No announcement yet.

Primal Journal- Emofedom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Em...you know I sympathize with you re: mil issues!! ! lol.

I think a lot of people forget that when going primal/paleo it isn't really a weight loss diet. It is a whole healthy way of eating. If you lose some weight all the better. Some don't...some even gain weight on it! It takes time to undue all the damage of years of eating the SAD. Patience is certainly not one of my virtues! lol. & I got really discouraged last year when I hit a plateau after 4 months & it wouldn't budge. Then I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue & functional thyroid issues. So I was even more discouraged. I didn't go totally back to the SAD, but ate things I know I shouldn't have. I know what you mean about so many other folks & their journals. I only keep up with about a handful...& you are right...everyone is very supportive. This forum is unique in that for the most part I think. You make friends here & really care what happens to them. Even tho I wasn't here last fall thru the spring, I still thought about everyone & kept up with a few on Pinterest & subscribed to Gay Panda's journal so it would come in my email! I'm so glad to be back here! This is definitely the place to find good support!

Ok... I didn't mean to go on & on!! I'm thru now! lol
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• No, I still don't know what my 'ideal' calorie range is; but if you know what you typically put into your body, you can at least tinker around with it a bit.
      I know Primal is about eating until you're satisfied, no counting calories; but you can do both. I've read a few journals and threads where people have successfully got past a plateau by lowering the calories, but still eating completely primal. Some people upped the carbs and lowered the fat, with success, and vice versa. I don't know why such different methods produce the same results, but it does.
      Anyway, ketosis sounds good. Anything that can keep cancer at bay is good. Hope it works for you!

T.

Comment

• Ok so my weight is kind of hanging at 168-170. Of course it isn't dropping like I would like but looking in the mirror at the gym last night while working out... I could see my work paying off. I see a lot of toning in my legs especially. Today I went shopping before my hair appointment. Ethan was at Mommy's Day Out... Gotta love a day each week that's just for me. Anyway, I saw this adorable dress but it was a size 8! I've always been a 12 but I've started wearing some 10s lately so I decided I might get it as a "goal" size to get to. The kicker.... Was it actually fit like a glove! Its a fitted dress so this really is saying something. I look... dare i say it... i look THIN! So awesome for the self esteem.

New dress and got my hair done... I feel like a million bucks!!!

Em
        "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Em I could feel your energy thru your post!! lol. That is soooo awesome! It is such a good feeling. I remember at Easter last year I got into a pair of size 14 jeans. I wanted to cry...I hadn't seen that size in many years. Hopefully I will be able to get into them again soon!

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Thanks Donna! I was on cloud nine all day. Little triumphs like that make you energetic. You will get back into them soon. The Whole30 will be the thing to jump start ya, just like I think ketosis is my key jump starting my weight loss again.

It's terrible, or should I say I am, for being so impatient with that horrid scale. It's so depressing to work hard in the gym and on my clean eating diet and see a month stall out with hardly any downward movement. It probably wouldn't be bad if they (VA) didn't require us to weigh daily. I think it should be once a week but its their weight loss program and I'm just using it for accountability, so I'll deal with it.

Em
            "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Yay, Em!
              That's just clear-cut results, congrats!

So, why do you have to weigh yourself daily?

T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                Yay, Em!
                That's just clear-cut results, congrats!

So, why do you have to weigh yourself daily?

T.
                It's for a government program for veterans. It's called Move! And it's to help veterans wanting to get back in shape. The program it's self is cheesy with grains being pushed because its part of the food pyramid and all. The good thing is they send you this state of the art scale which has a computer and modem. Each morning I go through the program answering questions towards a healthy lifestyle. Then it tells me it's time to get weighed and my blood pressure is taken. The info is then sent to my doctors at the hospital. If I start to slip up and gain weight, they start calling. I like accountability, although I think I could do it just with this journal and the support I find here.

If I don't weigh daily I get dropped from the program after three days. Just how they set it up.

Em
                "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• **Wednesday**
                  1hr Weight training (mostly my glutes and abs) no cardio
                  Total Net Carbs under 20 for the day
                  Sleep 6hr
                  \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

**Thursday**
                  Did a little house cleaning. Mostly been ordering and planning our Dr. Seuss themed birthday party. I can't wait to see the cake I've ordered or the balloon center piece. My friend is a professional clown and balloon twister. He's amazing and everyone must agree because he travels all over the States doing this thing. Can't believe that my baby is turning ONE next Friday.

[Food]
                  2sausage links
                  1chicken breast
                  1chicken breast

[GYM TIME]
                  90 minutes Weight Training (arms and shoulders). Little glute work too
                  60 minutes high/low intensity cardio (HR 136-155)

[Sleep]
                  12-7... Not too bad

Em
                  "Adapt and Overcome"
                  Last edited by Emofedom; 09-05-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• **Friday**
                    Not much happening today. Scale read 166 this morning. So another pound bites the dust!! . The only thing I did with my day was go to the grocery store. Ethan loves Vanilla Almond Milk and I love all the calcium in it for him, my little primal grok baby! He does seem to mind it one bit.

Cross your fingers Ethan starts walking here soon. He is getting ready too. He has been practicing standing up for days now. I just hope by his party next weekend he is walking a bit for all his friends and family to see.

I tried to work outside this morning a little but my dang weed eater acted up. Actually it was operated error. I didn't know I had to "just pull" the cap off to get to the line. There I was twisting and pulling (& beating it on the ground a bit)and calling my DH for help. I feel dumb. Oh well Hubby fixed it for me this afternoon when he got home and made sure I knew how to take the cap off.

