No announcement yet.

Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick!! Somebody put up a link to YouTube of KC & the Sunshine Band playing "Please Don't Go", just because I don't yet know how...!

(not meant in any creepy way, PB, it is what popped into my head at 4 a.m.)
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• here you go...
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanks much!
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Hi Paleobird,

Just wanted to say hello and that I enjoy your posts and learning about your experience with ketosis. Keep posting, please

Comment

• Originally posted by girlhk View Post
            Hi Paleobird,

Just wanted to say hello and that I enjoy your posts and learning about your experience with ketosis. Keep posting, please
            +100

Comment

• Lately I just drop in to this forum to keep an eye on the journals of my favourite peeps like Paleobird and Gay Panda - I don't bother with the Today's Posts stuff any more. No time for all the arguments about minutiae. I have to say I ldo ike the way this forum is set out; it's easy to read and follow threads and format your answers, etc. Wish some of the other forums (fora?) I visit could be as user-friendly.
              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                ..... sniff, sniff... wipe wipe......
                Awwwww, doc. Iwuvyutu.

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                if you leave, we need to be on facebook together. *need*
                Sorry I don't have a facebook page. Biggest waste of time ever invented IMO.

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                There's giving up on the forum, which pretty much I have done, and then there's giving up on individual (and individuals') threads, which I resolutely refuse to do. No point battling with peeps, you'll never change their mind (if they even have functioning higher organs - I sometimes find myself doubting this).
                Yeah, I know I am never going to "convince" one of the sugar bees. I just have this protective urge to keep newbies from getting mislead.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                Can I join the please don't go party, please? It would be tragedy if you departed.
                They 'Peaters' may be an irritant, but I'm sure a girl as strong as yourself can put them to one side and just ignore um, I do!
                And if they want to suck that shit up, let um, leaves more proper chow for us....
                That's true.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                Quick!! Somebody put up a link to YouTube of KC & the Sunshine Band playing "Please Don't Go", just because I don't yet know how...
                (not meant in any creepy way, PB, it is what popped into my head at 4 a.m.)
                Hah! Cute. Thank you.

Originally posted by girlhk View Post
                Hi Paleobird,
                Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                +100
                Awwwww, you guys are so sweet.

Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                Lately I just drop in to this forum to keep an eye on the journals of my favourite peeps like Paleobird and Gay Panda - I don't bother with the Today's Posts stuff any more. No time for all the arguments about minutiae. I have to say I ldo ike the way this forum is set out; it's easy to read and follow threads and format your answers, etc. Wish some of the other forums (fora?) I visit could be as user-friendly.
                And I would not want it to be a forum where anybody who voices dissent gets banned. That leads to the echo chamber effect, places like ZIOH, eating nothing but CAFO steak and water and trying to convince each other they feel great.

Comment

• Well that one Peat thread kind of self destructed into a morass of libertarianism/feminatzis/circumcision type of topics. They can't even argue properly. They must all have ADHD from too much sugar.

Comment

• Speaking of sugar, I realized yesterday that I hadn't had ice cream in...I dunno, probably since last summer. I found a pint of organic ice cream with a really good ingredients list (SHORT, all organic) and ate it. Madagascar vanilla bean flavor. Really really tasty. And I think the whole pint had something like 50g of sugar in it. I don't feel bad about it at all; it was a delicious treat. But it's also not a dietary staple. I just do great on meat, fat, veggies, tubers and fruits. And some dark chocolate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Well that one Peat thread kind of self destructed into a morass of libertarianism/feminatzis/circumcision type of topics. They can't even argue properly. They must all have ADHD from too much sugar.
                      Hehehe... give 'em enough rope...
                      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• I always enjoy your posts. I do think that the Peat stuff has to be really confusing to newbies in particular. It is one thing starting threads about other diets and their pros/cons, but quite another I think, to be answering questions to newbies and people who could do with some help about Mark's diet on his forum advocating a different way of eating. We are here primarily for Primal
                        Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                        Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                        Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                          Speaking of sugar, I realized yesterday that I hadn't had ice cream in...I dunno, probably since last summer. I found a pint of organic ice cream with a really good ingredients list (SHORT, all organic) and ate it. Madagascar vanilla bean flavor. Really really tasty. And I think the whole pint had something like 50g of sugar in it. I don't feel bad about it at all; it was a delicious treat. But it's also not a dietary staple. I just do great on meat, fat, veggies, tubers and fruits. And some dark chocolate.
                          Sure, for a young active stud such as yourself, that is not a problem. It is a once in awhile indulgence that you can handle. Peat teaches tha ice cream is a health food. That's different.

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                          Hehehe... give 'em enough rope...
                          Yup. I like your sig, BTW.

Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
                          I always enjoy your posts. I do think that the Peat stuff has to be really confusing to newbies in particular. It is one thing starting threads about other diets and their pros/cons, but quite another I think, to be answering questions to newbies and people who could do with some help about Mark's diet on his forum advocating a different way of eating. We are here primarily for Primal
                          What bothers me is that the whole point of ANCESTRAL health is getting lost. We can argue about macro ratios til the grass fed cows come home as long as we are all talking about whole foods.

When aspirin, progesterone oil, large amounts of caffeine, half your calories as dairy, and refined sugar start being touted as essential for health, we have wandered way too far from the message.

Comment

• It's interesting. Over the last 6 months, I've really contained my online time. Forums are a serious time-suck, too. I contained my visits to about 30 minutes, hitting the journals that I like and any other threads that interest me. I then contained my visits to facebook to an hour -- usually 15 minute bursts, but i keep it up in case someone "pings!" me to chat. I also decided to only visit my favorite blogs -- so I do that once a week on Friday afternoons for a few hours. It's quite a nice way to read and relax. like reading magazines.

I love FB because it is a great way for me to stay in contact with friends/family. I mostly keep it on all day so that people can "ping!" me to chat, and otherwise just do a scroll at the end of the day to see the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                              It's interesting. Over the last 6 months, I've really contained my online time. Forums are a serious time-suck, too. I contained my visits to about 30 minutes, hitting the journals that I like and any other threads that interest me. I then contained my visits to facebook to an hour -- usually 15 minute bursts, but i keep it up in case someone "pings!" me to chat. I also decided to only visit my favorite blogs -- so I do that once a week on Friday afternoons for a few hours. It's quite a nice way to read and relax. like reading magazines.

I love FB because it is a great way for me to stay in contact with friends/family. I mostly keep it on all day so that people can "ping!" me to chat, and otherwise just do a scroll at the end of the day to see the news.
                              Yep, the whole internet can be a wonderful tool or a giant time and energy black hole. It's all in how you use it and control it.

Comment

• What bothers me is that the whole point of ANCESTRAL health is getting lost. We can argue about macro ratios til the grass fed cows come home as long as we are all talking about whole foods.

When aspirin, progesterone oil, large amounts of caffeine, half your calories as dairy, and refined sugar start being touted as essential for health, we have wandered way too far from the message.
                                As always, an astute observation. Or in board vernacular: +1
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X