Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paleodutch View Post
    Great about your bloodpressure.
    Can you discover a trend with your headache? If it is always on amonday maybe it is that you eat different on days you work or drink more coffee. Lots of people get headaches on saterday when they drink less coffee on a day off.
    I honestly don't drink coffee or any caffiene. Maybe from the tea but I'm drinking more tea than the English on any given day. I go by the rule of not drinking your calories...
    I honestly can't think of a trend that would case the headache. My boyfriend agrees with the doctor and says I'm too stressed out in the weekends and at work the additional stress is making my head explode.

Originally posted by kmarie
    Hi,
    Sorry about your stress/headaches.
    Have you tried EFT?
    That's great news about your FAB BO and being off the meds! Yay!
    K
    I honestly have no idea what you mean with EFT? Could you explain?

So I'm a little bit more relaxed now. I was completely stressed out by the fact that my little kitten (he weighs 4,4 kilo but he is still litte) is sick... the poor thing was feeling really bad. It turned out he has a pneumonia and throat infection. He is really sick. So the doctor gave him a bunch of meds, vitamin short and an into inflamatory shot... he is already feeling lots better. he was eating like crazy yesterday.
    And when the little ones are feeling better, I'm feeling better.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• EFT or emotional freedom technique is tapping done on the acupressure meridians. It's free to do yourself and pretty quick. Here's a video :
      http://eft.mercola.com
      It's worth a try!
      K

Comment

• ^^Thanks for the link! I'll check it out once I get home.

So my cat is feeling tons better, which makes me a very happy crazy cat lady...it is a terrible struggle to get his meds into him but we push through. even though it results in me having scratches all over my hands.

Yesterday, I made a misstep and had a nice large piece of hazelnut cream cake. I had been graving cake for a while now and just gave in...
        Besides the occasional misstep into sugary things. I'm managing my food pretty well.
        I need to find a way to eat more for breakfast because during the morning I'm constantly week with hunger. 2 eggs, a bit of ham and a tbsp of cheese just isn't enough. I need to find something more filling.

Yesterday I had sowing class again. I hate to admit it but Mark is right to say that you need more social contacts. Just me and man isn't enought. It's great fun to hang out with people who have the same interests as you. I'm already looking forward to the festival season as I know I'll be seeing most of my new friends there as well.
        My story, My thought....

Comment

• I'm finally starting to get my body relaxed again. There are still moments of feeling utterly stressed out and I really don't enjoy my work but it's getting better. This weekend I have a lazy weekend ahead of me. or at least I hope it's going to be a stress free weekend.
          Plans are to go to the fresh market to buy fish and veggies. And we need to stop by at the butcher to get some meat.
          I'm also going to see if I can finally order grass-fed meat online and maybe a cheaper supplier of nuts and dried fruits.

I'm also going to make work of finding other work. I'm totally fed up here.

Yesterday I did weight training. I feel like a complete looser as I didn't do all that much but am still sore!!
          I only did:
          3x10 wall push ups
          4x10 squats
          2x 20sec hand-knee plank
          2x10 20l sandbag lifting.

Would you believe that my arms and legs are feeling like lead!!! I would have expected that by now I could do a bit more than this.
          My story, My thought....

Comment

• Marielle,
            If am is when you're most hungry, have your heavier meal then. I love having meat & veggies for breakfast
            Sounds like you're doing a great job in the stress department.
            K
            Ps glad to hear the kitty's better

Comment

• I'm starting to realize that buying fresh fish at the market is cheaper than buying meat. Salmon and Tuna are still very expensive but there are a lot of cheaper options.
              I'm no fan of seafood but I need to get over it… Fish is good for me!!!

We bought quite a bit of fish and vegetables. we were even able to score some berries.

I did eat bread to today… bummer… We went out for lunch and the lunchroom we stopped at had only bread options and I really needed to eat something as I skipped breakfast to get to the market on time...
              My story, My thought....

Comment

• Meatza is in the oven… not 45 minutes waiting for dinner… why o who do I wait to prepare food until I'm hungry….
                My story, My thought....