[food]
                    Total of 29 carbs today. Went over board and didn't realize the carb amount in hotdogs and taco salad. Won't happen again.

B-sweet curry seasoned grilled chicken breast (I love finding new seasonings for chicken & this is awesome)
                    L- taco salad from Taco Bell (no shell, cheese, sour cream, stripes)
                    D- sweet curry seasoned grilled chicken breast
                    Snack- turkey dogs with mustard

[exercise]
                    45min of weight training (back)
                    30min of high intensity cardio on the elliptical

[sleep]
                    12-7:45. I slept so hard I didn't hear my hubby leave this morning. Excellent

Em
                    "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Side note... I logged all food and exercise into my fitness pal app.

Em
                      "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Went to a children's Dinosaur exhibit today with my family plus BFF's family then to lunch. Over all a good day. Ethan thought the moving exhibits were cool. Didn't get scared at all! Brave baby! Lol

Not that I have ever had an issue with it but I need to keep an eye on my sodium intake. Whenever I get lazy and don't cook I eat high Sodium.
                        My solution:
                        I am going to "try" to grilling up a lot of chicken, pork and or beef for the week. Steaming a bunch of broccoli and then dividing them all up into individual containers for the week. I will add in Brussel sprouts and salad mixes to change it up a bit. I know you all have the same issue and understand. Breakfast is worst! Everything is high sodium... Sausage or bacon mostly. I don't care for eggs much, which makes it harder to do the (ketogenic diet) low carb thing in the morning.

[food]
                        B-7 pieces of bacon wrapped in lettuce
                        L/D- Argentinian beef salad (so so so good)
                        Snack- small pack of mixed nuts

[Exercise]
                        Killer leg workout no cardio.

[sleep]
                        1-6:30 I didn't want to wake up either. Ethan was ready to play.

Em
                        "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• **Sunday**

DH and brother went to Church with Ethan and me. Brother new a lot of people there and immediately wondered off visiting everyone. That's why his syndrome is nicknamed the Friendly Syndrome. I whispered a thank you to my husband for going as we walked in and was shocked when he said "I was actually looking forward to going again." Wow. That's a first. Ive been going for almost two months and this was his second time to join us. He has never been much on going to church in his entire life, but says he likes this one. He said its relaxed and kind of fun. It helps that his ex brother in law/ friend is there to visit with I guess! . I actually like him and his wife, who are awfully nice and talkative. Odd to be able to be friendly with a spouses' ex in laws! They have even been invited to Ethan's Big One year old Birthday Party. Back to the "church going" though! I do believe I will have two guys actually "wanting" to go on Sundays! How about that? makes me feel good.

Oh and I wore that SIZE 8 Dress too! I felt super skinny. I have been using some tanning towel from the makeup store. They work good. I'm very fair skinned with a billion freckles so tanning doesn't really work plus it's terrible for ya I know. But my legs were tan and muscled looking. Never been that proud of them before. My arms and shoulders however are gonna take some serious time and work. I'll get there. Not going to give up on making myself happy and proud of my body.

[food]
                          B- IF
                          L- beef Fajita meat with bell peppers and onions (lunched at a restaurant)
                          D- 2 turkey Dogs with mustard
                          Snack- mixed nuts

[exercise]
                          My rest day

[Sleep]
                          1-8

Em
                          "Adapt and Overcome"
                          Last edited by Emofedom; 09-09-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• **Monday**

Took brother to work @7 and returned home to my week of madness. I'm a little nutty about having everything just so, when I have company coming. Having a baby and being a nut takes some serious time management! So today I began the cleaning. I dusted my entire living room. Every wall, nicknack, lampshade, vent, and even under the couches. My husband says I'm the only person he has ever seen flip their couch over and vacuum the springs. I vacuumed all the rugs and cobwebs and moped all the tile. I organized the desk and rearranged the furniture. And then I took Ethan outside. He loves it outside even in this heat. I finally mastered the weed eater and trimmed all around the flowerbeds, trees, greenhouse and house.

Ethan and I went this evening and picked my brother up and what do I hear? Coming from the back seat, a little but loud voice, "hey Josh!" And I look back at that toothy grin. He said Josh three more times clear as day! we know where Uncle Josh rates! Life is good. No I don't have the average family, but boy do they love one another. Uncle Josh is all Baby Ethan wants in the evenings. It's like a game when we get home. Is Josh quick enough to get in his room before the racing crawler gets there and pushes the door open? Usually not. Ethan knows the evening routine pretty well. He even gets excited about getting in the car in the evening cause he knows Josh is coming home. I know he's my brother and not my son but most days I almost forget. Its kind of cool thinking of Josh being a big brother figure for Ethan. He can wait till Ethan is ready to join the volunteer fire department with him.

[food]
                            B/L- pan fried turkey ham and 4 egg whites with salsa
                            D- shrimp salad... What Ethan did mooch from me
                            Snack- small bag mixed nuts
                            2 tsp chai seeds and 1/4cup diet grape/cranberry juice after workout

[exercise]
                            45min on chest and abs
                            30 on cardio

[sleep]
                            11-6

Em
                            "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• I'm with your hubby; you're the only person I've ever heard of who vacuums couch springs.
                              Ethan's talking, huh? Something else to show the friends and family at the party!

T.

Comment

• lol. Ditto on vacuuming the couch springs!! That is too funny. My house is lucky to get vacuumed once a month! lol. So good job!!

Ah yes...we can't wait for them to start talking & then in a few years we wish they'd shut up!! But they are oh so cute when they first start!

Whew...I wish I had your energy! But then you are young...& I am older than dirt. *sigh*. 😉

Comment

Working...
                                X