No announcement yet.

What did you Peat today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weather has turned bringing with it our familiar rain. I have an oxtail soup bubbling away on the stove!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leaflard View Post
      The weather has turned bringing with it our familiar rain. I have an oxtail soup bubbling away on the stove!
      I figured you were in the PNW with that post. I am in Portland.

I have a lovely beef stew in the crock pot with two Acorn squash on top absorbing the lovliness.

Oh..lots of cottage cheese and a can of smoked oysters. I also ate a carrot for Peat's sake. See what I did there?

Stew before cooking.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Heh. Good call. I'm just up the road in Tacoma, WA. :-)

Comment

Heh. Good call. I'm just up the road in Tacoma, WA. :-)
          Yeah..I peeked at your profile after that post. :0)

Comment

• Haha! The plot thickens. ;-)

Also, your stew sounds fabulous. Squashes are so tasty. I think the next soup I make will be curried kabocha with coconut milk and lots of gelatin.

Comment

• It smells great. I love that you cook the squash on top of the stew. Then you scoop the stew on top of the squash.

I love oxtail soup. Putting it on my list.

Comment

• Warm milk with honey and cinnamon is awesome on a stormy night.

Comment

• i do warm milk with honey and ginger. i had the remains of the gamey stag hock today for dinner. the gravy gelled when it was cold so i put it in a pot, cut in some sheep kidneys and gave the rest to the dog. threw in maybe a tbsp of gelatin and heated it all up. i ate it with a baked potato and i had a can ( eek! ) of crushed pineapple in juice for dessert which i cooked into pinapple custard with some potato starch and a bit of sugar and a knob of butter. i am too full to drink any coffee!

been a latte day otherwise as the kids are all off school for the hols. so i've walked 12ks and biked another 6 or so. and i dont feel tired either.

Comment

I'm just up the road in Tacoma, WA. :-)
                    You've got to be kidding... Two Peatards living in Tacoma? You don't see that every day...
                    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
                      You've got to be kidding... Two Peatards living in Tacoma? You don't see that every day...
                      I'm a little further up the road in North Seattle

Comment

• Originally posted by jodi29 View Post
                        Nice! I have family in North Seattle. I will probably move there in the relatively near future.

Off to start my day with a huge glass of OJ, cranberry juice, and sugar. Can't believe I used to eat pork chops for breakfast...
                        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Off to start my day with a huge glass of OJ, cranberry juice, and sugar. Can't believe I used to eat pork chops for breakfast...
                          Me too I shudder to think. So glad that's all behind me now

Comment

Forget Portland..."Keep Tacoma Weird!"

Comment

• Originally posted by jodi29 View Post
                              Nice! I go to school in Edmonds. :-)

Comment

• Hmmm, I guess it's not all that Peat. The Fage yogurts are for my bf. The big thing of plain yogurt is for me though, and, yeah, I know yogurt is not Peat. But it's my favorite dairy item (besides cream cheese, lol). The giant brown thing is a butternut squash. That's a fruit, right, right? Broccoli--definitely not Peat (flog me). The meat is ground beef. I made stuffed butternut squash, and it was sooooo good! Oh, and I also got coconut meringue cookies (egg whites, sugar, and coconut--probably okay).

What brand of cottage cheese do you guys get? I've been eating Friendship because it has the fewest additives, but I doubt that it's organic or rBGH free. It's also really expensive. The Whole Foods brand actually contains a lot of different gums. Penn Maid, which is definitely the cheapest, contains so much crap that it's practically inedible. So what brand do you guys eat?

My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X