Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paleobird : The Phoenix Takes Fight Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice haircut, PB!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

    Comment


    • Love the 'do!
      Depression Lies

      Comment


      • Yeah for 6 years! Here's to 60 more!

        Great new pic!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tomi View Post
          Yeah for 6 years! Here's to 60 more!

          Great new pic!
          +1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tomi View Post
            Yeah for 6 years! Here's to 60 more!

            Great new pic!
            + 100000
            Started Feb 18 2011

            Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

            Journalling here

            Comment


            • Nice new picture! I might be inspired to change mine if I can remember how...?
              Breathe. Move forward.

              I just eat what I want...

              Comment


              • Oh and PS: thanks for the tip about the meet ups! There are tons! Several look like things I might really like. I'm gonna try and be brave and go do a walk/hike up one of the canyons where a group goes on Friday nights.
                Breathe. Move forward.

                I just eat what I want...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                  Nice haircut, PB!
                  Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  Love the 'do!
                  Thanks, I did it myself. I just can't stand having hair flailing in my eyes.

                  Originally posted by tomi View Post
                  Yeah for 6 years! Here's to 60 more!
                  Great new pic!
                  Thanks, Tomi. Feels good not to have to think about it for another year.

                  Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                  +1
                  Originally posted by Jac View Post
                  + 100000
                  Thanks, guys.

                  Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                  Nice new picture! I might be inspired to change mine if I can remember how...?
                  Aha! You evidently did. Now we have a pic of you instead of the dog.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                    Oh and PS: thanks for the tip about the meet ups! There are tons! Several look like things I might really like. I'm gonna try and be brave and go do a walk/hike up one of the canyons where a group goes on Friday nights.
                    That sounds like fun. It is easier to get out, especially being female and not significantly othered, if you have a group to go with. Safety in numbers.

                    This evening I went with an urban hiking group that meets right in my downtown neighborhood. We did a good 7 or so mile walk at a brisk pace around the central park and back. The Wolf Cub had a grand time. I met a really nice lady about my age who lives just a few blocks from me. She said she would love to go out dancing more but not as a single female so we talked about tearing up the town some evenings.

                    ETA : I just worked the route out on the sparkpeople map app and it was more like 8.5 miles. That was a goodly hike.
                    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-29-2013, 09:58 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Hey Sexaaaay! Looking fiiiiiiiiine.

                      I want to thank you for the meetup.com rec too - who knew there were so many interesting groups in my locale! Now the trouble is choosing...
                      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

                      Oscar Wilde

                      Comment


                      • In regards to meet up groups, make sure the one you pick has stuff to do when you are available or that they are a very active group and plan stuff in your area. I belong to several. I only do stuff with one as the others are either inactive or plan stuff far away or at times I can't go. This seems obvious, but I never thought about it as I joined all these groups. Most have a small fee as they have to pay meet up.com for the site, but they should also let you hang out with them a bit before insisting that you pay.

                        Comment


                        • I really like your new pic, PB. It is my favorite of the ones you have had since I came aboard. I really like nice smiles.

                          Now all I have to do is get with computer-geek hubby and figure out how to put up an avatar of my own. But it won't be a pic, tho - still guarding my anonymity mostly.
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

                          Comment


                          • Gorgeous picture
                            Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                            Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                            Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                              Hey Sexaaaay! Looking fiiiiiiiiine.
                              I want to thank you for the meetup.com rec too - who knew there were so many interesting groups in my locale! Now the trouble is choosing...
                              Thanks, Sigi. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the possibilities too. I could have more stuff to do than there are hours in the day if I wanted to.

                              Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                              In regards to meet up groups, make sure the one you pick has stuff to do when you are available or that they are a very active group and plan stuff in your area. I belong to several. I only do stuff with one as the others are either inactive or plan stuff far away or at times I can't go. This seems obvious, but I never thought about it as I joined all these groups. Most have a small fee as they have to pay meet up.com for the site, but they should also let you hang out with them a bit before insisting that you pay.
                              Right, One hiking group looked interesting but their stuff is all up toward the north end of SD county. I haven't found any that ask for money up front. Some ask for money for a specific event which is understandable.

                              Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                              I really like your new pic, PB. It is my favorite of the ones you have had since I came aboard. I really like nice smiles.
                              Now all I have to do is get with computer-geek hubby and figure out how to put up an avatar of my own. But it won't be a pic, tho - still guarding my anonymity mostly.
                              Thank you. It's in the "forum actions" tab. Then "general settings".

                              Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
                              Gorgeous picture
                              Thank you.

                              Comment


                              • So, yesterday I had a totally MDA free day and it was delightful. I went for a Loooooog hike with yet another meet up group.

                                This evening I a coffee shop and walk first date with someone I met on the eharmony site. He seems really nice but he may be a tad too Type A for me (comments about getting up at 6:30 and having back to back meeting scheduled all day, then piano lessons, then a workout, then seeing me) hmmmm. We'll see.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X