                    hzRW2Zs.jpg
                    1 scoop vanilla protein, 100g white rice, 3g gelatin, baked sliced apple, dates, banana topped with brown sugar, cinamon and a dollop of french vanilla ice cream.
                    The trick is to baked the fruit - apples, dates, raisins, etc in with the rice (just rice, water, fruit and a teaspoon of gelatin) to let all the flavours and juices sink in, then pour the mixture a bowl and add the protein powder and stir. Mix until thick, then add your toppings of choice, my favourites are sliced banana, cinammon, maybe more dates or raisins. From there, eat as is, or add a splash of cream (tbsp will do) or a scoop of ice cream to give it a creamier texture.
                    SERIOUSLY. OBSESSED.

Tea with a tsp of milk.
                    (No pic)

Macros:
                    P: 140g
                    F: 76g
                    C: 348
                    Total: 2599kcal

Eh, again have another 50kcal to make up for, but that should be no sweat. May be popping into Kiwiyo (self-serve frozen yoghurt/ice cream place) or getting a McDonalds sundae with my girlfriend tomorrow, so expect that (and no judging! :P).

Kinda hoping a friend of mine on these forums - Ebrady - will get back on her journal so we can kinda work on them together. I realised, once again, I've gotten caught up in things and forgot to respond to her old message (as my laptop resets, the open tab with my half-written response is lost... -_-) so I'll try talking with her tomorrow. It'd be great to have someone kinda around my age on here to work with.

Can someone give me ideas on dinner tomorrow, maybe? Something nice my girlfriend'll enjoy, too - so nothing "weird" I enjoy, like organ nachos or heart steaks. She hates fish, so I can't do that, and we always have chicken.
                    Anyone got a suggestion?

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

Sunday 22/09/13

Originally posted by ebrady98
                      Hey, thanks for the shout out I keep putting my journal off (procrastinating is the only thing I'm good at) because I wanted a new account made...I definitely definitely will start again soon.

Dos she like curry? I'm kinda obsessed atm. Massaman <3
                      Hey! Great to see you made it on here! Yeah, you should definitely get your journal back on track, ASAP. That way we can have our convos in here rather than on PM... and maybe actually respond in due time :P

Didn't end up having dinner with her, but I did have a sundae... Had to be heartless and make a horrendous decision to not go down South to visit her family with her this time.
                      We've both been planning to for ages, but I need to get on top of things. Uni, drivers license, a job, etc. Long story short, it was kinda heartbreaking, and I feel terrible for doing it.

Meals of peace and sadness for the day.

NUTRITION:

osV8mgQ.jpg

McDonalds Small Chocolate Sundae
                      NbIfSl3.jpg
                      Eaten with my gorgeous, oh so understanding girlfriend. She had caramel and choc, because she loves caramel. :P

Two pears and an apple
                      (no pic)

Chicken breast and kumara wedges
                      vgNbHyc.jpg
                      Leftover chicken = tomorrows sushi.

Rice pudding
                      mYr0WVY.jpg
                      This time cooked with a cup of milk in sub of some water, no protein powder and extra dates/ice cream. Delicious/10

Macros:
                      P: 136g
                      F: 42g (bit low, but meh))
                      C: 462
                      Total: 2700kcal

Macros for week have been met - mission accomplished. Starting again tomorrow.

Tomorrow is, in terms of gym, Bench Day, in which I hope to get 70kg (154lb) for reps.

Tomorrow is also the first day of practicum!!! Working with little Year 1's, I'll be taking on the role of a teacher for my first week. Wish me luck!

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

Okay! Time for...

WEEK UPDATE

Well, this was my first week of Practicum, and I have to say - loved it. I loved taking care of this kids, working with them, helping them with things they didn't understand, etc. It was brilliant. Seriously.

I'm looking forward to the next four weeks after this two week break and getting back into it. I met my visiting lecturer - who is the one who will be assessing me - and it turns out that she is my Intermediate School Deputy Principal!
                        I don't think words can describe how strange it was talking to her. At the time, we were terrified of her and even hated her for being so strict and 'mean', but now I'm on the other side... I totally understand it. We do what is needed to be done to ensure quality education - both academically and socially - for children, regardless of criticism and hate spewed towards us from upset parents and children. We are teachers. It is out duty.

