My Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Experience

I am a 39 yr old man from upstate NY. I decided to make a change after balooning up to 230 and developing the bad habit of drinking beer 6 nights a week. The lowest I have been in my adult life was 189 in 2007 thanks to bike racing(road,cx and mountain). I was in fantastic cycling shape but felt weak strength wise,especially on the job(fire). Two kids later and little cycling here comes the fat and lots of it! Its time to dump the moobs and lovies and get fit! All comments and help welcome and appreciated!

Day 1 cake walk
    Day 2 easy eating but irritable and tired
    Day 3(today). Very tired and hungry.

Please tell me it gets easier!

It gets easier. What are you eating? Don't starve yourself.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

1-3 eggs and an apple (normally veggies
      2- handful almonds and apple
      3- big ass salad with chicken
      4- almonds and fresh broccoli
      5- chuck roast and green beans

Comment

Unless you're talking nearly a pound of chicken and chuck roast, I'd be hungry a lot on that too. Also, I wouldn't go too crazy with the almonds, but that's a personal choice. I think animal sources of fat/protein are better.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Snack ideas?

Comment

I'm not a snacker. I eat big meals that keep me satiated until the next one. If you need snacks in the meantime though, I'd say hard-boiled eggs are a great choice.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Thanks rich!

Comment

5 days in and hanging in there! I have been suffering a bit from what i believe is the carb flu(headaches,anxious). Family party at the lake today and its tough. I did bring some snacks and such so not too bad. My clothes are looser and I can't wait to get on the scale in a few days. I'm changing thats the main goal!

Comment

Nice. make sure you get enough salt.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Explain that please!

Comment

Some of your "carb flu" symptoms may be (partially) from a lack of salt, which is often a byproduct of a lower-carb lower-processed food diet. Salt isn't the bad guy we've been told all along. Make sure you get plenty of it.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Scale went from 230.6 to 224.6 in a week. I am elated! The family wanted Wendys for lunch today after a grueling 5 mile hike and I had brought enough food to hold me til I got home. Tonight my extended family invited us to Chilis for dinner. I stuck to my guns fajita trio(steak,chick,shrimp) no tortilla and a side salad(hold the croutons). Actually my wife ate them😎
                        I feel better and dumped the omeprezole. Coffee still gives me heartburn but i deal with it.
                        Last edited by Jittery jay; 08-25-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jittery jay View Post
                          Scale went from 230.6 to 224.6 in a week. I am elated! The family wanted Wendys for lunch today after a grueling 5 mile hike and I had brought enough food to hold me til I got home. Tonight my extended family invited us to Chilis for dinner. I stuck to my guns fajita trio(steak,chick,shrimp) no tortilla and a side salad(hold the croutons). Actually my wife ate them��
                          I feel better and dumped the omeprezole. Coffee still gives me heartburn but i deal with it.
                          Sounds like you're gonna be one of those guys who gets to his goals in a matter of months. Nice work. Keep it up.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Thanks! I hope so.

Comment

230.6 to 224.6 in a week, very nice

Do you have support from friends and family? This reads like your are doing this on your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X