Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, off to the radiologist now. Any thoughts and well wishes should be directed to Kaiser La Mesa facility San Diego, California. Thanks.
    Positive thoughts headed your way, Robin. I like the new journal.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
      Positive thoughts headed your way, Robin. I like the new journal.
      Thanks, Greensprout.
      Back home now after a thorough boob squish and scan session.
      Yesterday was my first serious try at an LHT workout in a while so my pectorals were already feeling a bit sore before being scrunched onto a photographic plate.

Comment

I hope the whole thing comes back clear!

I have henna on my feet! My friend sylvia does it, and she did it for me today. It's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
          I hope the whole thing comes back clear!
          I have henna on my feet! My friend sylvia does it, and she did it for me today. It's cool.
          Thanks, Zoe. It will be a week or so before I know.

Henna is awesome stuff. I've been using on my hair lately and it's feeling so think and healthy I may decide to let it grow out long again. (I cut it short after an unfortunate attempt at a spiral perm did some damage.)

Comment

I used henna from Lush (those smelly "all natural" soap stores). There's no metallics so you don't have to worry about bleaching it later or using heat on your hair. It smelled great and felt amazing, but I don't like tying myself to natural colors for very long =P
            Depression Lies

Comment

Commiserations on the boob squish, PB. My mammo this year caught something, luckily it turned out to be nothing after the recall, but it was close to the armpit waaay close to the ribs, so I got totally mashed in the machines this year as they rotated the machine and plates this way and that. Actually sore. But still nothing like you had to endure.
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Check into having a thermogram rather than a mammogram. No booby squishing involved.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  I used henna from Lush (those smelly "all natural" soap stores). There's no metallics so you don't have to worry about bleaching it later or using heat on your hair. It smelled great and felt amazing, but I don't like tying myself to natural colors for very long =P
                  I just looked them up. It looks like their colors come in a cake like bakers chocolate. Do you have to soak it in water first? How do you get it on your hair?

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                  Commiserations on the boob squish, PB. My mammo this year caught something, luckily it turned out to be nothing after the recall, but it was close to the armpit waaay close to the ribs, so I got totally mashed in the machines this year as they rotated the machine and plates this way and that. Actually sore. But still nothing like you had to endure.
                  I'm so glad yours turned out to be nothing. Better to know. Mine was right back by the ribs too. Know what you mean.

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                  Check into having a thermogram rather than a mammogram. No booby squishing involved.
                  From what I have read that looks like really interesting technology but I don't think it is up to the level of accuracy needed yet to keep from getting a lot of false positive that freak people out and false negatives that overlook problems for another year or two while they grow. I think this technology may one day revolutionize medical imaging. It just isn't there yet.

Comment

You do have to chop up or use a grater on those bars. I forget the exact instructions, but you combine with hot water, let it set till it's all combined and then apply. I definitely recommend googling (or check out the Lush forums on their site) images of people who have used the bars to get idea of what shade it will come out.

This is a couple of years ago, with caca rouge.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      I really, really like Lush! Not everything, but of the things we use, we are devoted and loyal customers. No henna here, tho - try that on my snow-white head!
                      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• I read your grammar post on the another thread:

Mark should put a sticky up at the top saying, "You LOSE weight so your pants will be LOOSE".
                        And another saying, "YOU'RE looking great because YOUR muscles are toning up".
                        And I have just the thing for you: Typing-in-full-sentences-because-youre-an-educated-hero

Lots of LOL moments

Yeah, I know it's "vanity weight" mostly. The size 6s still button but with a muffin top that is not attractive.

Thinking back to how I did the most losing before it really was mostly carnivorous. I would generally do 6 eggs for breakfast and then a piece of meat or fish for dinner with a little side of something like asparagus. I think all the extraneous things like desserts, booze, fruit snacking etc. got cut out in the name of calories but I was on a high protein focus. I was advised in the Calorie Counting thread to up my protein so even the veg sides were minimal.

Then I started eating a lot more veggies when I started taking care of my Dad. And putting on weight. Hard to tell which is the confounding variable there, stress or diet.

I've been thinking about that girl who has that egg fast thread going. I could do that easily. A dozen eggs a day is only 850 calories depending on the size of the eggs. Add some butter and/or mayo and that would be a good day's eats.
                        It's true - stress can definitely contribute to weight gain.

If that's how you lost the weight the first time then do what works! I'm trying to lose vanity weight too, and I'm going a route I never tried before - exercise!

The egg diet is scary... I can't believe she's lost 20 lbs so quickly! wtf. I just wonder how likely she is to keep it off...
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Never mind.
                          Last edited by Sabine; 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM. Reason: Reconsidered. It didn't need to be said.

Comment

• btw, i wasn't saying that one should have burritos. just that it's one of those things that I've asserted I'm having dammit! LOL

had three earthquakes in 3 days -- 5.7, 4.5, and 5.8. luckily, they were far enough from us to just feel the sway and jolt, and not do any real damage. maybe near the epicenter, but I haven't heard anything in the news about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              You do have to chop up or use a grater on those bars. I forget the exact instructions, but you combine with hot water, let it set till it's all combined and then apply. I definitely recommend googling (or check out the Lush forums on their site) images of people who have used the bars to get idea of what shade it will come out.

This is a couple of years ago, with caca rouge.
                              That's a nice shade. The one I use is just a little darker than that.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                              I really, really like Lush! Not everything, but of the things we use, we are devoted and loyal customers. No henna here, tho - try that on my snow-white head!
                              Once my hair is snow white, I will wear it proudly natural. I'm at that in between point however of a bit of salt in the pepper that just makes the whole thing look dingy, IMO.

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              It's true - stress can definitely contribute to weight gain.

If that's how you lost the weight the first time then do what works! I'm trying to lose vanity weight too, and I'm going a route I never tried before - exercise!
                              The egg diet is scary... I can't believe she's lost 20 lbs so quickly! wtf. I just wonder how likely she is to keep it off...
                              I don't think I really realized how much stress was going on until it was gone. It sort of became the daily norm for a while there. I *handle * stress well, as in no freaking out histrionics in the hospital corridor, but that doesn't mean the stress is not there underneath the carefully controlled exterior.

I think one of the reasons the egggirl is having such great success is because she is coming from a *very* SAD state of eating and being very overweight and really having a messed up metabolism. She is fixing a lot of things and more power to her. I doubt if someone going from regular Primal to all eggs would get as dramatic a result.

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                              btw, i wasn't saying that one should have burritos. just that it's one of those things that I've asserted I'm having dammit! LOL

had three earthquakes in 3 days -- 5.7, 4.5, and 5.8. luckily, they were far enough from us to just feel the sway and jolt, and not do any real damage. maybe near the epicenter, but I haven't heard anything in the news about it.
                              I had quesodillas for dinner last night and they were delicious. Just have a bit of cheese left to use up.

I hope you and yours stay safe. I know earthquakes are a fact of life where you live as they are in California.

Comment

• Yup. we're all good. epicenter is about 30-40 kms away, so, it's really not a huge thing. It's just so many at once. Right after I wrote that post, we had another 4.2 rumble, apparently.

Going to take the kiddo out to the park soon. It's such a warm, not-windy winter day. Great for all of us to be out for a couple of hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X