No announcement yet.

Primal Journal Teri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling good today. Put on another pair of jeans that fit better. Yay! Still feeling strong and focused. Still taking it one day at a time. Last night my person that causes my world to be unbalanced came over. He tried to get me to eat non primal but I held tough. Everything went fine. I didn't want to go eat a billion things when he left. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. This morning I was thinking about my commitment to this. It started out with the three week challenge. So I was saying to myself, well I can commit to three more weeks. Then it was like no until the end of the year. Then I realized no this is for life! I want to have more life so this has to be my life. I spent all my life eating so bad;cakes, ice cream, fast food, pizza, all in large quantities. I never believed I could live a different way. Now I believe I can do this. I can be the "Teri" that has been yearning to come out and not be afraid of life. No more "if only"s.

B scotch eggs, coffee
    L I hate to post it but scotch eggs again. I was rushed and all I had. At least it's not fast food!!!
    D Chicken, salmon, cole slaw, dark chocolate
    Last edited by terijr; 10-07-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Ok so yesterday was the last day of the 21 day challenge. I did well this weekend staying within my carb range. I've been having dark chocolate every day but still staying in my range so no cheat. This morning I got on the scales....... :0( I only lost 1 pound in the past two weeks. I am so disappointed. I really thought there would be a difference since my jeans felt different. Was it my imagination? I started to fend off the disappointment by saying I do feel better even if but to be totally honest I want the scale to go down. I'm doing what I should be doing so I feel like I deserve it. So I turned on the TV this morning and Joyce Meyer's was on the channel. She was talking about how she has struggled through things while other people just breeze through and have miracles. She said miracles do happen but she said point blank "miracles don't mature us". Then she was talking about what we are like compared to how God operates. She lit a sparkler and it burst with lights then just stopped. I smiled and said Thank you, God for putting a mirror to my face in just these few minutes. That was me. Blast of light ****I'm going to lose 5 pounds this week*** then fizzle. I want miracles and I don't want to mature in this new lifestyle. I'm learning through the process, maturing, growing. It will make me stronger than if I had lost 5 pound in a week. One thing I have learned, is to be thankful. It changes my perspective. I am thankful that I lost 5 pounds in the 3 weeks. I didn't gain and I did keep my commitment. I didn't fail. I'm okay. I'm maturing and growing out of my need for the "love" food. Growing to make wise decisions for my health. Maturing and learning through this process to depend on God and take it one day at a time. I feel so much better than I did after I got off that scale.

So I am committing again for the next month. I will evaluate my food choices and stay primal. I will commit to walking more. And most importantly, I'm going to relax, trust God and enjoy the process.

B Egg muffins, coffee
      L soup & salad
      D salmon, chicken, sw potato, cole slaw, dark chocolate
      Last edited by terijr; 10-08-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I'm okay today. I'm in a neutral mood. It's not fun going through something challenging. I still shake my head that I'm doing right, I know I am and I still didn't lose. I know my diabetes may effect it but really I did the "cabbage soup" diet and lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. It didn't effect that. I know I know but what can I say. I even feel like the clothes I thought fit better now feel like they are not. The mind is such a battlefield. Just staying the course anyway. I do feel better and have energy but I want to feel better and have energy and weigh less! hahaha

B IF (I forgot my breakfast. I'm not hungry any way.)
        L Egg Muffins
        D chicken, cole slaw, dark chocolate.
        Last edited by terijr; 10-09-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Not much to say today. Just plugging forward. Stay the course. I have decided to join Crossfit. MDA info on diabetics shows I need resistance training. I hope that helps to burn the extra glucose I have.

B Coffee
          L Salad, chicken
          D Salmon, tilapia, sweet potato, dark chocolate
          Last edited by terijr; 10-10-2013, 05:47 AM.

Comment

You're doing amazingly! Your meals are all perfectly Primal, you seem to just eat when you're hungry too, which is great. And you're really thinking positively about the lifestyle change, it's not the number on the scales that matters but how your clothes fit, how your body looks etc etc. I haven't been as strict as you (I eat a LOT of rice it seems, and way more snacks between meals!) and I haven't seen the scales shift either (though I must admit I don't really have anything to lose, a couple of pounds would still be a nice ego boost wouldn't it!), but the last couple of weeks I've noticed looking in the mirror that my waist is a bit more pulled in, and my stomach is way flatter. I put this down to no gluten and very little caffeine & dairy. So keep up the seriously good work, make sure you get out for your fresh air every day, and maintain that positive outlook!

Comment

Thanks so much Livlytique!! I really appreciate your encouragement. I feel like I'm doing this alone so your response was like a breath of fresh air! I read over my posts to reflect on my process. I have felt a bit caught up in the number but I do know it's trial and error at first like the walking. I couldn't make it work. That's why I think Crossfit may be better because there will be others working out with me. I'm a truly social person so walking by myself was a bummer.

Again thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad for your success. It inspires me!

