Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diene View Post
    Niiiice---both the burger and you.

Hey, so if I want to improve my core strength with the goal of eventually being able to do handstands like you, which yoga poses or bodyweight exercises should I do?
    Awe shucks thanks Diene.

I am still working on my core strength- getting the hollow belly effect- but I realize now that a decade of several days a week of headstands have gotten me this far without even having to think about it. Now I am actively training my core with the squats and other full body heavy weights, and also doing as many hand and head stands as I can manage in a day---EVERYDAY. And planks and side planks. My friend that was a circus acrobat told me to lay on my back- feet with in steps together, toes pointed and breathe the ribcage together and down- pressing the back as flat on the floor as possible. And hold that to exhaustion over and over. Then raise the feet a few inches and do scissor kicks kind of- also with low back to floor- that pulls the muscle up and in toy the diaphragm and that is what lifts and controls you.

Comment

• So the ray peat forum is nice. 5 minutes into it I'm standing at the stove making homemade chocolate syrup. If I didn't like some of the people here so much I'd never come back- there are a few turds in the punchbowl lately making it super negative. I've never done it before but I'm considering employing the "ignore" function.

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
        So the ray peat forum is nice. 5 minutes into it I'm standing at the stove making homemade chocolate syrup. If I didn't like some of the people here so much I'd never come back- there are a few turds in the punchbowl lately making it super negative. I've never done it before but I'm considering employing the "ignore" function.
        Don't leave!! ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I totally feel you lady. After more than a year of posting, last week I suddenly started to find MDA repellent. I miss reading updates from you guys, but I'm definitely going to be around less.

On the upside: I cant get over how much extra time I have since I stopped checking in!!! Guess I've learnt what I needed to know about health, and now it's time to move my energies back to art
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
            Don't leave!! ;(

But mda doesn't have recipes for homemade chocolate syrup

Comment

• But you 2 and some other cool gals are the reason I love this forum...

------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                I totally feel you lady. After more than a year of posting, last week I suddenly started to find MDA repellent. I miss reading updates from you guys, but I'm definitely going to be around less.

On the upside: I cant get over how much extra time I have since I stopped checking in!!! Guess I've learnt what I needed to know about health, and now it's time to move my energies back to art
                Yep. All of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                  But you 2 and some other cool gals are the reason I love this forum...
                  <3

I'll still be around; it will just be more sporadic. Anyway, there's always Facebook
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Maybe Zach getting banned is making you and others want to leave the forum too haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by max219 View Post
                      Maybe Zach getting banned is making you and others want to leave the forum too haha.
                      Ha, I actually stopped posting for a week, and when I came back he'd been banned. Guess there's something in the ether...

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by max219 View Post
                        Maybe Zach getting banned is making you and others want to leave the forum too haha.
                        Nah. It's mostly the chocolate syrup.

Comment

Nah. It's mostly the chocolate syrup.
                          There's chocolate syrup in the ether??? I'm moving to Texas.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I will stay around long enough to see Max's "after" leg pics at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              There's chocolate syrup in the ether??? I'm moving to Texas.
                              Lol. Not quite. In my part of Texas the ether is full of a strange mix of meth, plutonium, cologne and broken dreams.

Comment

Lol. Not quite. In my part of Texas the ether is full of a strange mix of meth, plutonium, cologne and broken dreams.
                                That's poetic. In London it's mostly airplane fumes

Btw - Moluv: you have great thighs (no back thigh fat from what I remember): what's your secret? I just started a thread on it... the most coveted aspect of my recomp.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X