Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynelle135
    Rich,
    You're very late to the party and stirring the pot again for no reason that I can discern other than maybe you have nothing better to do.
    Yup. Not a single better thing in the world. Lucky you.

*Sigh* Nobody's arguing with the "entire internet" so please spare me the ridiculous exaggeration. I was arguing with a handful of people on MDA whose suggestions I don't agree with.
    You were actually lambasting them for trying to be helpful and being extremely angry that their suggestions weren't what you wanted to hear. That's what people took umbrage to, in case you were wondering.

And where is it written that primal = nice and passive and a girl can't stand up for herself in the face of stupidity?
    Where is it written that being bitchy and rude to people who mean to help you will make you any friends? And their suggestions weren't stupid, your refusal to listen to them was.

Hmmm... Plan B looks good actually. You come up with that one on your own?! Wow. Impressive.
    Your call. Hope you enjoy it.

167.2 this morning. A new low. Strictly adhering to the Candida Cure plan.
    Well, I hope you continue to lose pounds despite your terrible attitude
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Congrats on the new low!
      Height: 5' 10"
      Starting Weight: 292
      Starting Primal Weight: 275
      Current weight: 224
      Goal weight: 172
      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

Spent Saturday kayaking on the Mississippi so missed a few updates.

Saturday - 168.0
        Sunday - 167.6
        Today - 166.4

Still headed in the right direction.

Comment

Oh, Rich. You delusional idiot. You actually think that you can make "friends" on a forum located in cyberspace. I do not believe or accept that type of friendship. Can you share information here - yes. But build real, lasting friendships - no. To believe that people you chat with on a computer screen are friends is a sad fallacy. I recommend you get out more...maybe interact with human beings for a change so that you don't rely on an internet forum to fill your friendship void.
          That's an interesting diatribe that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said.

The only suggestion (provided you actually read my previous posts) that I lambasted was the dogged insistence on fruit. When one's weight is stuck on the same number, as mine has been...it isn't a simple matter of calories in or calories out. It's probably something hormonal or digestion related. In my case, I suspect candida. It needs to be eliminated before the scale will start budging. Ingesting fruit would only feed the candida and further continue to stall me. If you're not familiar with candida, Mark had a link to some info about it last weekend. I tried to be tolerant at first but the poster just wouldn't let up so I blasted him. You probably won't let up either and that's fine. Quibble away. I'm not going anywhere.
          Saying you need to avoid fruit because you identify as "African-American" is an entirely different claim than saying you are trying to kill off Candida by depriving it of sugars. You do realize this? Are you going to "blast" me now?

And you can call me bitchy all you want. It's the only word an unoriginal man like yourself can come up with to describe a woman who doesn't take any nonsense and is focused on the task at hand.
          [/QUOTE]

No, it's the nicer word I chose as a substitute for the one I really think describes you. But I'll tell you about that when I See You Next Tuesday.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Rich, You did bring up "friendship". See your above quote.
            You do realize there's a difference between the expression "not a good way to make friends" and claiming that true friendships are built on an internet forum, right? Are you really that dense, or just being intellectually disingenuous?
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

And see me next Tuesday? Is that a threat of some kind? Come -- if you dare. You're just some washed up, frumpy, middle-aged guy thats starving for attention on the internet because those of us in the real world have ceased to notice that you even exist. Am I close? Am I hitting close to the mark?
              It's See YOU next Tuesday. Not a threat. Think about it. Really, really hard.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

The fucking fuck fuck. What the fuck is happening here?

And how the hell is that a threat? Would it be a threat if I said that you Can't Understand Normal Things?

Comment

Especially those avocados. Pretending to be a vegetable...sneaking in fat instead of sugar...

Comment

And we have yet another tool making an appearance in my journal. Hey Castle, I think you know what you can do with your avocados, you butt-muncher.
                    Been called far worse than a tool before, babe. You're gonna have to try harder then that.

