Moluv Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
    Is this true Diene? You must try it it'll make you feel amazing.
    Yeah... it's pretty crazy that three of us (and counting?) are undergoing a pretty rapid transformation... in all respects!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      Yeah... it's pretty crazy that three of us (and counting?) are undergoing a pretty rapid transformation... in all respects!
      Yes, Di! Hear, hear

Comment

• Nice tats, moluv. I have to figure out what to get first. I've always really liked Celtic knots. For a while, I thought that I'd just get a triquetta, but now that seems too boring. I want something more elaborate like what you and NW have. But the more complicated, the harder it is to figure out. It's a huge commitment so I don't want to screw it up! (Which is why I still don't have a tattoo--I've been trying not to screw it up for years now.)

Re: Peat. Okay, okay, geez! I get confused about Peat sometimes. I'm still not sure what "eating Peat" entails. Everyone seems to have their own interpretation. Every time I ask, it's like, oh, you can pretty much just eat whatever so long as it's low PUFA and high fruit, except that some fruits are not Peat. Um, okay, I try pretty hard to avoid PUFAs these days, and I've reincorporated cottage cheese into my diet. I eat lots of fruit (some are not Peat though, like peaches, which I love). Anyway, it's hard because I can't survive on just dairy and fruit.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
          Re: Peat. Okay, okay, geez! I get confused about Peat sometimes. I'm still not sure what "eating Peat" entails. Everyone seems to have their own interpretation. Every time I ask, it's like, oh, you can pretty much just eat whatever so long as it's low PUFA and high fruit, except that some fruits are not Peat. Um, okay, I try pretty hard to avoid PUFAs these days, and I've reincorporated cottage cheese into my diet. I eat lots of fruit (some are not Peat though, like peaches, which I love). Anyway, it's hard because I can't survive on just dairy and fruit.
          Basics: it's high carb, low fat, moderate protein. Sugars over starches, saturated fats over unsaturated. For protein you can actually eat as much meat as you like - Peat just suggests making it red meat and having it with gelatine (favouring gelatinous cuts or having a gelatine sauce). Yeah there's some fruits he suggests not eating, but most of us don't adhere to that... fruit is fruit, brah
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Fruit is fruit, brah

yeah yoB that's right. Except when it's sugar. I'm just eating, er, drinking, sweet things and am not hungry at all. And I'm just like really bubbly, ebullient. I slept last night like a rock. A baby rock. A dead baby rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
              yeah yoB that's right.
              Isn't "yob" an insult?!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                Isn't "yob" an insult?!
                Hahaha urban dictionary claims its a mild one, I had no idea that you were a naughty boy I've never heard that before. It's British.

Comment

• Today is the first day I can see an improvement in how my clothes are fitting and I have also come down 2-3 lbs on the scale but I can't remember for sure.

Happy to have something that is working for me that I also ENJOY doing. It's not hard to drink oj, my appetite is effortlessly less and my activity level is effortlessly more. My general disposition is a little sweeter too. And I smell good.

Comment

• Niiiiice!! Looking good!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• You are an inspiration moluv! Great work! I'm hoping to have the same results. Been following the high fat, low carb thing for about 3 months now and have started gaining weight so hopefully incorporating some Peaty goodness will turn things in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by jodi29 View Post
                        You are an inspiration moluv! Great work! I'm hoping to have the same results. Been following the high fat, low carb thing for about 3 months now and have started gaining weight so hopefully incorporating some Peaty goodness will turn things in the right direction.
                        Thank you Jodi and best wishes to you!

Comment

• Moluv Journal

So this little line between my ribs is new. And my belly button "donut" of fat appears to be shrinking.

For the past couple days I've had beverages only (milk, oj, coffee) until around 4 pm when the desire for solid food kicks in. Then I have a few pieces of fruit. Later I might nibble on some cheese or frozen or dried fruit for variety. Or have a "monkey milk" (banana, dates, cocoa, milk + sugar and gelatin in the blender). Dinner has been rice cooked in bone broth with chiccarones and cholula. I've had a raw egg yolk or a Mexican coke here and there. No muscle meat for a week solid and I feel more vibrant and in tune with my surroundings.

Workout wise I've added handstand press prep work to my kick ups routine. I'm using props and walls to stabilize and practice lifting slowly up, or one leg at a time. Also working from a pike position off my bed and working on raising and lowering my legs slowly. Lots of free form yoga flows, dancing and stretching as well as working with the foam roller.

Life wise: we've slowed the pace of our move to Santa Fe in order to recover from the stress of all the summer deaths this year. That buys me more time here to have an art show so I'm trying to get motivated on that. I already have enough projects started, they all sit unfinished :/ but it will come. It always does. What I need is a deadline.

Going to contact the dance studios and get into some classes now that we are staying here for a while. I'm afraid all the ballet classes only enroll at the semester, but I can probably get into a jazz or hip hop class.

Comment

• Pretty awesome. And almost exactly how i have been eating. Isnt it nice not have that empty but massive energy feeling all morning/afternoon? Usually i eat my biggest meal and any fat around 7-8pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                              Pretty awesome. And almost exactly how i have been eating. Isnt it nice not have that empty but massive energy feeling all morning/afternoon? Usually i eat my biggest meal and any fat around 7-8pm.
                              Yeah, I do not have time for fat during the day. That's to slow me down in the pm. Then I sleep like the aforementioned dead baby rock.

Comment

• This is a really good journal. I really approve of your eating plan. It's probably better than mine. I admire your adherence. This is clearly making a huge difference for you - you look great. And that's not one of those empty "you look great's." When I say "you look great" I mean I'd totally hit it.
                                Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                                X