Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
    Thanks for the link. Put up the curtains in here yet? *cranes her neck to look around*
    Yep, all moved in.

Wrap for the day:
    45 minute walk in the sun in minimal sundress (moving slowly and Vit D, check)
    Creme fraiche with blueberries for lunch
    bowl of exquisite chile for dinner
    Teeccino with a bit of coconut cream throughout the day

Off to get caught up on NCIS LA.

Comment

I seem to be naturally gravitating towards less alcohol. It just doesn't have the appeal it used to.
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
        I seem to be naturally gravitating towards less alcohol. It just doesn't have the appeal it used to.
        I think this may have to do with what the Whole 9 people were saying about alcohol interfering with glucose regulation and also causing gut dysbiosis.

Now that you have your glucose and guts well sorted out, the body objects more to having them messed with. Perhaps you just notice the negative effects more once you are at a "normal" that actually feels great.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          I think this may have to do with what the Whole 9 people were saying about alcohol interfering with glucose regulation and also causing gut dysbiosis.

Now that you have your glucose and guts well sorted out, the body objects more to having them messed with. Perhaps you just notice the negative effects more once you are at a "normal" that actually feels great.
          That could be it. We have been trying to eat more meat, veg, and fat instead of crap lately.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I was talking with my nutritionist about my boob problem ie they aren't shrinking! and he suggested cutting out dairy because of the hormones. so no milk cream and no more than 20g butter a day for me currently. I'll update you if I get any benefit.
            When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
            27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
            new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Hi PB

Followed you're last journal silently and it was great, hope this ones the same, wishing you all the best.

Don't watch a lot of drama, but I've become seriously addicted to both NCIS's, class viewing!

Comment

Hi Paleobird. It's very good to see you looking forward instead of back. I'll be checking in here to watch your new journey and see how it plays out. I'm sure it will be awesome.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  The plan works, I just haven't been working the plan. That changes now.
                  This is the key point for a lot of folks who struggle. Everybody's got their own mountains to pass through, but it boils down to pretty simple concepts (both the way of eating & the sticking to it).

Welcome back
                  Depression Lies

Comment

Thanks for that alcohol post. I need to reread it ever time the brat in me suggest a couple shots of tequila, which of course leads to a couple more!

Comment

Congrats on the new journal, Paleobird! You are an inspiration for many of us. For me, you have a terrific balance of "try it and see if it works" backed by thoughtful reasoning along with an honesty about how life gets in the way. Your journal helps you, but it helps many of us as well!

Comment

Here's a journal warming gift for your new location, Robin! I'm looking forward to new adventures.

BTW, when I was in San Diego I took your suggestion and went to the zoo, and to Rei Do Gado for dinner. Both excellent suggestions! Thanks!

Comment

ahh a new journal like opening a new book ,always satisfying
                          link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

Like your idea for the new journal. I'll be checking in from time to time. 20 libs huh, that's a good bit; hard to see how you did it as a carnivore, except of course for the restaurants and alcohol (and deserts) (and . . ).

Always enjoy your journals. God, I wish I had a sense of humor.
                            "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

I like that the Phoenix takes Fight instead of Flight, much more aggressive. Something I'd expect from one of my favorite carnivores.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Great to have a fresh start journal with new focus. Good luck with your new dedication. Be kind to yourself though, you have been through a rough time. Agreed alcohol can rarely be good though. I tend to use it mainly for yummy cooking, using, Port, red wine, white wine, calvados, brandy, rum and sometimes grand marnier.... makes the best sauces when you using it with ghee and/or coconut cream. I was personally very surprised when I did the initial whole 30, when I found I couldn't re-introduce dairy. I had no idea, I loved milk and all the products from. Turns out I have a casein allergy. Have you eliminated it before?
                                Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                                Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                                Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Working...
                                X