No announcement yet.

Now, it's my time to recover.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article, and by the man himself, PEAT!

When he says to split the tabs, how do you take the powder? Mix with a little liquid and gulp?

I see from your journal that you take Vit D. Which type do you take? I used to take a sublingual spray but I think D3 capsules are better? Autumn is upon us now, no more realy sun for the next 8 months

It was quick. Mine was dispatched yesterday!

Comment

• Ha, I didn't bother splitting it Just threw it down the hatch.

This is a good Vit D sup: Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels - iHerb.com

Iherb is a great site! Most of the products actually work out cheaper than buying the UK equivalent, even with the postage. I'm just about to place an order for Vit D, nicinaminde, and Vitex. I'm half tempted to order pregnenolone too, but that's a lot of sups for someone who hates sups...
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• That makes things a lot easier. Are you planning on taking temp as suggested or just go by feeling?

Yeah, I saw the raw thyroid on amazon after ordering and it's a little bit more money with the iherb discount:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Sour...ds=raw+thyroid

I'm looking at naicinamide too. The link Derp gave me a while ago is mostly american stuff, so iherb will probably sell it.

Food and supplements without toxic additives

I thought about ordering pregnenolone but got kinda scared about how it can worsen or cause acne, which I don't want to do since I'm mostly clear now. I think the niacinamide, thyroid, derma roller and E45 will make my skin better on their own. Topically pregnenolone may help or at least start beard growth but I'm not sure. I'll probably wait until next year and see how things are with all this other stuff first.

Comment

• Yeah, there's no point in trying too many things at once. I've been on my progesterone treatment and all my sups for a while, so I know how I feel on this regime and will be able to monitor the changes brought about by the raw thyroid.

I don't know if I'll bother taking my temps... I suppose I should. There's lots of other things that I'm hoping will give me an indication that it's working - sleep and weight loss being the main ones

My pulse was super low the other day - only 60 bpm - it's never been that low before! I usually have a fast heart rate. Weird.

Hey, could you link me that cleaning thing for the derma roller again? I can't find it in my journal. I'ts about time I started using it
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Exactly. It's important to know what is actually working so that you know wether you need to keep it up or not.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I clean it with this every other use. I'm rolling 2-3 times a week. It does get a little tedious but I think if you keep up with it, it will work and has made a little difference in my skin.

Comment

• What is everyones thoughts about dental care? For years I've been using 'natural' fluoride-free toothpaste and occasionally made my own toothpaste with coconut oil and baking soda. My teeth never look white (years of drinking herbal tea!)so I've bought a hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening kit...I know, I know, probably not the best thing, but once in 22 years, how much damage can it do, really? I've been using it for a week and it has started to whiten my teeth. They are patchy at the minute as it takes two weeks, twice per day for 20 minutes for each set of teeth. Oil pulling didn't do anything either.

I floss everyday and use a tongue scraper. I also use an electric toothbrush but I'm thinking of getting a new one, mainly due to the brush head and slight sensitivity.

I've found this: Easy Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe - Everyday Paleo

It's not going to be cheap to make but I doubt there is anything already made. Whilst whitening, I've just been brushing with water but in a few weeks, I'll need something to clean with.

Tooth soap is another option. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tooth-Soap-T.../dp/B005ZVUAJA

Also, does it matter about the <1% of sunflower oil on (organic) raisins? I've not found a single packet without oil but you'd think someone would want market a better option.
              Last edited by Nstocks; 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• I've been using the E45 plus Niacinamide cream for a few days now and although it has reduced overall dryness, my skin look like a greasy mess. Weird since it's still not exactly hydrated. It also leaves a film feeling on my skin. I always apply it to damp skin and use a small amount...

So now I'm on the product train!

Any opinions on the following moisturisers would be appreciated.

Alva : Men's Hydrating Face Cream

A'kin : Rose de mai Moisturising Day Cream

http://www.mypure.co.uk/brand/akin/a...sturiser-p1027
                Last edited by Nstocks; 09-14-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Oh dear - sorry, I didn't think to mention that... it doesn't actually bother me to look a bit shiny! But maybe just use it at night? If it's reducing dryness that's a good thing! And the B3 will really help too - me and Ombat were talking about how good our skin looks since we started using it.

Did the rolling for the first time last night - really liked it! How long did it take before you started to see an improvement?

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                    Oh dear - sorry, I didn't think to mention that... it doesn't actually bother me to look a bit shiny! But maybe just use it at night? If it's reducing dryness that's a good thing! And the B3 will really help too - me and Ombat were talking about how good our skin looks since we started using it.

Did the rolling for the first time last night - really liked it! How long did it take before you started to see an improvement?
                    Lol, well with slight redness, the shine makes my skin look 'angry'! I only really rinse my face at night and leave it alone during the day but I still look shiny.

I was rolling 5 times a week for 3 weeks before I saw some improvement. I now only roll twice a week because I find it a bit drying to my skin. Weird. I also think that with the active acne I had, it made it a little worse so I took a week off. Most of that has cleared, I just have scars now

DO NOT roll close to the lips. I did this on a few occasions and I got weird spot/cyst things on my lip! It's a nice feeling though isn't it, the roller. Makes you feel alive!

Comment

• I really think the B3 will help the redness and dryness - keep with it for a week or so more! Maybe just try it at night? Have you tried the rose water? You could rinse your face with that in the mornings on a bit of cotton wool - it should take off any shininess

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I told you that crap is a waste of money, homie. Fix yourself from within first. Your skin quality is a direct indication of things not being quite right inside.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                          I told you that crap is a waste of money, homie. Fix yourself from within first. Your skin quality is a direct indication of things not being quite right inside.
                          Dont know how many times we can say it...

Also you could have saved money and just swished hydrogen peroxide in your mouth.

Comment

• You guys are treadin' on me!!!!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              I told you that crap is a waste of money, homie. Fix yourself from within first. Your skin quality is a direct indication of things not being quite right inside.
                              That's quite right, but I can't wait another 6 month to have moderately good looking skin. The rest of my body is fine, it's just parts of my face - environmental perhaps. I'm happy to try a couple of creams, having not moisturised my skin in years. Short term fix or cover up beats leaving the house with red, irritated skin...

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                              Dont know how many times we can say it...

Also you could have saved money and just swished hydrogen peroxide in your mouth.
                              It's money back guarantee, if it doesn't work, I haven't lost out!

Comment

• Would it be better to take Vit D with Thyroid? I take the thyroid with first meal but Vit D around 6pm... Just wondering if it makes much difference since the sunrise is in the am and thus our body 'expect' Vit D?

Comment

Working...
                                X