Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
    Oh good boy. He sounds on the mend. I know when Olivia comes home from a wiggly walk and she wants a treat, she is so okay.
    Wiggly walk! That's a good way to put it.

Originally posted by mjh365 View Post
    Nice!!!!! Glad to hear he may be coming out it.
    Yeah, I think he's on the mend. No more barfing and he slept with me last night.

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Funny how we all are so glad to hear your buddy's better. Almost like he was one of our own family

That reminds me, I need to pull a beef liver out of the freezer for my guys this morning. I lucked out and a friend gave me like 20-30 lbs of grass fed that's been in her freezer for almost a year and she needed to make room for a new meat delivery. Score!
    Also on the dog front, there was a guy giving out samples of a new grain free grass fed dog food and treats at Sprouts ths week. They are out of Bouder CO and have things like grass fed cow ears and venison jerky treats too. My furry girl stole the raw turkey dehydrated food sample off the counter and ate it dry ( it's supposed to be mixed with hot water to make a porridge ) so it must be really yummy stuff. She rarely is so naughty!
    The Primal Wolf Cub is the unofficial tribe mascot. I took him to Primalcon2011 and he was the recipient of much lovin' and table scraps.

I feel fortunate to have a whole store here in downtown SD specializing in only all natural pet foods. That's where I get his grain free potato free kibble and liver treats.

Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Glad to hear he is doing better, hope it continues today It is pretty upsetting when they are off isn't it? mine are thoroughly spoiled, little snuggle buns.
    Yes. When his tail is not wagging, I'm not happy either. Thing are looking up today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      Wiggly walk! That's a good way to put it

Yes. When his tail is not wagging, I'm not happy either. Thing are looking up today.
      She loves her walks and wiggles the entire time. :0) Glad wolf cub is better.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• We got out for a park walk today and then he helped me eat a 1lb package of US Wellness Meats Braunschweiger. I also noshed my way through a 1lb bag of those mini bell peppers in the pretty colors. Didn't much feel like cooking.

I'm feeling so relieved. When we went out walking he had his puppy bounce back in his step.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post

I'm feeling so relieved. When we went out walking he had his puppy bounce back in his step.
          Glad to hear. Sick pets are so worrying. As somebody else said, it would be so much easier if they could just tell you what's wrong.
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
            Glad to hear. Sick pets are so worrying. As somebody else said, it would be so much easier if they could just tell you what's wrong.
            Yep, pediatrics and veterinary medicine are very similar in that regard. Things are looking good today. He woke me up with his normal exuberant face licking. The tail is wagging again and all is right with the world.

In other MDA news, has anybody noticed that Grizz is back with a new thread in the "resources" section all about the long ago debunked myth of alkaline diets? It's a giggle. He's found his next crusade.

Comment

• Glad to hear about the pooch. I've been not posting here while he was sick because I feel like I'm sort of bad luck around sick creatures.

Now that he's better, I can breathe a sigh of relief, and give a loud, Yay!!!
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Glad to hear about the pooch. I've been not posting here while he was sick because I feel like I'm sort of bad luck around sick creatures.

Now that he's better, I can breathe a sigh of relief, and give a loud, Yay!!!
                Awww, Joanie. You could never be anything but good luck.

Have you seen Grizz's new thread? you would find it amusing.

Comment

• I just read it. It's a good chuckle. I'm not a big fan of measuring my waste products. I figure my body operates smoothly almost always. Since I ingest different things on different days, and I'm expending different energy and dealing with different stresses on different days, my guess/intuition is that things like my sweat, breath, urine, and feces will be different on different days to help maintain the homeostasis of the system I call my health.

And I'd much rather eat nori than to paint my labia (analogous to scrotum I believe) with anything. LMAO.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    I just read it. It's a good chuckle. I'm not a big fan of measuring my waste products. I figure my body operates smoothly almost always. Since I ingest different things on different days, and I'm expending different energy and dealing with different stresses on different days, my guess/intuition is that things like my sweat, breath, urine, and feces will be different on different days to help maintain the homeostasis of the system I call my health.

And I'd much rather eat nori than to paint my labia (analogous to scrotum I believe) with anything. LMAO.
                    Yep, Grizz has changed obsessions from iodine to Ph but he has kept the same quack doctor filling his ear with nonsense. It's so tempting to poke him with a stick just for fun but it's almost too easy. The proverbial fish in a barrel.

Comment

• Yep, saw Grizz's new topic today-thought you would be amused too....at least it's something other than iodine...

Comment

• Geeee... maybe he could take a massive dose of iodine to fix that Ph problem.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• wait wait wait. . . you guys don't paint your labia and measure your waste products?

i thought that was essential to primal.

Comment

• I don't think I'll get a satisfactory response to my inquiries in that thread. Also, Brownstein is a joke profiting off gullible people and makes a mockery of alternative health. It's the same reason I have to see a wave of useless herbs when browsing through health stores.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by drheather View Post
                              Yep, saw Grizz's new topic today-thought you would be amused too....at least it's something other than iodine...
                              Oh, it's his latest and greatest. probably won't be the last.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              Geeee... maybe he could take a massive dose of iodine to fix that Ph problem.
                              <snort>

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                              wait wait wait. . . you guys don't paint your labia and measure your waste products?
                              i thought that was essential to primal.
                              Absolutely essential.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              I don't think I'll get a satisfactory response to my inquiries in that thread. Also, Brownstein is a joke profiting off gullible people and makes a mockery of alternative health. It's the same reason I have to see a wave of useless herbs when browsing through health stores.
                              Yes Brownstein is a total quack. Now why you can't see the same thing about somebody else........I don't know.

You know I still love you though, right?

Comment

• Look, my burger is having an avocado facial mask!

Photo on 2013-08-10 at 17.07 #2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X