It's about getting healthy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
    For the CLO, I would go with the fermented version. It tastes like ass but has a natural nutrition, unlike stuff where you have to add isolated components. Just a suggestion, you're your own master

About the keto, what exactly do you want to achieve ? Have you read Peter Attia's piece on the subject ? If you plan to lose fat on keto, you may want to read this first: How to make a fat cell less not thin: the lessons of fat flux The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.
    Thanks for the suggestion.... I don't have much money to spend on this as I find buying the good meat more important. I went for the best of the cheaper options just to try and see if I feel better at all with them.

Thanks for the link on Ketosis. Besides that I have read it might be good for my heart muscle to function on ketones I also have a bit of belly fat to get rid off. I would do ketosis only to kick start the fat loss and see if my heart will really be happy with it... just as a trial but not before I have given full primal a month or so extra.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

I don't know why but I'm bloated!!! it happened just after dinner and my stomach hurts like crazy.
      I ate a salad with salmon, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, egg, cashew nuts and a little bit of cheese.

I know I don't do well on fatty fish but I never had a bloat like this from salmon. I hope it will disappear soon. at least before I go to bed.

For the rest of the food today:
      B: bacon omelet and a carrot
      L: 2 carrots, coconut pancakes and a steak tartar.

I managed not to snack in the morning. However this afternoon I made up for it as I had chocolate, dried fruits and banana bread.

i made the banana bread for my dad's bday but I had to try it cause I used raw cacao in it.

FrenchFry, bloody hell that link you send me is like a book from school. It goes much deeper into the cellular metabolism than my laboratory education did... very interesting... I have printed many of his articles and will read it as soon as I have finished my book...
      My story, My thought....

Comment

I'm still chewing on all the detailed information about food and how your body deals with it I received over the last two weeks. Mark's book and blogs give so much info... I swear my brain use to be quicker understanding it all

I'M GETTING OLD!!! or at least an old slow brain!!!
        I guess I really need to read and do mind games more instead of computer games... Retrain my memory and quick thinking part. Right now I would not survive two minutes in Grok's time. I would be pray for any animal...

But in all seriousness. The info is quite overwhelming, especially since it goes against about everything that has been drilled into me. I eat 100% primal at the moment with the exception of chocolate. I feel the difference in my body, I can feel it in the way my clothes fit, (even though the scale is still very stubborn) now I'm hoping that I will see it in my blood as well. This scientific based mind needs prove in numbers...
        I mean I could just imagening these feel good results, right? (I really need to get myself a measure-tape)

The principles that Mark lays down are easy and simple. Too simple. I just don't get how this can be true while doctors, insurance companies and governments aren't pushing this eating style more.
        I mean they don't need to say that the Primal Blueprint is the ultimate sollution but they could start advising people on insulin and the relationship to sugar and carbs...

Hmmmm.... still trying to figure this out. For now I'm doing what I use to do in math-class. even though I don't understand it full, just follow the teacher and you'll get through it until your brain catches up....
        My story, My thought....

Comment

Originally posted by ebrady98
          The scale isn't important. If you feel better, and your clothes fit better, that's all that matters.

The government don't push this way of eating, because, well, for a number of reasons. They'd have to admit they were wrong...about everything and they wouldn't make any more money off statins!
          Thanks for the uplifting words... I know they are the truth but it would be so nice if the numbers cooperate...

I think I did good today food wise.
          B: bacon omelet
          L: mini-meatloaf, cucumber, 2 eggs
          D: steak with herbs and mozzarella, chicory with ham and cheese (I didn't like that much) and yoghurt with nuts.

Snacks were standard, apple and chocolate. I have developed a taste for the 86% chocolate.

I went to the butcher and ordered heaps of meat, meat for pulled pork, beef roast, steak, ground pork and ground liver.
          I hope I'll like the liver, it's a nicely cheap option but I find it still bloody scary to eat...

Exercise wise, yesterday I did a lot of weight training at home, tons of full squats and push ups. it caused my legs and arms to be sore today but I had a tennis court booked for this afternoon. Tennis is so much fun but when good players are beating down the ball next to you, it feels like you are such a failure... It actually helps me to get better and more into the groove.
          My story, My thought....

Comment

You're doing well, keep it up. I agree, ditch the scale for a few months. I as a 30 year old male went from 103kg to 80kg in the space of a year. That loss was not gradual and I would stay the same for weeks and then all of a sudden 2kgs went off just like that. Weighing yourself can quickly become obsessive and demoralising so definitely get measuring tape. With that one I lost inches on the belly gradually and consistently, from 42 to 32. Writing it down every week was a good motivation for me.
            Don't worry about the chocolate, dark is good and if it helps with long term compliance and you take calories into account, go for it! I like the 80/20 principle, 20% effort for 80% of the results. Primal eating with some starches and kettlebells did it for me, and it looks like you are on track too to find a way of life that works for you.

Groeten van een domme Belg in het buitenland :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

flyingpig, I don't know many domme belgen alleen eigenwijze!!!! I work with people from the chocolate country on a daily basis but I never find them stupid... Thank for your kind words, it's really helping that people are so supporting around here.
              Sadly I can't ditch the scale yet, I need to track my weight for a while because of a change in medication. I need to do it at least until Christmas.

Today I found out how Primal I already am... I needed to drive for 2 hours and to do that I need two things, music (as loud as possible) and food. Before going primal this would mean tons of candy. Today the chair beside me was filled with carrot, dark chocolate, bacon stripes and a bottle of water.

Food wise I have been grazing all day. it started with an omelet with bacon, 1 hour later I dived into a banana, followed by an apple, cucumber, sausage, carrots, dark chocolate, bacon and finally dinner with a big salad and some meat.

