No announcement yet.

It's about getting healthy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Meatza is totally on the menu!!!!!!!!! It was a great success with the exception of the oven which is totally greasy now!!!
    I really loved it and 1 pound of ground meat is enough for dinner and lunch or breakfast the next day...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Gods, how come I'm craving a huge Milka chocolate bar right now???? Is it almost lunch time? dang, I was doing so good on the cravings...
      My story, My thought....

Comment

Originally posted by ebrady98
        You got any dark chocolate?

I'm having cravings atm too...I normally forget about them if I keep my mind busy. Hang in there
        I did forget about it after I had a salad... I just saw something in the color of the milka bars...

Okay, so now I'm totally stress and angry and am drowning myself in Dark Chocolate.... gods I hate government departments and people who work for it!!! really really hate it...
        They promise the world but do shit...
        I don't know why it's still upsetting me, I should be used to it by now after 10 years of shit but still... my head is pounding now...

*Take a deep breath*... stress is not good. stress is not good... *deep breath*..

so anyway, I decided to try rice-noodles to go with my bolognese sauce... I'm not sure if it's primal but I couldn't find any eggplants or anything like that...
        I had some Meatza left for lunch and breakfast. And I made a big salad....
        My story, My thought....

Comment

I found out about how bad stress for you is... I gained two pound overnight!!! Most of it will be gone in the morning but still...
          I did eliminate one major stress factor today. The kittens have been to the vet. any change of unwanted inbred baby cats are gone... Both kittens are not sleeping of the last of the drugs. They seem to be doing great but I'll be happy to hear them scratch the door tomorrow.

Primal wise, I am adjusting more and more into the lifestyle... I feel so good that I find myself not worrying about going to the gym or making sure I stay healthy... which is the first time in a decade... As long as I eat well it seems I'll be find... I'm loosing weight, I can see it... which in itself is a miracle...

So busy weekend ahead... I'll be walking miles on the next two days as I'll be attending a fantasy festival. I plan on going on my socks, I just have to figure out what to do with my shoes... I'll be getting in my movement for this week...
          I'll try to get a bit of weight training in on Monday.

Food wise, I think that I don't eat enough for dinner... I guess I have to make more...
          I had, 100 gram of fish, 100g of sweet potato and a few carrots... that's not really enough. I'll wake up halfway through the night with hunger...
          My story, My thought....

Comment

Staying primal is going to be so hard this weekend... they are only selling bread, sweets and fried stuff at this convention!!!
            Long live the SAD!!!!

I guess I'm going to have to put in the 20% this weekend
            My story, My thought....

Comment

Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
              Staying primal is going to be so hard this weekend... they are only selling bread, sweets and fried stuff at this convention!!!
              Long live the SAD!!!!

I guess I'm going to have to put in the 20% this weekend
              Salut! You could also fast ?

Comment

Sadly not! I'm walking around (barefooted) all day. I really need to eat... I had some chicken and salad... so that isn't bad.
                But it's also taxing on my self-control... so I allowed myself one treat and hopefully it will be done with that
                My story, My thought....

Comment

Wow, I only now realize how bad my diet was before going Primal... I go to this convention I'm attending this weekend already for 7 years. I never had any issues with finding food to eat there. Fries, fried meat, doughnuts, muffins, sweets... It didn't matter. I even considered the sandwiches they sell healthy!

Now, it was a nightmare!!! There was absolutely NO good food available. What came closest was chicken breast fried in artificial fat and a salad with potato, meat and peas in a fake mayonnaise...
                  I had thought about bringing a bit of food with me, I brought a bag full of nuts and a bit of jerky. But waking up hungry already and apparently 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon aren't enough to survive on I was hungry before midday...
                  Nor was it helpful that on every corner there were free sweets available...

So I ate the chicken and salad, to try to stay on diet but sadly it caused a massive blood sugar drop and I was shaking with hunger again by the time it was 2pm... So I gave in... I had a non-glaced doughnut. I did have a primal dinner of a salad. so it was only 1 meal off track
                  Tomorrow I'll be there again. I have already decided that I'm not going to fight it... My body reacts violently to bread and potato so I'll give in and eat some sweets to remain full...

before it is suggested, I can't take food with me... there are no lockets to place my bag in and my back is too weak to carry any bags with me for a long period at the moment.

Anyway I'm proud that I didn't give into the sweets that were available. I feel too good on Primal to risk falling back...
                  Monday it's strict primal again for 5 days... after that I have a all-girls weekend, I'm going to try and keep it Primal but I'm not sure if I can manage it with breakfast. We will see....

Oh yeah, I bought two bottles of mead... is mead primal? I love mead... I could drink it every day if I could handle the alcohol...
                  My story, My thought....

Comment

So this weekend was a total bust based on diet.

I had an amazing weekend amongst my fellow pagans and fantasy fans. With tons of good music and fun times. Based on my primal need for being social with in your tribe it was a bloody good weekend!
                    Fitness wise it was a great weekend as well. I spend hours walking (my feet are now hurting as well) I spend at least 2 hours dancing on good music. So that part of being primal I got down as well. (going to spend some time in the gym on Tuesday for weight training)

However food was totally off...
                    I managed to eat Primal for breakfast and Dinner. I also managed to snack relatively primal. Brought a bag of nuts with me.
                    I drank only water and tea. but lunch was so not primal. Following yesterday's failure today was even worse. I had snack-bar food and even gave in into sweets. Though I didn't enjoy the sweets as much as I hoped as I kept thinking about how all that insulin I'm creating is destroying my body while I'm eating the damn sweets.

So at least I know that slowly my brain is re-programmed to live primal.

