No announcement yet.

What did you Peat today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has somebody here tried Peats recommendation on aspirin for a longer period?
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
      Has somebody here tried Peats recommendation on aspirin for a longer period?
      I take aspirin daily now.... Not much just the 1 uncoated in the morn with coffee and sometimes with juice after working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Has somebody here tried Peats recommendation on aspirin for a longer period?
        errr am avoiding aspirin even in its natural form (salicylate) but I know a lot of take it as anti inflammatory

Comment

• I think that Peat recommends 2,5 gram of aspirin per day, so I wonder if my stomach would get into trouble by doing that much over a longer period? Lately I have been experimenting by taking a gram of powdered aspirin before workout, and it appears that I get more energy by doing that. Also recuperation seems to improve...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I think that Peat recommends 2,5 gram of aspirin per day, so I wonder if my stomach would get into trouble by doing that much over a longer period? Lately I have been experimenting by taking a gram of powdered aspirin before workout, and it appears that I get more energy by doing that. Also recuperation seems to improve...
            I always try to take it with food, even if it is just a bit of coconut milk or milk.

------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I think Derp takes aspirin on a regular basis? I am thinking of incorporating it for overall inflammation reduction. I can't see how it would hurt, except as a potential aggravation during my period (increased flow).
              Depression Lies

Comment

I think that Peat recommends 2,5 gram of aspirin per day, so I wonder if my stomach would get into trouble by doing that much over a longer period? Lately I have been experimenting by taking a gram of powdered aspirin before workout, and it appears that I get more energy by doing that. Also recuperation seems to improve...
                My honest opinion is do not take aspirin, it may cause kidney damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                  I always try to take it with food, even if it is just a bit of coconut milk or milk.
                  Yes, I eat a piece of fresh low fat cheese before training, so that’s probably the time to take it...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• I take aspirin post workout almost daily. It's also a great exfoliant, dissolved in a bit of water and mixed with honey.

Comment

• What did you Peat today?

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                      I take aspirin post workout almost daily. It's also a great exfoliant, dissolved in a bit of water and mixed with honey.
                      Mhm! Poor man's acid peel. I do it too.

------

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        I think Derp takes aspirin on a regular basis? I am thinking of incorporating it for overall inflammation reduction. I can't see how it would hurt, except as a potential aggravation during my period (increased flow).
                        Vit K + aspirin will downplay that effect...

------

Comment

• Please do google Aspirin and kidney damage, its not a joke, the advise of taking an aspirin a day is very very old and now proven wrong... I know from personal experience a relative took an aspirin a day and damaged both his kidneys. Am not saying this to scare you off, do the research yourself and decide if its worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                            I take aspirin post workout almost daily. It's also a great exfoliant, dissolved in a bit of water and mixed with honey.
                            I have tried to take the aspirin together with two different pre-workout “brews”; One cup of hot Coke, with honey, dark syrup and nescafe and lately also a hot drink made on the following formula; 2 teaspoon of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of nescafe, 1,5 cl rum, glucose syrup with b-vitamins and hot tabasco sauce. Those two brews seem to work synergistically with the aspirin for some reason, and especially the latter get me wired up when training hard…

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• What did you Peat today?

Aspirin & caffeine work synergistically. See classic ECA stack.

------

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                                Aspirin & caffeine work synergistically. See classic ECA stack.

That's how I do it. Everything works synergistically for me when taken with caffeine

Comment

Working...
                                X