Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
    Hello Paleobird,
    I've been reading your other journals for a couple of days, and I find you really inspiring.
    Hope you don't mind if I stop by from time to time!
    Traveller.
    Not at all. Welcome to the Birdnest.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Glad to see you made it back from your trip..... sorry it ended the way it did. Glad to see a new journal..... I look forward to luking here!
    You're so cute when you lurk, doc.

Originally posted by ayumi View Post
    What's SWYPO?
    see below.

Originally posted by Sigi View Post
    Sex With Your Pants On - i.e. Paleofying junk food and desserts. Da 'Bird don't do dat - she's HARDCORE!
    *Waves to Paleobird*
    Welcome back Robin! So sorry to hear about your relationship travails - glad you got safely out of it.

Good luck with your fresh start in your new digs. Looks like you've got lots of friendly guests dropping in to keep an eye on you and hold you accountable!
    Yes, the accountability has worked before.

Originally posted by B2B View Post
    Hello Paleobird,
    Following you still in the shadows (and not in the creepy way!). I always seem to find some inspiration from your journaling. Please don't stop! B2B
    Not creepy at all but posting would be fine too. Welcome in either case.

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
    I too have reached a place where alcohol hinders rather than helps, i think it is a natural place we come to as we get clean
    It does seem to be that way. The 2.0 body is clean and healthy and says, "What are you doing putting that poison in me?"

Originally posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Hi Paleobird,
    I followed along in your second journal while you were taking care of your Dad. Though it is always sad, there was a great deal of beauty in the story as well. It reminded me of the last days of my Mom (ten years ago).
    I'm all about new beginnings, which is why I often wake to see the sun rise. I look forward to reading more about this leg of the journey.
    Thanks. I appreciated your support through all of that as someone with BTDT experience.

Originally posted by ayumi View Post
    Oh, that's an interesting way to put it. Makes me think of a hot plate of brownies :P
    Paleobird, I like how you wrote out your goals. Will be cheering you on!
    The SWYPO acronym was coined by the folks over at the Whole9 site. I have been reading a lot of their stuff lately and it is really making sense. I think Mark want's to invite the largest number of people possible under the Primal tent and so makes it easy to be 80/20 and have your favorite indulgences like dairy, wine, chocolate, etc.
    The Whole9 approach is more hardcore and I think that's where I need to go. They do allow for butter so they are not totally whacked about the dairy thing. For everything else I use coconut cream anyway. This just cuts out my lovely expensive cheeses that are way too easy to snarf down and not feel satiated. I figure if I am hungry enough to eat cheese but not hungry enough to eat meat, then I am not really hungry. I am just noshing because it tastes good or doing it mindlessly as I watch TV.

Comment

Hi Paleobird!

Can I be your #1 stalker on this thread? (I lurked in your other one's) You remind me so much of my BFF in many ways and I appreciate and relate to a lot of your posts and responses.

Glad to see a new beginning for you!
      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Not at all. Welcome to the Birdnest.

You're so cute when you lurk, doc.

see below.

Yes, the accountability has worked before.

Not creepy at all but posting would be fine too. Welcome in either case.

It does seem to be that way. The 2.0 body is clean and healthy and says, "What are you doing putting that poison in me?"

Thanks. I appreciated your support through all of that as someone with BTDT experience.

The SWYPO acronym was coined by the folks over at the Whole9 site. I have been reading a lot of their stuff lately and it is really making sense. I think Mark want's to invite the largest number of people possible under the Primal tent and so makes it easy to be 80/20 and have your favorite indulgences like dairy, wine, chocolate, etc.
        The Whole9 approach is more hardcore and I think that's where I need to go. They do allow for butter so they are not totally whacked about the dairy thing. For everything else I use coconut cream anyway. This just cuts out my lovely expensive cheeses that are way too easy to snarf down and not feel satiated. I figure if I am hungry enough to eat cheese but not hungry enough to eat meat, then I am not really hungry. I am just noshing because it tastes good or doing it mindlessly as I watch TV.
        I am a long time W30 follower. I have done 6 of them..one was a W100. A bunch of us crazy folks did it. I think 26 of us started the W100..7 of us finished. :0) Butter is only allowed in the form of clarified or ghee. Homemade ghee is one of my gobbled pleasures.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
          Hi Paleobird!

Can I be your #1 stalker on this thread? (I lurked in your other one's) You remind me so much of my BFF in many ways and I appreciate and relate to a lot of your posts and responses.

Glad to see a new beginning for you!
          You are welcome to stalk and lurk to your heart's content and even more welcome to post.

