No announcement yet.

Moluv Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Choco said. Well, except for the "I'd totally hit it" part. But...well, you know....I got to have some decorum on this forum....sometimes

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      What Choco said. Well, except for the "I'd totally hit it" part.
      Nah, you'd totally hit it

Comment

• Molov - jumping in to say "hi". Which always feels awkward in the Journals; like you're busting into a dressing room full of giggling people.

I was really sorry to hear of your losses and wanted to send you best wishes. Everything you wrote hit some deeply truthful and parallel spots for me. It seemed that you'd disappeared from MDA and I assumed that something must be happening in your life. After reading what you wrote, it really reopened some stuff for me and I'm grateful for it. It's one thing to know intellectually that you've had excruciating loss; its entirely another to find an honest way to be open to it and take care of yourself. I realize now I'm flippant on this site because I have enough going on that I too came to MDA for the lol's....and the info.

Which is why I'm loving your food details––we think so similarly about foodstuffs. I too was really struggling w/ the muscle meat aspect of Primal. It's like my habit-driven-brain says do XYZ but my bod says WTF.

Best to you Molov. (It sounds like your hubby worked firelines or crew? And that is those 2 other losses, the husbands of friends? Hard, hard, very honorable work.)

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
          What Choco said. Well, except for the "I'd totally hit it" part. But...well, you know....I got to have some decorum on this forum....sometimes
          Yea...fuck that.
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• RE: handstands

Never done handstands as an exercise before. How would you recommend a beginner to start?

Comment

• Originally posted by spk View Post
              Molov - jumping in to say "hi". Which always feels awkward in the Journals; like you're busting into a dressing room full of giggling people.

I was really sorry to hear of your losses and wanted to send you best wishes. Everything you wrote hit some deeply truthful and parallel spots for me. It seemed that you'd disappeared from MDA and I assumed that something must be happening in your life. After reading what you wrote, it really reopened some stuff for me and I'm grateful for it. It's one thing to know intellectually that you've had excruciating loss; its entirely another to find an honest way to be open to it and take care of yourself. I realize now I'm flippant on this site because I have enough going on that I too came to MDA for the lol's....and the info.

Which is why I'm loving your food details––we think so similarly about foodstuffs. I too was really struggling w/ the muscle meat aspect of Primal. It's like my habit-driven-brain says do XYZ but my bod says WTF.

Best to you Molov. (It sounds like your hubby worked firelines or crew? And that is those 2 other losses, the husbands of friends? Hard, hard, very honorable work.)
              SPK, thanks for saying hi, I've enjoyed our few encounters on here much and hope you will post more here.

Grief is a funny thing you know. I (and my family) are at peace with my grandmothers passing- it was ideal as far as death goes. But this grief is on me heavily and won't let go. It's not debilitating, but omnipresent. It's not even about her. It's about things not done. Wasted time, wasted moments, wasted...potential. Life is so fleeting.

The other two deaths are certainly contributing to this grieving process- but they weren't firefighters (yes my husband is a wildland firefighter as well as a fire effects monitor biology nerd). His job is not so dangerous as that (or so he tells me). No, one of the other deaths was his grandfather, the widow being his wife of 71 years. The other widow is my mothers best friend of 40 years. Her beloved husband died suddenly of a massive heart attack while on a family vacation. He was an epic husband, father and grandfather. The husband that I have measured all of my own partners against, he was the most generous and loving man, and I don't think my own father would be jealous to hear that- he knows it's true. We were very close with this family. He was only 63. Hadn't even retired.

I've found a lot of support and encouragement here, as well as motivation. I have a lot of support and love IRL but there is something especially uplifting about the kindness of strangers.

I'm a little shocked how well I've managed to treat myself during such a stressful time and I hope that it's the new new.

Comment

• Originally posted by jodi29 View Post
                RE: handstands

Never done handstands as an exercise before. How would you recommend a beginner to start?
                Oh my! I'm flattered you would ask me but I am so new I can't even do a proper handstand yet- I can kick up but I'm still mostly using the wall and I can only hold it momentarily.

My background is yoga so I already had mastered headstands, forearm stands, and shoulder stands. I couldn't kick up to handstand because I was afraid to fall. Once that fear was gone, I just got it and haven't stopped since.

I've taken advice from Zach and Mr Anthony regarding handstands, as well as inspiration. There is a thread around here called "my handstand advice for what it's worth" and I think there is some good stuff in there if you are discriminating. Like, you have to know your handstand angle- are you a yogi, gymnast or bodybuilder? I think that distinction will inform your process and progress.

I realize I've given zero actual advice so I will just close with this: YOUTUBE

Comment

• Awesome! Thank you

Comment

• This is my 4 week progress pic. I'm a little bummed that I'm bloated from all the crap I ate over the weekend (ribs, bread, pufas) but even still, I have a definite improvement in my midsection since a month ago (when I was also bloated from eating that kind of crap at my grandmas funeral time)

Been doing a shitload of yoga, inversions, and I even lifted weights last week.

Comment

• That's seriously great even considering you are bloated!
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Making progress. Good work. Looking good.

Comment

• Definitely a lot of progress for just one month!

My journal

Comment

• Whoaaaa!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                            ------
                            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• It's a sad sad day for me

I broke my toe yesterday and I can't walk without a searing pain and so much hobbling.

I was doing a pike headstand when my little one crawled onto my yoga mat and got all up in my face, which he often does.

I kept telling him to shoo and he wouldn't so I dropped out of my headstand expecting my bent toes to land on my yoga mat...but no, the toe next to my pinky toe struck his pacifier he left on the mat. Crazy that a little plastic thing could do such damage but the force and speed of my legs coming down was considerable.

It hurts constantly, excruciatingly when I walk. I've iced and taped it. Still hurts. I'm gonna have to get a boot or crutches. I just started bartending at a saloon- making good tips- and have no idea how I can manage Friday and Saturday night on my feet. Will re-evaluate when I get the boot, maybe that will take the pain away. Still probably not a good idea to be on my feet that long.

Times like this make me so grateful for the mobility and energy that I have- I MOVE CONSTANTLY ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Movement brigs me such joy. Yoga, dancing, inversions- even just walking around with good posture and activated firm muscles makes me feel happy and alive. Injuries show you what you lost that you probably were taking for granted to begin with. And it's true- I fuss over my appearance too much and I think when I do that I'm kind of giving an F-U to the sheer joy of movement.

Comment

• Be careful with that toe . You should definitely be staying off of it! I hope it heals up okay. My ex was practicing walking on his hands at capoeira and came down wrong, broke his second toe. It was bent sideways though and had to have a pin put in it.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X