No announcement yet.

Primal Journal- Emofedom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother was OCD I think looking back on it. I guess I take after her a bit here and there! Lol

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Hey Em!

Busy with the party preparations, huh? How are they coming along?

T.

Comment

• **Tuesday**

Ethan and I had Sonic fast food for breakfast. I know it's terrible but we were hunger and going early, because someone forgot his dozer key at the house. Went to a late lunch with DH and his Dad and step mom. Then DH and I went to town to get Ethan more something's for his birthday and hubby a fuel tank for his truck bed.

[Food]
        B- the egg and sausage out of a Sonic Sausage Egg Biscuit
        L- Chicken Fajita meat with onions and bell peppers
        Snack- pig skins and salsa

[Exercise]
        This was a Leg workout night. It was cut short by my right thigh muscle being strained! It hurts extremely bad

[Sleep]
        11-6

**Wednesday**

Ethan was at daycare. So me and BFF ran our errands. I got my nails done(this is not normally me), got a few more gifts for Ethan (yes I spoil him), had lunch and then my very fashion forward friend said she needed to clean out her closet!! and yes I loaded up all kinds of goodies. 4 pairs of expensive jean, a trench coat, several sweaters, 2 gym outfits, 12 dresses (lots of size 8s), 2, pants(that actually fit) and 8 shirts. I love free!! I love cheap too! But I love love love free! Especially when it's coming out of her closet. It didn't even look like we put a dent in her closet. I'm a resale and thrift shop junky. It just makes sense to me to buy gentle used clothes especially when for the most part I live in the country where it'll get messed up anyway. Now my BFFs closes those are for church and nights out on the town.

[Food]
        B- if
        L- steak kabob
        D- grilled chicken salad

[exercise]
        Still nursing the pulled muscle

[Sleep]
        3-7

**Thursday**

Worn out because I hardly slept. I weeded the flower beds and scrubbed the floors. That was pretty much it. My parents are coming over so DH and I can have a date night. Neither of us feel good but it was already planned so we are going. We went to our favorite seafood restaurant. We went to home improvement store and bought lots of mulch for the flower beds. Then to the grocery store for party snacks for Saturday.

Started feeling sick that night.

[Food]
        B- if
        L- grilled chicken strips
        D- blackened Catfish Étouffée

[Exercise]
        None

[sleep]
        11-7

Em
        "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• **Friday**

FOOD POISON!!! And I have 30+ people coming tomorrow for my son's birthday!! This bites. On the up side the scale said I lost an pound and a half!

Took Ethan to Dr after lunch to check his cough. Dr said I was doing all I could and it would be gone in a week or two. My stepmom took Ethan when I got home and my Dad went and picked up brother. I quickly hung decorations and went back to bed. My sweet brother came home and put mulch out for me and is tidying the house up.

Oh and a crazy storm blew through for like five seconds and we now are without power!

Oh and DH has spent entire day driving to Louisiana to pick his mother and her friend up cause they broke down during a job. He then had to take them to three more gas stations to fix displays or something. Now he is on the road taking them and the car to Arkansas to where they live. Then my MIL is coming back down here(staying at younger BIL) for the week before she is flown to Alaska to live with my youngest SIL. Heres where she is pissing me off. She wants my DH to load her car on trailer tonight in the dark, even though nothing is wrong with it, and bring her back the four to five hour trip here so she doesn't have to drive and use her gas. The nerve. I just keeping telling myself though her ticket next weekend is a ONE WAY ticket. DH and oldest BIL said if she wants to come back she'll have to walk! Lol

[food]
          B- slice of turkey
          L- hamburger patty

[Exercise]
          Not happening

[sleep]
          11-7

Em
          "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveller View Post
            Hey Em!

Busy with the party preparations, huh? How are they coming along?

T.
            Busy and more as you can read by my Fridays log.
            I can't wait to see the cake and balloon center piece. Ill get them tomorrow. I'll post pic tomorrow too. The cake better be off the charts for what they had me pay. One time deal though. The big ONE, so I went a little over board.

Em
            "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Oh well they are only one once!!! Take lots of pictures!!

I hope you are feeling better now. I think you did pretty good at sonic by not eating the biscuit!! Go you!

Can't wait to hear how the party went! And I sooooo sympathize with mil thing. I wish mine would get a one way ticket to Idaho! *sigh*

Have fun tomorrow!!!
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1379212702.596717.jpg birthday cake. It says "oh what fun Ethan is One!"
                ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1379212722.987297.jpg Ethan and his smash cake
                ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1379212749.700213.jpg Ethan and his manly tools!
                ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1379212797.196810.jpg Ethan's new birthday recliner
                ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1379212829.640867.jpg Ethan and I opening his gifts. He had a great 1st birthday!!

