• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock on Robin!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
      I was talking with my nutritionist about my boob problem ie they aren't shrinking! and he suggested cutting out dairy because of the hormones. so no milk cream and no more than 20g butter a day for me currently. I'll update you if I get any benefit.
      Interesting. Your nutritionist makes a good point. I don't have your problem at all. I rather like my perky barely Bs.
      You would probably be fine with ghee if you miss the butter.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Followed you're last journal silently and it was great, hope this ones the same, wishing you all the best.
      Don't watch a lot of drama, but I've become seriously addicted to both NCIS's, class viewing!
      Yes, during the summer TV doldrums I'm catching up on all the stuff I missed last season when I was too busy with Dad to watch.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      Hi Paleobird. It's very good to see you looking forward instead of back. I'll be checking in here to watch your new journey and see how it plays out. I'm sure it will be awesome.
      Thanks, Joanie. Onward!

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      This is the key point for a lot of folks who struggle. Everybody's got their own mountains to pass through, but it boils down to pretty simple concepts (both the way of eating & the sticking to it). Welcome back
      Doncha love it when someone starts complaining about "it doesn't work" and then, as the thread unfolds, it turns out they were only half assedly doing the plan in the first place.

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
      Thanks for that alcohol post. I need to reread it ever time the brat in me suggest a couple shots of tequila, which of course leads to a couple more!
      If it's not in the house, I won't drink it.

Originally posted by drjoyous View Post
      Congrats on the new journal, Paleobird! You are an inspiration for many of us. For me, you have a terrific balance of "try it and see if it works" backed by thoughtful reasoning along with an honesty about how life gets in the way. Your journal helps you, but it helps many of us as well!
      Thank you and welcome.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      Here's a journal warming gift for your new location, Robin! I'm looking forward to new adventures.
      BTW, when I was in San Diego I took your suggestion and went to the zoo, and to Rei Do Gado for dinner. Both excellent suggestions! Thanks!
      Thanks for the plant. It looks great with the curtains. I'm glad you had a good time in San Diego. If you ever get to stay longer look me up.

Originally posted by jacmac View Post
      ahh a new journal like opening a new book ,always satisfying
      Hiya, jacmac.

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
      Like your idea for the new journal. I'll be checking in from time to time. 20 libs huh, that's a good bit; hard to see how you did it as a carnivore, except of course for the restaurants and alcohol (and deserts) (and . . ).
      Always enjoy your journals. God, I wish I had a sense of humor.
      ...and not working out.

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      I like that the Phoenix takes Fight instead of Flight, much more aggressive. Something I'd expect from one of my favorite carnivores.
      OOOOOPS! That is totally a typo and I didn't notice it til you did. But now that you mention it, maybe I'll keep it that way. Rawr!

ETA:figured out how to fix that. You have to go into the "go advanced " section to change the title. I really did mean Flight not Fight. Freudian slip perhaps.

Hmph. It fixed it on the first page of the journal but the thread title stayed the same. Oh well, I guess I'm stuck with it.

Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
      Great to have a fresh start journal with new focus. Good luck with your new dedication. Be kind to yourself though, you have been through a rough time. Agreed alcohol can rarely be good though. I tend to use it mainly for yummy cooking, using, Port, red wine, white wine, calvados, brandy, rum and sometimes grand marnier.... makes the best sauces when you using it with ghee and/or coconut cream. I was personally very surprised when I did the initial whole 30, when I found I couldn't re-introduce dairy. I had no idea, I loved milk and all the products from. Turns out I have a casein allergy. Have you eliminated it before?
      Yes, I dropped the dairy completely when I first started paleo (2009). I'm not intolerant of it but it is too easy to overeat plus the suspected hormonal effect.

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
      Rock on Robin!
      Thanks. You have been making some great weight progress lately so I hear on the booze thread. Nice!
      Last edited by Paleobird; 07-15-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

It's heartwarming to hear about people taking care of their parents - I come from a culture where this is expected but in the United States it seems things can be quite different. Anyways good luck on your new journey!

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyorange View Post
          It's heartwarming to hear about people taking care of their parents - I come from a culture where this is expected but in the United States it seems things can be quite different. Anyways good luck on your new journey!
          It seems normal to me too but I know not everybody feels that way about their parents, some with good reason. I think what goes around comes around. If you raise your children right with lots of love they will *want* to take care of their parents as opposed to feeling obligated to do so.

Where are you from?

Comment

FWIW, I think you should consider going cougar once you're ready to get back on that particular horse. I know if I were unattached and a few thousand miles closer, I'd seriously consider putting in a boy toy application.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              FWIW, I think you should consider going cougar once you're ready to get back on that particular horse. I know if I were unattached and a few thousand miles closer, I'd seriously consider putting in a boy toy application.
              Awwww. That is just about the sweetest thing I have heard in a very long time.

And, if you were single and here, your application would be eagerly accepted.

I think going cougar might make sense in that all the guys my age seem to be falling apart at the seams. I need to find a young one who can keep up with me.

Comment

Well, wrap for the day:

Labne kefir cheese for brunch, ginger garlic salmon fillet for dinner.

Exercise, a long walk with the Wolf Cub which ended in a visit to the vet. He had split a claw back to the part that hurts. Poor baby.

Comment

Hello Paleobird,

I've been reading your other journals for a couple of days, and I find you really inspiring.

Hope you don't mind if I stop by from time to time!

Traveller.

Comment

Glad to see you made it back from your trip..... sorry it ended the way it did. Glad to see a new journal..... I look forward to luking here!

Comment

What's SWYPO?

Comment

Originally posted by ayumi View Post
                        What's SWYPO?
                        Sex With Your Pants On - i.e. Paleofying junk food and desserts. Da 'Bird don't do dat - she's HARDCORE!

*Waves to Paleobird*

Welcome back Robin! So sorry to hear about your relationship travails - glad you got safely out of it.

Good luck with your fresh start in your new digs. Looks like you've got lots of friendly guests dropping in to keep an eye on you and hold you accountable!
                        I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hello Paleobird,
                          Following you still in the shadows (and not in the creepy way!). I always seem to find some inspiration from your journaling. Please don't stop!
                          B2B
                          “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
                          ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
                          LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
                          CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Comment

I too have reached a place where alcohol hinders rather than helps, i think it is a natural place we come to as we get clean
                            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Paleobird,

I followed along in your second journal while you were taking care of your Dad. Though it is always sad, there was a great deal of beauty in the story as well. It reminded me of the last days of my Mom (ten years ago).

I'm all about new beginnings, which is why I often wake to see the sun rise. I look forward to reading more about this leg of the journey.
                              Height: 5' 10"
                              Starting Weight: 292
                              Starting Primal Weight: 275
                              Current weight: 224
                              Goal weight: 172
                              Body Fat 30.5

Comment

Oh, that's an interesting way to put it. Makes me think of a hot plate of brownies :P

Paleobird, I like how you wrote out your goals. Will be cheering you on!
                                Last edited by ayumi; 07-16-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X