...Needless to say, I kinda found that teaching is a hell of a lot more exciting than I thought. It feels like I'm playing a key role in developing the future and - ironically, much like the character - I will need to do what must be done to ensure it, for the greater good.
                        And I love it.

Now, in terms of food and gym throughout the week...

...It was a real struggle. My already existing distaste of eating was enforced here. It's a lot easier wolfing back thousands of calories on my own or with friends, after taking a picture of a cool fancy meal to post online and track my progress, but in a Staff Room surrounded by people who run in circles with (if they are not the ones themselves) people who could be my future employers? I struggled hitting my calories for the week.

It came in handy cooking up a big batch of vegetables in coconut oil, then eating them over the few days. Usually in these situations (ie, social, at uni, etc) I'd just eat a chocolate bar, but it's different here: I have to set a good example for the kids. I also snacked on a crapton of dates. Seriously love them, now. Dates are amazing; high calorie, easy to eat, sweet in their own way that appeals to my bitter taste buds and are kinda like natures lollies. I love'em.

In terms of gym... it's different training in the evenings. I usually train around 6-10am (not four hours, but within that time), but instead have been hitting it around 4-6pm, which is kinda a big change.
                        Positives: Better music, more motivation, the people at this time are bigger and experienced in comparison to the pretty much "need to lose teh wayt" crowd and seniors in the morning. The music, though... seriously better than in the morning. Adele is not deadlifting material.
                        Negatives: I felt kind of exhausted from a full day of school, and felt sort of off from eating before gym, which I don't usually do.

Either way, I better get used to it. I'm gonna be doing it for four weeks after the break. I'm gonna work on setting it up and getting on a strong, managable routine over the next two weeks. Any suggestions? And not just SS or Stronglifts, please; I kinda like variety. Though I do need to work on my squat.

Anyway,
                        NUTRITION THE WEEK:
                        I would be an absolute liar if I said this week my 'diet' was perfect. I did indulge on a few McDonalds Sundae's post workout, after ensuring their gluten freeness, and kinda ate a few more entire packets of dates that I should have. But meh.

Here are some things I ate throughout the week.

Fried fish fillets and potatoes topped with tomato paste
                        IhvgSpV.jpg
                        Chicken breast, baked potatoes and cottage cheese
                        FgufhWp.jpg

I've recently discovered my love of twice baked potatoes. Easy, real prep besides pricking then nuking a potato in the microwave, then baking it - often whilst baking whatever meat I'm having. Result?... Perfect crispy outside, soft inside. Goes AMAZINGLY with cottage cheese.
                        And that fish was delicious.

Roast Veg and Sausages
                        kgoasSu.jpg
                        Pretty much a staple throughout the week, and a lifesaver. Roast potatoes, carrots, capsicum, onion, pumpkin and kumara in coconut oil and two Angus Beef Gluten Free sausages. Nomnom.
                        And yes, these ones were half eaten, as it would be weird to take pics of food in front of teachers.

Date stuffed kumara with blueberries and ice cream
                        lyQC8sW.jpg
                        HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. Seriously, try this. Nuke a sweet potato, slice it down the middle and cut the insides, load it with dates, then nuke for another two minutes. This has pretty much been my dessert all week. I don't think words can describe how much hnng was in this. Hnnng! Especially with blueberries and vanilla ice cream on stop.

Dates and Tea
                        SNkpNEn.jpg
                        Dates were pretty much the bulk of what I ate throughout the week. Seriously, I went through packets (300g) of the bloody things. Good source of carbs and calories, and are damn delicious as frozen snacks with tea or baked in kumara... mmm... kumara.
                        And tea. With teaspoon or so of milk. Helped me sleep, and is quite relaxing. I love tea, maybe because I'm part British.

Well, that's it for the week, then. As of now I will be doing daily updates - for better or worse - and we'll see how things go.
                        Also, now that eBrady has her journal up and running, I have a partner-in-crime to work with on here.

This is gonna be fun.

