Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you Peat today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yogurt was on sale at Grocery Outlet and for the past five days I've had 1/2 gallon of Greek Gods Honey Vanilla yogurt when I get home from work after I hit the weights. Yeah, it was full-fat. and two quarts of raw cream that was 1/2 price because it was about to expire. So I guess I'm not terribly peaty. I also eat meat, eggs and veggies before work. I've lost weight but not strength and feel fine. So, hey, dairy.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      Yogurt was on sale at Grocery Outlet and for the past five days I've had 1/2 gallon of Greek Gods Honey Vanilla yogurt when I get home from work after I hit the weights. Yeah, it was full-fat. and two quarts of raw cream that was 1/2 price because it was about to expire. So I guess I'm not terribly peaty. I also eat meat, eggs and veggies before work. I've lost weight but not strength and feel fine. So, hey, dairy.
      Not peaty at all. One it is fermented and two it is full fat. Three you are eating more veggies than fruit.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

      My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


      Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

      " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

      Comment


      • Ah-ha. Thanks.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

        Comment


        • But that Greek gods honey yogurt has a shit ton of sugar in it right? So good for you Knifegill, I can just see your muscle tissue screaming out in joy for a dose of the real stuff.

          Comment


          • Lol, yes, shit-ton of sugar. Like 120 grams! Most I've eaten on a regular basis in a super long time!
            Crohn's, doing SCD

            Comment


            • I am scared knife will get fat while supposedly eating peat when he isn't and then say peat made him fat.

              But on the otherhand... I am glad he is trying something new.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

              My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


              Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

              " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

              Comment


              • If I were gaining, I'd stop. Like I did with the bananathon. And I apologize for all the poopslinging. If I get fat, I did it to myself.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

                Comment


                • What did you Peat today?

                  He might get fat because of the fat (2 pints of cream wha?!) but the carbs may fuel enough activity to counter it. And knifes got lotsa muscles already.

                  Don't get fat knife. And if you do, it's all on you.

                  Edit: cross post

                  Thanks for saying that Knifegill.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    If I were gaining, I'd stop. Like I did with the bananathon. And I apologize for all the poopslinging. If I get fat, I did it to myself.
                    Quoting for proof. Lolz.

                    Comment


                    • My peat-ventures are not very low fat. I don't track macros so no idea what my intake is like. I'm not worried about gaining at this point, but it's definitely in the back of my mind if anything changes.
                      Depression Lies

                      Comment


                      • Screenshot it moluv! Lol


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

                        My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


                        Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

                        " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

                        Comment


                        • I'm not 100% Peat either, and I eat yogurt and vegetables too. I don't know if I believe that yogurt is bad for you. I would require more evidence.

                          Knifegill- good for you for experimenting.

                          Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

                          My journal

                          Comment


                          • I am considering increasing Peat additions to my diet; I already have bone broth daily and have added gelatin (about 2-3 T daily) and started drinking some OJ, about 12 oz, at the most. For the past month I've been on the autoimmune protocol in attempt to deal with my Hashimoto's and chronic allergies. Allergies are slightly better, but I see no improvement in the Hash's; my temperature was 96.7 yesterday and I have no energy to work out. I'm on thyroid meds and progesterone and the doctor is monitoring my hormones.

                            Since I am about to reintroduce foods I eliminated during the protocol which do you think would be the most beneficial to add?
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              I am considering increasing Peat additions to my diet; I already have bone broth daily and have added gelatin (about 2-3 T daily) and started drinking some OJ, about 12 oz, at the most. For the past month I've been on the autoimmune protocol in attempt to deal with my Hashimoto's and chronic allergies. Allergies are slightly better, but I see no improvement in the Hash's; my temperature was 96.7 yesterday and I have no energy to work out. I'm on thyroid meds and progesterone and the doctor is monitoring my hormones.

                              Since I am about to reintroduce foods I eliminated during the protocol which do you think would be the most beneficial to add?
                              Have you introd egg yolk?

                              I'm sorry I can't quite recall exactly what your ai protocol looked like.

                              Comment


                              • Thanks, Moluv, I thought egg yolk might be a good one to start with.

                                AI protocol is basic paleo and no eggs, nuts, dairy, coffee/tea, alcohol, sweeteners or nightshades.
                                Last edited by Urban Forager; 10-25-2013, 10:54 AM.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X