What did you Peat today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
    Hey Yoga, which dates do you buy? I have some from ASDA but they are very dry and bland. Are you familiar with the much talked about sticky dates? I'd like to eat more but these dry things are gross.
    I've started shopping in Lidl dude - have you got one near you? The cottage cheese is the BEST and all their dried fruit is pretty good

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    i am totally crap at american liquid measurements.
    Me too... when I read "a gallon" I think "a truck".

Where are you based Seaweed?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• NZ and gallons are totally beyond me. i may have a memory of 16 pints in a gallon or is it 8? and cant you have different types of gallons too?

Comment

• Today I had:

The usual bunch of coffee w milk and sugar
        Hot chocolate w milk and sugar
        2 sugary bananas
        1/2 can of oysters
        1 cup low fat cottage cheese
        2 oranges
        300g white grapes (though I'm kind of wary of grapes, because of pesticides and such)
        1 egg + some fresh mozzarella
        Lots of salt

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          i am totally crap at american liquid measurements. i know a pint is 600ml and i can think in pints. my cups are mugs, not dainty little lady-like bone china cups. how much is half a gallon?
          1750 ml
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• so a gallon is then 3.5 litres. so maybe we can drink the same amount of coffee a day =)

Comment

• we can have a competition
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Today was a school day and I leave the house really early, so early daytime food has to be portable.

To go:

2C OJ + 2T gelatin + real salt + carbonated water qs'd to a quart.
                Coffee milk w/gelatin and cinnamon
                1oz Beef jerky
                Banana

At home:

Cheesy scrambled eggs with taco sauce in corn tortillas

Cottage cheese
                Tropical fruit mix from TJs (papaya/mango/pineapple)

Comment

• we can have a competition
                  2 funny.

Comment

• So much fruit today.

2 bananas
                    1 orange
                    3 apples
                    1 whole pineapple
                    2.5 pounds of black grapes
                    2 cups of OJ
                    plus
                    1 cup of 1% milk
                    Around 50+ mussels
                    1 oz of sheep cheese
                    6 oz of tuna
                    Coffee with sugar, gelatin, 1% milk, and cinnamon
                    2 carrots and .5 tbsp coconut oil (carrot salad)

Comment

• My mug holds 400mls and I drink probably 4 of those a day, 5 or 6 if I'm not working, so yeah several litres of coffee is my perfect day. Each one has 350ml milk, 2 shots of espresso, 2T honey and 2T gelatin.
                      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                        My mug holds 400mls and I drink probably 4 of those a day, 5 or 6 if I'm not working, so yeah several litres of coffee is my perfect day. Each one has 350ml milk, 2 shots of espresso, 2T honey and 2T gelatin.
                        Do you have trouble sleeping with that much? I'd love to drink more but for some reason I'd feel I'd have trouble sleeping at night if I do.

Comment

• i prob drink that much. maybe not with that much milk as i would get thru maybe half a litre of milk a day, if that. i can have a cup of coffee on my way to bed and still sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by max219 View Post
                            Do you have trouble sleeping with that much? I'd love to drink more but for some reason I'd feel I'd have trouble sleeping at night if I do.
                            I usually have my last cup around 3pm and I don't have any trouble sleeping at all. My partner says it takes me 30 seconds from lights out to twitching (apparently I twitch when I first fall asleep ). He hates me.
                            My Journal

Comment

• OJ (not mixing anything in ATM)

Sm bottled coffeemilk

"Monkey milk"- blend one banana and a few dates with milk in the blender, made this at 10am and it took me till 3 to finish it and it was a pint size mason jar :/

Coffeeshop drink called "O-dream" which is organic vanilla syrup, a San Pellegrino Orangeata soda with a splash of cream. So yum.

More OJ

**yoga class**

Plum

Chocolate milk

I wasn't very hungry for food today I think because I had rice cooked in bone broth with a little butter last night and I was still full from that (somehow?)

Comment

• New breakfast concoction today...

Sliced up 2 medium sized apples and tossed them in a pan with a ~1/4 c of water and some cinnamon - once the water was boiling I stirred in a packet of gelatin. Let it cool a bit and added 1/2 tbsp butter. Sprinkled on ~tsp of brown sugar. Ate it with 3 oz part skim mozzarella. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                                X