Comment

• For the first time since going primal I find myself having difficulties with sticking to it.
                  It's not that I'm binging on non-primal foods but I find them sneaking back into my eating. Like yesterday we had free lunch at work (we have that 2x a year) of course it were all sandwiches, well ever the cheap one I decided to skip my primal lunch and take the free one. This weekend we were out shopping and for lunch I find myself ordering a grilled ham sandwich. (didn't eat the whole bread though) and yesterday with the tennis I took a bit of a energy bar....... and of course with the winter, hot chocolate is also finding its way back into my cup....
                  I have no idea how to deal with it at the moment. I don't want to eat it but salad for lunch every day gets so boring and drinking only tea and water doesn't make me very happy either.
                  I really need to start thinking of other food to eat.
                  My story, My thought....

Comment

• Hi,
                    Try making some coconut muffins (blueberry, raspberry or banana are great) or some frittatas for lunch. Really fast to make, you can make them on Sunday and they will stay good for 3 or 4 days or freeze them. With frittatas it is really just mixing some eggs, some veggies (spinach or bell pepper) and some meat or a can of tuna or salmon, pepper and sat, put in muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes at 190 centigrade. You can add cheese as well or anything that takes your fancy.

Comment

• These are great ideas^^
                      I know I should be a little bit more creative, I guess I'm just too lazy. A salad is always easy to make.

Yesterday we have a sales man at the door with a good idea! (imagine my surprise)... this guy was from Hello Fresh... they deliver your groceries at home for a week full of meals with recipes. Everything they bring is organic and comes straight the farmers. So you eat what is in season (most of the time) and the only down side it that they do have pasta dishes and a lot of carbs in it. but if we keep the carbs seperated from the meat and veggies I'll be alright.

One thing is bothering me greatly. It seems that my boyfriend is loosing weight, not even eating fully primal (only his dinner is primal) where I am not!!! I know he exercises more as me as he rides his bike to work every day (40 minutes biking) but it's hard to imagine that that's the only reason why he is loosing weight and I'm not!!! Especially because he has been doing that for the last 8 years and had a constant weight...
                      My story, My thought....

Comment

• I'm feeling terribly sorry for myself at the moment… can I have a moment to whine…
                        I went to the dentist and have a cavity fixed, my mouth is hurting like crazy now…

even worse, next week he is going to pull one of my wisdom molars… poor me….

Seriously my head is hurting from the dentist visit..

Oh yeah, I'm hungry. I don't know why because I did eat dinner. Maybe it was the rice I had. It feels like it just disappeared from my stomach.
                        My story, My thought....

Comment

• Sleep is such a wonderful thing... You go to bed in pain and you wake up pain free!!
                          It's brilliant!
                          My story, My thought....

Comment

• Yesterday was the first good day I had in a few weeks. It seems that my body is back to being into tune with primal eating.
                            The scale seemed to notice this as well as it was telling me I had lost 2 pound more. So that's not 4 whole pound down!!
                            It doesn't seem like much but for somebody who has weight the same weight for 18 years it's a huge victory to see the scale move down. Even if it's a little bit.

I'm upscaling my weight training, I found that cat litter bags are very good weight training materials so I can do a bit more. I'm still trying to figure out how and where to do pull ups but I'm thinking it should wait until the summer. We are building a patio outside, I'm thinking about integrating a strong enough bar to handle pull ups.
                            My story, My thought....

Comment

• Delurking to say well done
                              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanks^^^^

The olympics have started, great events like these are always a great motivator to get me work out a bit more.
                                I always wonder how much pain these athletes are feeling on a daily basis. I wonder if my little aches are felt by others as well. I guess they do but days like this day makes me feel very sad and lonely. It always seems that physically fit people don't have these pains and I wonder why I can't be fit enough not to feel pains.

Today I'm just not motivated, I have no energy to do anything. I did finish the first sowing of the skirt I am making and got groceries but that was it. I spend the rest of the day on the sofa watching our Dutchies winning 3 medals… Me not having the energy is mainly related to the aches I am feeling. My heart rhythm had a few issues this morning and my teeth are still hurting. I just wish they would make up their mind which side hurts most so that the dentist can fix it.

I have been looking into the natural way of healing my teeth. It seems that not eating carbs and healing my gut is the way to go but why then did my dental issues start when I started to eat primal. (or at least it got a little worse).
                                Do I really need to go deeper into eating primal to reach overall wellness? I though I was doing so well already.

So food for today:
                                B: 2 eggs and 125grams of Mozzarella
                                L: patties with cucumber and cheese.
                                D: pork meat and grilled cauliflower. Desert were mixed nuts with chocolate and coconut rasp.

Snacks: dark chocolate and dried banana.

Exercise: not much… did carry a few heavy bags to the car
                                My story, My thought....

Comment

Working...
                                X