Em
                "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Awww, big one year old!! Happy birthday Ethan, and many happy returns!

Awesome cake, by the way!

T.

Comment

• He is absolutely precious!!! Thanks for sharing! The cake is soooo cute!

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!

Comment

• Been MIA but I'm back. Food Poison bites! Ethan is still suffering from chest congestion and he got his 1yr booster shots! So he was a bit whinny and needy today.

[food]
                      B- if
                      L- 3 grilled chicken strips
                      D- eggplant, hamburger Ragu

[exercise]
                      1hr Upper and lower body
                      25min treadmill

[sleep]
                      12-7

Em
                      "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• I see you are starting the young'un out right... gots power tools for his first birthday! wooo hooo! AND a "leather" recliner with a drink holder!!! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          I see you are starting the young'un out right... gots power tools for his first birthday! wooo hooo! AND a "leather" recliner with a drink holder!!! lol
                          Of course!! Is there any other way? Lol

Em
                          "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Glad you're back Em. Yeah food poisoning sucks!! Be kind to your tummy till it gets better. Where do you think you picked it up at? I hope you feel better soon. I have had that once in my life & don't ever want it again!! Miserable. Takes awhile to get back to 100% too.

You know you should also get baby Ethan some dolls in addition to the power tools, you know so he won't grow up confused as to what he is. If you lived in California he could choose which bathroom to use in day care!! . Jk of course. The political correctness in this country is getting way out of hand!! But that's a post for another day! He is an adorable little boy & I just want to hug & squeeze him thru the screen!! You can do it for me!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Comment

• The scale reading 164 makes me feel like a different person. I'm not at goal but two more pounds and I'll be at my Air Force entry weight (March 2004). I have my moments of weakness where I think it would be so nice and easy to just grab a burger and fries, but these results I have so far help hold me to my health commitment. I WILL NOT QUIT UNTIL I AM IN THE BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE! I promised myself when I started researching primal and Paleo diets that if I saw pain relief I would never turn back. I hardly notice my back pain anymore so why would I.

Something happens this summer. I don't know specifically what though. Something made me take a hard look at my life and ask "Am I doing the best I can to be the best I can?" Simple answer... No. I wasn't taking care of myself first off. If I wasn't taking care of myself then I really couldn't take very good care of my family could I? I'm overweight, in pain, lost and just going through the motions. I don't want my son to remember me this way. He needs an active mother that is actually living the best life possible. I had to make a change. And I did.

The end of June I started eating healthier, exercising, and going to church on a regular basis. I signed Ethan up for a mommy day out at our Church. He loves being with and playing with the other babies and I needed the time for me. I feel like I took my life back by making these changes. I'm activity seeking to make positive changes in my life for myself but also for my family. The better I feel on the inside and out, the better I can take care of my family.

This past Sunday began our first Women's Bible Study... Women of Worth. It was wonderful. It was so inspiring and motivational. I look forward to the next 7 meetings. I have lots to learn and work on.

We all have these ideas, dreams or images of what we want our life to be like. I do which may sound corny to others. I'm going to have it. I've begun my journey. I'm going to be that healthy (physically and spiritually) and fit mommy.

If it ever seems I'm doing self pep talks... I am! Lol

Em
                              "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                                Glad you're back Em. Yeah food poisoning sucks!! Be kind to your tummy till it gets better. Where do you think you picked it up at? I hope you feel better soon. I have had that once in my life & don't ever want it again!! Miserable. Takes awhile to get back to 100% too.

You know you should also get baby Ethan some dolls in addition to the power tools, you know so he won't grow up confused as to what he is. If you lived in California he could choose which bathroom to use in day care!! . Jk of course. The political correctness in this country is getting way out of hand!! But that's a post for another day! He is an adorable little boy & I just want to hug & squeeze him thru the screen!! You can do it for me!!

Have a wonderful day!!!
                                Yeah it does! I laid in bed with my boy all day. He feels terrible and I'm starting to feel better. I hate that there is nothing to do for a baby with a cough.

I think I got it at our favorite seafood restaurant Clear Springs Texas Seafood. It's normally excellent, but the blackened catfish étouffée just didn't go over very well with my tummy.

Yeah I'm glad I live where I do. Yes my baby has camouflaged everything including his crib bedding, curtain and diaper bag. He has a mural painted on his wall of gators. He loves riding four wheelers and tractors. He's all boy and that's fine by me.

Em
                                "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

Working...
                                X