Comment

Ok so I know I shouldn't get on the scales....but I have a big challenge coming up. I lost 2 more pounds! Yay! I really needed that. So this weekend I will be going home (where I grew up) to take care of my house there. Get it ready for winter. Now this will be the BIG tell tale of my journey. There are foods I dearly love, like the local bakery which has chocolate cake like no where else. Susy's biscuit that are like no place else. I go crazy when I go home with certain foods. But I am preparing myself. I get to change. I get to be a different person. I don't need those things. I know if I do partake it will be like a alcoholic that takes that first drink and can not get back. I know that about me and those foods. I don't want it. I will be with people who will push it on me but I have made my mind up. That's why I needed the 2 pounds. I am making progress!

B 2 egg muffins
                L 2 egg muffins, salad
                D Fajitas,6 chips, dark chocolate
                Last edited by terijr; 10-11-2013, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Good morning! I feel pretty good today. No I didn't get on the scales. haha I'm waiting until Monday. Last night my friend took me out to dinner. We had Mexican. I mulled over the menu trying to find something not so expensive that I could eat but he told me get what you can eat, so fajitas are the best thing. I told the waitress I did not need the tortillas and ordered water. I gave him the beans and rice. I did partake of the chips but just a few. I love the salsa at this place so I would take the chip and scoop the salsa and eat just a part of the chip then get some more salsa. So all in all I just had 6 chips which is a major feat for me. I know I slipped and was not 100% but I'm back on track today. For the weekend, I prepared some salads. I'm taking my dark chocolate because it does help with the temptations of the bad sweets. So I feel prepared. I know I have to get my head in the game because it's not about physical craving. It's about emotional cravings.

B coffee (not hungry this morning)
                  L Salad
                  Dinner will be eating out but will make best choices I can.

See ya Monday! Have a great weekend. :0)

Comment

Hi Terijr! You are doing great. Hang in there and keep on keeping on!

I have the salsa and chips craving too and when I just can't shake it, I sometimes just eat a few spoonfuls of salsa. The lack of crunchy stuff is definitely my biggest stumbling block.
                    Last edited by MsSmith; 10-11-2013, 06:13 AM.
                    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                    1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                    GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                    CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                    49 - 5'7.5"
                    Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Thanks so much, MsSmith! I like your verse. I feel like I'm in my desert season so that verse is refreshing. I appreciate the encouragement. It seems like we are on a similar journey. Hope to hear from you again. :0)

Comment

Originally posted by terijr View Post
                        Thanks so much, MsSmith! I like your verse. I feel like I'm in my desert season so that verse is refreshing. I appreciate the encouragement. It seems like we are on a similar journey. Hope to hear from you again. :0)
                        Hi Teri. You're welcome! How are things with you?
                        GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                        49 - 5'7.5"
                        Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Hi MsSmith! I'm doing okay today. Had a little set back this weekend but I'm moving forward! :0)

Comment

Good morning all! I love that I have a new day every day. I guess that's why they call it "present" haha I guess I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked. I do give myself kudos because I didn't just go to wild abandonment. I did have the Susie's biscuit on Saturday morning. I negotiated with myself that I would not have any other carbs and I didn't. I walked for 3 hours after eating the biscuit so I'm sure I burned some of the carbs up. So all in all Saturday was not bad. Different story on Sunday. I had Taco Bell, donuts and Pepsi. It was a free for all!! :0( Oh well. It has only been a month and I just can't beat myself up for this mess up because I'm still in the learning process. I did do better than I've ever done. I didn't have the Spring Hill Pastry, thank heavens. I'm feeling the effects of the grains today. I do feel the inflammation. My rings are tight and a bit of a hangover feel in my head. I gained a pound on the scale this morning, of course. So I'm learning and growing. I'm moving forward today in to my "present" of good choices. When something like this has happened in the past, I tear myself up and say to myself "See you can't do this" but not today. It's a bump in the road and I'm okay. I did go for a hour hike yesterday and did a little sprint so there were good things I did right. I'm not perfect.

B IF (I'm not hungry and I'm sure I have enough fuel from those bad carbs!)
                            L Liverwurst, Salad
                            D Hamburger patty with sauteed mushroom, green pepper, onion, salad, mashed cauliflower
                            Last edited by terijr; 10-15-2013, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by terijr View Post
                              Hi MsSmith! I'm doing okay today. Had a little set back this weekend but I'm moving forward! :0)
                              Good for YOU!
                              GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                              49 - 5'7.5"
                              Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Today feeling good. I'm moving past my bump in the road. I went to the store after work and I was hungry but was able to breeze through the bakery and ice cream aisle with no problem. I'm over those triggers I guess. I'm doing the heavy lifting with my groceries up 3 flights of stairs but not much else. I want to start crossfit, I think. I'm going to go this week and try out the free session to see what it's like and if I can even do it.

Have a great day!!

30 days Primal with one bump in the road. Yay!

B IF (not hungry)
                                L Chick Fil A salad
                                D Hamburger patty with sauteed mushroom, green pepper, onion, salad, chicken thighs. Surprising again no chocolate.
                                Last edited by terijr; 10-16-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X