What did you Peat today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
    Yeah, I haven't eaten a veggie in weeks. Maybe a carrot or two, of course trots and tubers and some veggie fruits (tomato, sweet pickle) but no salads, no leafy greens. I did have a few leaves of romaine and celery in a fruit smoothie and that was fine, but not even my idea. Don't miss veggies at all!

Seriously I can't believe I used to shovel all that plain salad and brussel sprouts down my mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      I have a confession... I still eat a tbsp of natural Jif here and there. Nothing like 3lbs of pb in a month like I used to though.
      How could you!?!?!??!

Comment

• Originally posted by max219 View Post
        How could you!?!?!??!
        ;(

Am I kicked off the cool kids' table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
          Em, do you mean stick with the autoimmune protocol or the Peat additions?
          Peat definitely, I think the most important thing to reintroduce is sugar; in the form of fruits if you can handle it but if not the pure white stuff could be what you need. Peat talks about using pure sucrose 'in an emergency' if you are allergic to unprocessed forms of sugar as the most important thing is increasing cellular metabolism.
          My Journal

Comment

• Seriously I can't believe I used to shovel all that plain salad and brussel sprouts down my mouth.
            i was fossicking around the fridge last week and i saw a bag with green ball-like things in it. i thought woohoo!!!!!!! grapes until i realised it was brussel sprouts LOL trying to lower the amount of milk in my coffee and add molasses. i trained myself for years to not have sugar in my coffee by adding cream and this has only been in the last 5 or so years. maybe more. so this is the reverse. i am still sure my hair is getting less greys at the sides so i need to continue the molasses experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
              Peat definitely, I think the most important thing to reintroduce is sugar; in the form of fruits if you can handle it but if not the pure white stuff could be what you need. Peat talks about using pure sucrose 'in an emergency' if you are allergic to unprocessed forms of sugar as the most important thing is increasing cellular metabolism.
              I'm increasing my fruit; today I had apples cooked (didn't feel like having it raw) cooked in coconut oil with dates and cinnamon, also had OJ and grapes. For me that is a lot more fruit than I normally have. In a couple of days I'm going to reintroduce sugar. I've never been that into fruit or sweets so it's kind of funny that that's what I need to ramp up my metabolism.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• I'm not Peat enough to kick you off, you might have to check with the others

Comment

I'm increasing my fruit; today I had apples cooked (didn't feel like having it raw) cooked in coconut oil with dates and cinnamon, also had OJ and grapes. For me that is a lot more fruit than I normally have. In a couple of days I'm going to reintroduce sugar. I've never been that into fruit or sweets so it's kind of funny that that's what I need to ramp up my metabolism.
                  Apples are easier on the digestion if they're cooked anyway. Everything else looks good. I'll be very interested to see how things go for you making the transition.
                  My Journal

Comment

That looks good already
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement Em and Derp.
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                        I have a confession... I still eat a tbsp of natural Jif here and there. Nothing like 3lbs of pb in a month like I used to though.

Just one tbsp? Pfft. I still eat PB when I want it. Not often, but nothing is off limits forever if I really like it. I buy PB & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful and Skippy Natural w/ palm oil in it. PB + gelatin marshmallow fluff? hehe
                        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

• What did you Peat today?

I just like pb by itself... Old habits die hard. I was poor in college and ate many meals of oatmeal cooked in water mixed with pb.

My favorite "healthy meal" was milk + whole wheat bread + pb.

------
                          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Had veggies sautéed in coconut oil for the first time in a week or so because there was some broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts in the fridge I really need to finish off. I felt TERRIBLE afterwards. Tmi- so much flatulence, it was awful. I used to eat a giant ass plate of cooked veggies every single night and then would wonder why I felt so bloated. The anti-veggies thing was what turned me off peat a bit at first but now I think I get it...But I still have more veggies to finish off

Comment

• I made the Lemon Gummy Squares, it turned out pretty good. I didn't have quite enough lemon so it's a little plain, but still tasty. It was the first sugar for me in over a month.

Comment

• Alright, alright. So the full-fat dairy - as predicted - might be too much! But only slightly. At worst, the added calories have skewed my ratios, and my appetite for protein has been reduced. Ate a small bucket of yogurt when I got home. Tonight, when I woke up, I only had 6 eggs, two potatoes, three carrots, and an onion, and a little cheese, like three bites. And 1/2 cup of blueberries. Washed it down with kombucha.

I can't be sure at this point whether it's genuinely still muscle glycogen replenishment or swelling or actual growth, but I am gaining size, and not badly. Probably the adequate protein with excess carb and fat combo.

So, thank peat for the extra sugar in my yogurt! And I'll probably look at reducing the fat somewhere in the near future, if my " gaining" turns into " gaining".
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X