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

Hey SK, your food looks amazing. Can I just add my tuppence worth about the teaching thing? Just cos your assessor was a mean bitch don't feel like you have to emulate her style. I've been a teacher for nearly 20 years now and I swear the most rewarding thing and what begets good discipline is fostering good relations and mutual respect with the pupils. That way they understand that what you are doing is in their interests. And explain to them why you are asking them to do or not do A, B or C, and not just asking them to do it for the sake of it.
                          Anyway I'm not saying that's what you're doing, it's just a mistake I made early in my career when I was young and running scared of the kids. How long is your course?
                          I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

Wow, really amazing journal! I love pictures you posted.. They really make me hungry I also love the way you see yourself as a teacher, and it's great that you know how imporant they are for society and future of so many people!
                            Best wishes!
                            Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Comment

[I]
                              Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
                              Hey SK, your food looks amazing. Can I just add my tuppence worth about the teaching thing? Just cos your assessor was a mean bitch don't feel like you have to emulate her style. I've been a teacher for nearly 20 years now and I swear the most rewarding thing and what begets good discipline is fostering good relations and mutual respect with the pupils. That way they understand that what you are doing is in their interests. And explain to them why you are asking them to do or not do A, B or C, and not just asking them to do it for the sake of it.
                              Anyway I'm not saying that's what you're doing, it's just a mistake I made early in my career when I was young and running scared of the kids. How long is your course?
                              Oh no, please don't get me wrong. First of all, she wasn't a mean bitch, though she did seem that way (admittedly, I am/was a little shit, which probably contributed :P) because she was so strict. Secondly, I would never be mean to kids! The reason I got into teaching is because I love them so much. Seriously, we're like the same mental age.

My course is three years of study, then two years of actual work to register. You're a career teacher, wow! Can you tell me about it? Any tips and tricks?

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                              Wow, really amazing journal! I love pictures you posted.. They really make me hungry I also love the way you see yourself as a teacher, and it's great that you know how imporant they are for society and future of so many people!
                              Best wishes!
                              Thanks! I've checked your thread out a good few times, and I'm mirin' I'll pop in later tonight to contribute something.

I'm just gonna post yesterday's stuff now, then follow it with todays.

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I spent the whole day together. Why? Because it was her last day in Auckland.. Yes, as of now, I am miserably sitting at my laptop missing her while she's down visiting her family.

She took me out on a "date" for the first time, and didn't let me pay for anything - she did it because I always do that to her. What can I say, I'm a gent, but this time she didn't let me. (Well, I did buy her lollies, and a coffee... but she paid for the movie and dinner).

We had some good nomz. Here they are:

NUTRITION

Chocolate Protein Shake
                              (No pic)
                              Had this after training. I was kinda worried I wouldn't get enough protein for the day.

Blueberry protein sludge.
                              (No pic)
                              Just blueberries and whey. Again, thought I may be low on protein.

"Cookie dough" Kiwiyo tub

Pork Rinds

Movie snacks.
                              I love Kiwiyo. It claims to be frozen yoghurt... but I'm pretty sure it's just ice cream. It's cookie flavoured, yet gluten free. How?... No idea. But I enjoy treating myself to it immensely.
                              ...and yes, I did dip the pork rinds in the Kiwiyo.

Burger fuel "Bacon Backfire" burger.

OMGFTWHE2FUO2FN THIS WAS GOOD! Now, if you don't know me - and if you did, you'd know it too well - I hate gluten free products. It's one of the reasons I lost so much weight to begin with (ie, not making up for the calories), and I'm also terrified of getting glutened out in a public place.
                              But I wanted to enjoy a burger with my girlfriend. And, you know what, it's the first gluten free bread-like thing I've eaten that was good. Well, it's bread, so I mean it fulfilled it's purpose.

Contents of said burger? Lots of bacon, tomato, lettuce, grilled chicken, brie cheese, and homemade ailioli and relish. I loved it all.

Chocolate Sundae
                              YpENeEM.jpg
                              Another sundae eaten with the girl. Again, chocolate for me, caramel/choc for her.

Macros
                              P: 163g
                              F: 74g
                              C: 234g
                              Total: 2243kcal

UGH. Have to eat about an extra 400 today to make up for that. Yay.

Anyway. I'm about to get dinner nommed on, then post up on threads and my latest (todays) update. But seriously... As kinda lame and pussy-like it sounds, I seriously miss her.

Will be Skyping later/10

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

Hi there
                                I wonder about your carbs intake .. It's kinda high to me. I mean I just don't know how my body would react to your intake. I have around 80-200g daily. Do you feel good with such amount? You don't have any cravings? I'm asking because I'd like to gain some muscle mass too, and I'm considering to add some more Thank you and best wishes once again!
                                Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Comment

Working...
                                X