What else is new?
                    I'm going to give it a try and start writing. I have tons of ideas for good fantasy stories in my head and after talking to some writers and a publisher I have decided to give it a try. Which means that I'll be spending even more time with my laptop. Something i was hoping to cut back down on... but then again... I really want to give it a try.
                    My story, My thought....

Comment

I kept thinking about how all that insulin I'm creating is destroying my body while I'm eating the damn sweets
                      Euh ... non, actually insulin saved your life here ... just sayin' ... Don't blame the vital hormone that transports things out of the blood stream and into the cells. Sweets once in a while won't be of a problem if you know when to stop, and how often you can have them. Sweets have more crap in them, or at least some stuff more problematic than the refined sugar. Your body knows how to deal with sugar. But some of the other substances ? I can only doubt ...

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                        Euh ... non, actually insulin saved your life here ... just sayin' ... Don't blame the vital hormone that transports things out of the blood stream and into the cells. Sweets once in a while won't be of a problem if you know when to stop, and how often you can have them. Sweets have more crap in them, or at least some stuff more problematic than the refined sugar. Your body knows how to deal with sugar. But some of the other substances ? I can only doubt ...
                        I know... I'm thankfull that insulin has kept me alive for so long....However to not fall back on sugar binges like I use to do (a 500g bad of M&M's was just a snack) it's good for me to think this way. While I agree that a little bit of sweets every now and then isn't going to kill me, I know that if I give in now I'll be off the wagon in no time...
                        It's better to start to see sugar and my body's reaction to it as a negative thing... just like most people have with fat.
                        My story, My thought....

Comment

I see. But you know, M&M's are fat + sugar + artificial color + flavors of unknown origin ... but mostly: sugar and fat. Are you referring to the nut based M&M's ? that's the bomb: PUFAs AND sugar / flavor / weirdo chemicals. They have reached the bliss-point when tailoring the recipe: fat and sugar = memory of how baby milk tasted, even though you don't remember _consciously_. Maybe I am making this up but that is what I think it is.

Comment

FrenchFry, it almost sounds like you are justifying eating M&M's!! Or maybe it's just wishful thinking from my part.

So lately I have been thinking about how to combine my Earth Warrior believes with being Primal and following the Primal diet. It's not easy but i'm getting there. I realized that eating Primal has less impact on nature. Eating locally, while killing my company's business of trafficking fruits and veggies all over the world, has much less impact on the environment.
                            Not using palm oil (if we all did it) would save tons of rainforest in Borneo.
                            I notice that I eat less in general. also most of the food doesn't come in plastic... I think I made a good choice here...

Another issue that had been on my mind are fats. i still don't completely get it all. Which one are healthy and which ones are not. So far I understand that PUFA's are the worst of the bunch. Though I'm pretty sure my doc will claim that Saturated fats are bad. But what are PUFA's? How do you avoid them? should you avoid them completely?
                            Even more on my thoughts is the influence of fat on my body. Does it raise my BP? Will it raise my cholesterol? What will my blood results be? How long does it takes to get my values where they have to be?
                            I'm still itching to stay away from the fats but now that I have read about Cholesterol I understand that a bit of fat is healthy. But can you over do it?
                            I know fat and carbs don't go together but is my carb intake low enough not to interfere with the fats?

Many worries on my mind only time can tell if they are needed... For now I guess I have to trust in Mark's plan...

I went fully primal again today.
                            Had coconut pancakes for breakfast, left over beef from yesterday with leftover pancakes and a cucumber for lunch and a BAS with pork for dinner... Kept the nuts to a minimum and almost no chocolate...

I also did some body weight training. I rewatched Mark's instruction on squats, I guess I did them properly now. I did 4x10.
                            wall-push ups, I did 3x10 and planks. I did knee to elbow planks 2x15 seconds...
                            I feel the planks in my stomach... it felt good to feel my muscles warm up... I hope I can do more tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a big day. It's my first visit to the cardiologist since going primal and since stopping 4 of the 7 meds... I'm slightly nervous about my blood results. My cholesterol hasn't been tested in years, I'm curious to see the results but I'm already coming up with all sorts of dramatic results...

I guess I just have to wait and see.

(for those who read my story, I'm sorry is my thoughts seems a bit confusing and long today)
                            My story, My thought....

Comment

FrenchFry, it almost sounds like you are justifying eating M&M's!! Or maybe it's just wishful thinking from my part.
                              Vraiment ?? haha

About PUFAs, it's a short for poly-unsaturated fats. The generally good ones are naturally saturated and mono-unsaturated.
                              I go in general for the least inflammatory foods (in my case, but I have no known allergies, etc). PUFAs (omega-6) are required for inflammation, a good thing when you need inflammation to fight off something, but not on a daily basis, especially from foods since it is easily rancid by the time you eat it (like when you buy shelled nuts in transparent plastic bags off the shelves ... smell the stuff and you'd be surprised ...). Problem is that if you eat a lot of omega-6 (very ubiquitous in processed foods), you need to eat a lot of omega-3's to balance (omg3 are anti-inflammatory). I like eating fish a lot but not a big fan of fish-oil, it is not a real food. so I avoid omega-6's. In the end, it is rather easy:
                              - cut down on nuts (I don't eat them myself, save for mac nuts rarely as they are low in PUFAs)
                              - no processed foods (full of PUFAs or vegetable seed oils)
                              - full fat dairy: nice fats
                              - ruminant meat: nice fats
                              (pork and chicken are less good in that respect).

Comment

Ebrady, It would be nice to loose 10 to 15 pounds. I do have some excess body fat but It's not really necessary to loose it quickly. It could take a few months. I do feel much better and that's all that counts.
                                My story, My thought....

Comment

Working...
                                X