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
          I am a long time W30 follower. I have done 6 of them..one was a W100. A bunch of us crazy folks did it. I think 26 of us started the W100..7 of us finished. :0) Butter is only allowed in the form of clarified or ghee. Homemade ghee is one of my gobbled pleasures.
          Other than the occasional booze (which has gotten to be too occasional) and the dairy, my whole life is one giant whole 30. I'm willing to give them a try on those two issues, the booze and dairy, because what they say about these topics makes a lot of sense. Still using up the last of my (too copious) cheese stash but the booze went down the drain.

Comment

Onward and upward, PB. Good luck.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

You are welcome to stalk and lurk to your heart's content and even more welcome to post.

Other than the occasional booze (which has gotten to be too occasional) and the dairy, my whole life is one giant whole 30. I'm willing to give them a try on those two issues, the booze and dairy, because what they say about these topics makes a lot of sense. Still using up the last of my (too copious) cheese stash but the booze went down the drain.
              Oh yes..don't toss the cheese. Let me know if you get in the mood to make your own ghee. Easy and so tasty.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                Onward and upward, PB. Good luck.
                Thanks, Annie. Onward and upward.

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                Oh yes..don't toss the cheese. Let me know if you get in the mood to make your own ghee. Easy and so tasty.
                I know how to make ghee, I just like the way that butter tastes and I don't think it has enough milk solids in it to make a difference. Even the hard core Whole9 people include it.

I'm kind of a cheese snob. I only buy the really good stuff. There is a goat milk brie in the fridge calling my name.

Comment

Thanks, Annie. Onward and upward.

I know how to make ghee, I just like the way that butter tastes and I don't think it has enough milk solids in it to make a difference. Even the hard core Whole9 people include it.

I'm kind of a cheese snob. I only buy the really good stuff. There is a goat milk brie in the fridge calling my name.
                  You mean the Borden brand mild Cheddar ISN'T the good stuff?????

Comment

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    You mean the Borden brand mild Cheddar ISN'T the good stuff?????
                    "Processed American Cheese Food-Like Substance". No, that doesn't count.

Comment

Good morning!

There is a goat milk brie in the fridge calling my name.
                      There are few food things quite as alluring as the siren song from a runny goat milk brie.

Since you're somewhat contemplating watching calories, what helps me sometimes is to just have a cheese day. I make a trip and just buy what I'll eat in a day, then when I'm done, I put that tiger back in the closet until next time. Sort of a cheese refeed. Lox also works as the perfect platform for some cheeses.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Mmmmm.. Salmon refeeds! Now your talkin! We've got all kinds of wild caught on sale around here. I've been doing taste test comparisons. Sockeye vs. keta and now wild caught Alaskan pink is on sale for 1.99 per lb ths week. Time for a smoke out! We rarely see King, but I'll take it's wild caught inferior cousins any day

Comment

Awwww. That is just about the sweetest thing I have heard in a very long time.

And, if you were single and here, your application would be eagerly accepted.

I think going cougar might make sense in that all the guys my age seem to be falling apart at the seams. I need to find a young one who can keep up with me.
                          Don't give up on all of us. There are some of us "older Paleo guys" who can put the young guns to shame.
                          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Good morning!
                            There are few food things quite as alluring as the siren song from a runny goat milk brie.

Since you're somewhat contemplating watching calories, what helps me sometimes is to just have a cheese day. I make a trip and just buy what I'll eat in a day, then when I'm done, I put that tiger back in the closet until next time. Sort of a cheese refeed. Lox also works as the perfect platform for some cheeses.
                            I just had the brie for brekkie. Perhaps I could have a once a week cheese refeed like Choco does his spuds. Having it in the fridge is just too dangerous though. I like your idea about buy it, eat it, then done. I have a really good cheese shop that sells raw milk snooty cheeses within walking distance of my house.

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                            Mmmmm.. Salmon refeeds! Now your talkin! We've got all kinds of wild caught on sale around here. I've been doing taste test comparisons. Sockeye vs. keta and now wild caught Alaskan pink is on sale for 1.99 per lb ths week. Time for a smoke out! We rarely see King, but I'll take it's wild caught inferior cousins any day
                            Seafood of all kinds has really been appealing to me recently. Wild caught sockeye is my favorite.

Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                            Don't give up on all of us. There are some of us "older Paleo guys" who can put the young guns to shame.
                            So, when were you planning a road trip south.....?

Comment

Re: cheese, whenever I buy a block of tasty Kerrygold Dubliner or some nice raw grassfed cheese, I just accept that I'm going to eat it all within an hour or two. It's pointless to keep it around; I just pick some up once or twice a week and eat it. Same with good 90% dark chocolate. It works for me.

Comment

Same here Mr. Anthony, I consider treats like these as single servings. Saves wrestling with my conscience, which doesn't burn fat or increase muscle.
                                Height: 5' 10"
                                Starting Weight: 292
                                Starting Primal Weight: 275
                                Current weight: 224
                                Goal weight: 172
                                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

Working...
                                X