Tonight it won't be getting any better as my dad is celebrating his bday. I'll try to avoid the bad things in food but I'm seriously not going to stay away from that bottle of Captain Morgan's finest.... Rum is Primal??? at least it is today... I won't be drinking more than two glasses anyway...

No exercise today, spend the whole day sitting behind a desk or in a car... maybe I'll do some dancing tonight
              My story, My thought....

Comment

I lived in Primal sin yesterday during the bday party... I had cola with my rum... Mom had forgotten to make ice-cubes and I'm not yet a fan of pure rum so I mixed it with cola... of course it taste good but I'm paying for it now. I'm bloated and my stomach is talking a mile an hour...
                I also had a few peanuts but mom had sausages and cheese cuts so I was able to stay a bit on diet...

The best thing of the night, people's reaction. Everybody thought I had lost weight and looked really healthy. I haven't looked healthy since forever!! Even my brother's friends noticed.
                My aunt (who had lost 20 kilo by dieting CW style) asked me what I was doing. The idea of eating high fat and high protein was really appealing to her and her husband (he lost 15kilo by cutting out candy and starting hiking). I immediately gave them the link to MDA and a few dutch websites...

Today is a recovering day, I drove the two hours back home, did some grocery shopping and am now being lazy on the sofa...I'm just so tired and feel awful thanks to the cola...
                My story, My thought....

Comment

Call me a wuzz or lazy I'm not going to step out today!!!! It had been raining like crazy. It started somewhere early in the morning and hasn't stop... Now I'm all for a good hike with bad weather but this is insane. If it continues I can swim outside...

I have a large tajine on the stove making Pulled Pork Paleo style. we will make a big ass salad with it for dinner tonight...
                  Besides that I have made mini-sweet potato omelets for week supply. still need to make more supplies but the weather outside is just as good as my motivation to do anything...
                  My story, My thought....

Comment

Hey Marielle, you can always go for a few burpees right in your kitchen! No excuse ...

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                      Hey Marielle, you can always go for a few burpees right in your kitchen! No excuse ...
                      bwahahahaha, I actually had to look it up...

I do have the very good excuse of having an all afternoon shopping trip planned for tomorrow... I'll get tons of exercise tomorrow by walking, fitting, walking, fitting, etc.....
                      My story, My thought....

Comment

I really need a pair of vibrams to make sure my feet won't hurt so much after a long walk. My feet are killing me right now!!
                        I spend the whole afternoon shopping (1 to 5pm)... I got my movement in this week.
                        I didn't even find good clothes... I only bought on sweater dress and two leggings... I went to look at vibrams but they only had the ugliest versions of them, so I'll have to order those online once my paycheck gets in..

Food wise I think I under ate today...
                        B: 3 carrots, 2 tbsp of pulled pork.
                        L: cucumber sandwich. (cucumber in half, smoked salmon and full fat herb cheese between it)
                        D: roast beef, sweet potato fries, cucumber salad, full fat yogurt with walnuts and honey.

Snacks, 40 grams of dark chocolate. 2 slices of dried mango.

Non-primal: choco-machiatto during shopping. I needed something to fill my stomach so I took the drink with the most fat that I was sure tasted great so it was a real treat.

For the rest of the week I'm going to focus on loosing 2 or 3 pounds and weight exercise. I'm going to see if I can skip the nuts and switch fruits for veggies.
                        My story, My thought....

Comment

You did try them on to get the right size, didn't you? Ordering shoes online is a pain in the ass, but I wouldn't even want to start when it's about Vibrams! I don't have them, but I think that the size for Vibrams would be different than the size for normal shoes. Dunno where I got that, must've read it somewhere.

You can buy those little glass jars with sliced or whole olives and jars with stuffed bell peppers (you can get hot or sweet ones, and they're filled with some kind of soft cheese). They're really nice for a snack (though I wouldn't get the hot ones for a snack.. I love spicy foods and even my mouth was on fire) and they're vegetables.
                          "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                          It ain't makin' me any thinner
                          I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                          And then I have a sugar blast!
                          I eat toasted bread for lunch
                          And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                          At dinner I eat pasta
                          And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

Comment

Okay, these are about the most awesome five finger shoes I have ever seen!!!

http://myshop.s3-external-3.amazonaw...uo%20front.jpg

But so bloody expensive!!!
                            My story, My thought....

Comment

I was too tired yesterday to post a long update...
                              I don't know but either I have a a bug in my body wreaking havoc or my body is having issues with taking away the medication but I feel like crap at the moment.
                              Actually that makes it sound really bad. I have really bad moments and really good moments through out the day. I definitely need more sleep as I wake up tired.

Anyway, yesterday was a good day primally speaking:
                              B: pulled pork and an mini- sweet potato omelet
                              L: big salad with smoked salmon (I really need to get more Omega-3 from natural sources in me)
                              D: was an issue!!! Apparently we didn't plan well and neither of us went to buy veggies. So my bf had to go out through the rain to buy stuff as I couldn't find any delivery restaurant that fits within the diet...
                              What we had: Entrecote with a huge salad.

Snack: pear, dried fruits and a bit of home-made coconut chocolate.

what did we learn today:
                              - plan meals through out the week better.
                              - make sure you always have veggies in teh fridge
                              - Don't do weight training with a cold body (pulled a muscle in my knee during squats)
                              - get tons of more sleep after a day of shopping!!!
                              My story, My thought....

Comment

Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                                Okay, these are about the most awesome five finger shoes I have ever seen!!!

http://myshop.s3-external-3.amazonaw...uo%20front.jpg

But so bloody expensive!!!
                                Ok like wow those boots are very nice

Comment

Working...
                                X