Comment

Lynelle,

I'm not going to jump in the fray, lol! I want to actually comment in a positive way on your first(ish) thought to give up fruit. I did the same thing.

The truth is, fruit hurts me. It hurts my mouth instantly, and then it creates an insulin spike and turns to pounds UP on the scale. I don't eat it, none of it. Maybe one day when I'm at my goal weight/size I will let myself have a banana or whatever, but you don't NEED fruit and there has been many a case made for a 'zero carb' diet (zero carb is in quotes because there are carbs in veggies, so it isn't absolutely ZERO - disclaimer so I don't get all JUMPED for this comment)

You are very right, that people have to find their own solution. My system (MINE) is such that I eat meat and a few veggies, or I'm gaining weight and back to being miserable.

I'm VERY glad you have lost some pounds recently, and that whatever you are doing is WORKING for you.
                      I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Comment

And we have yet another tool making an appearance in my journal. Hey Castle, I think you know what you can do with your avocados, you butt-muncher.

Hey Rich, you're the c*nt. You're such a c*nt that you hide behind euphemisms instead of manning up and saying what you mean. I didn't get the reference right away. I don't hang out in grade school boys' locker rooms to hear such drivel but clearly you do. Alot. Keep comin' bro...I know my last post hit close to the bullseye. You didn't even bother to dispute any of it -- life passing you by, living in your mom's basement, being frumpy...and oh yeah, being a balless shell of a man who calls women bitches and c*nts on the internet because you lack a firm grasp on the English language.

No answer for my movie reference from either of you? Well a normal person would know that I'm referring to The Untouchables.

Scale said 166.2 this morning. New low. Haters gonna' hate.
                        You got my number, bro. Actually, I live in a porta-potty outside my mom's mobile home. And frumpy is hardly enough to describe me. I play Magic the Gathering all day with my other fat, long-haired, black jeans-wearing friends while we talk about the time we got "high" even though what we smoked was just a bag of dried oregano some dude at the train station sold us.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          I play Magic the Gathering all day with my other fat, long-haired, black jeans-wearing friends while we talk about the time we got "high" even though what we smoked was just a bag of dried oregano some dude at the train station sold us.
                          I think I'm in love.
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Lynelle, giving up fruit is one of the hardest things to do in my experience. I have tried that and ended up deeply depressed after 40 days off fruit. Nowadays, I am trying to implement a woe when I do not eat fruit 3x a week, and only eat berries and low sugar fruit (grapefruit, sour apples, stone fruit) 2x a week, and have 2 days of eating as much fruit as I wish. I am trying to find a compromise between achieving very slow weight loss and body recomp, and not being miserable. Making jellos with stevia and lime/lemon juice on the non-fruit days does help. Using cranberries and rhubarb half-and-half with other berries in smoothies helps as well.

Well, my 2c. Good luck!
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I also called you a butt-muncher. I guess you're fine with that then...hmm? If you're going to visit here, you'll need to up your reading comprehension skills. Maybe stay late after school some days to work on it? You're right about one thing, though...I am a babe.
                              Ya caught me, Lynelle. I eat a lot of rump roast. And ham. It's a problem.

And I haven't seen any pictures of you, so I don't know if you're a babe or not. But it's not an attractive quality to be obsessing about your weight, FYI. Men don't work like that -- I don''t know any guys who look at a women and think, "Hmm, I wonder how much she weighs. If she's more than 169, I ain't touching her." It usually goes more like, "Boobs. Want."

Combine the n-word with the c-word.
                              Nunt?

Comment

Oh, land-o-Goshen, these forum posts get so FRAUGHT with drama! Seems there are people absolutely COMBING the boards, trying to come up with a big helping of contrarywise.

Spaceballs_comb.jpg
                                Last edited by Casey; 09-12-2013, 05:02 PM. Reason: because word fail
                                I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Comment

Working...
                                X