GrayCat's True Colors - My Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    How are you getting on with the gelatine? I think it suppresses appetite btw!
    I was just about to type this in reply to batty's post. I'm at two packets a day (with milk and sugar) I do think the gelatin suppresses my appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by brooke.S. View Post
      That is so sad. Does she feel bad alot? Does she have a normal life other than having surgeries and doctors visits and such?

I've been dealing with health issues since diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 3. I have no doubt that my life would be very, very different I didn't have T1 diabetes. I guess everyone has their own battles in life. It still sucks all the same though.

It's so kind of you to help financially as you can! I wonder how hard it would be to arrange a 5k to benefit her? That would be right up your alley since you like to run.
      See, they live quite a distance away, but from my conversatio with my SIL and another relative, the girl has jaundice like tint to her skin and her tummy is swollen. She is currently hospitalized, but luckily except for the schedule Dr. visits, a normal kid's lifestyle prior to the rejection.
      I don't know how the logistics for a 5K fund raiser would work, considering the location, but I'm definitely going to look into that.
      So sorry to hear about the T1 ~~~~hugs~~~

Originally posted by ombat View Post
      I'm very sorry about your niece. I agree that children deal with these things better than adults do. Yoyo, therefore wouldn't you think this has more to do with the parents' accumulated energy rather than the child's? Meaning, having a sick child is the parents' lot in life rather than being sick is the child's issue? Just a thought. Anyway, I hope they are managing any pain she is in.
      I was thinking something along these lines too. Altho Yoyo's theory sounds very interesting. I just got to go back and read it again. Coffee was awful this morning.

Re: Peatarian, I have noticed the same thing being strict with Zach's diet (which is similar). More energy and naturally eating less. My theory is that we're actually assimilating nutrients on this diet and therefore don't need as much? I'unno.
      Whatever it is, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Less eating = feeling better = losing fat = less cooking = less $ spent on food LoL. It's a win-win-win-win.....situation for me.

Comment

I'm pissed at myself tonight. Had a wonderful day. Worked out in the morning than put on a nice dress that I was only able to wear years ago at my thinnest and it fit almost perfect. Met with some friends and we hang out at an outdoor park/shopping mall in town.
        Then came back home and was ravenous. I ate nice dinner, than after I was comfortably full I also ate chocolate and then hot chocolate with milk and honey. Ugh!
        I always feel that when I know I'm doing good diet-wise and on a good roll, then I somehow have to sabotage myself by overeating!! This has been my pattern of behavior in the past. I would lose weight, feel better about myself, and then it will give me a permission to become lenient about my diet and exercise. This has got to stop.
        Last edited by Graycat; 07-19-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about you niece. ((HUGS)) I really pray they're able to help her.

Secondly, don't beat yourself up too much about this! People have 'cheat days' and remember you're in one of your skinniest dresses! You done an amazing thing by getting where you want to be weight/health wise.
          Don't be too harsh with yourself.
          Because you sound awesome!

~ Jen
          The ridiculous, hilarious, sometimes infuriating and frustrating journal of one woman trying to feed a family caveman style.
          "It Takes A Village"
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread90638.html

"Canadian cavemen could have eaten poutine.."

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
            I'm pissed at myself tonight. Had a wonderful day. Worked out in the morning than put on a nice dress that I was only able to wear years ago at my thinnest and it fit almost perfect. Met with some friends and we hang out at an outdoor park/shopping mall in town.
            Then came back home and was ravenous. I ate nice dinner, than after I was comfortably full I also ate chocolate and then hot chocolate with milk and honey. Ugh!
            I always feel that when I know I'm doing good diet-wise and on a good roll, then I somehow have to sabotage myself by overeating!! This has been my pattern of behavior in the past. I would lose weight, feel better about myself, and then it will give me a permission to become lenient about my diet and exercise. This has got to stop.
            You know, I have a theory that the body doesn't like change, and it wants to stay a certain weight! You haven't been eating much lately - maybe your body wanted to play catch up?

Don't feel bad about it. I honestly think that if you want to be a certain weight, you have to allow yourself indulgences! The weight will come off more slowly, but it means there are fewer fluctuations cos you lose the "fuck-it-i've-already-messed-up" attitude.
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Don't beat yourself up. One instance of falling off the wagon makes no difference overall. When you fall down, just get up again. It will happen over and over. It doesn't matter what you ate last night, or an hour ago. The wagon is rolling slowly enough that you can just jump back on.

Seriously, one night of overeating doesn't derail everything.
              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, everyone!

Yep yesterday's event (I wouldn't even call it overeating even - being no more than 400 calories, more like unnecessary eating when I wasn't even hungry) was triggered by a combination of factors : not eating adequate amount of food for quite sometime because of lack of appetite, heavier than normal exercise, first day of my period, and feeling better about my appearance.
                You know like when people "reward" themselves after losing weight by having some stupid indulgence. "Yeah, let's go to an all you can eat pizza buffet, I deserve a break".

Anyway, today I had a nice run, showered and I'm about to head out for some grocery shopping.

p.s. there might be some good progress soon on my little niece's situation

p.p.s. here is the dress I wore yesterday. It's a thin denim material. I hope it's obscure enough, hahaha

Comment

I seem to do this same thing too. I hate it. This past Thursday I was feeling and looking skinnier... Then I went and indulged at dinner! It might have been a combo of stress from worrying about the possibility of PCOS. But anyhow... The next day the scale was up 5lbs! I know it's water but still!!

I agree with YogaBare. It's about weight set point. Unfortunately for me, mine seems to be 141 instead of the 132-135 that it used to be. :/

Sorry for the rant on your journal. Lol
                  Just wanted you to know you're not alone!

Comment

Yep yesterday's event (I wouldn't even call it overeating even - being no more than 400 calories, more like unnecessary eating when I wasn't even hungry) was triggered by a combination of factors : not eating adequate amount of food for quite sometime because of lack of appetite, heavier than normal exercise, first day of my period, and feeling better about my appearance.
                    You know like when people "reward" themselves after losing weight by having some stupid indulgence. "Yeah, let's go to an all you can eat pizza buffet, I deserve a break".

Anyway, today I had a nice run, showered and I'm about to head out for some grocery shopping.
                    You know, I'm finding exercise really alleviates my stress about eating. I overindulged yesterday, but tomorrow I'll go to the gym and feel good again And, as you said: it wasn't much an an indulgence.

Just make sure you don't drop your calories too much because you'll start to move into crash diet terrain then, and after a while your body will take control again.

You look great in the pic!
                    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by brooke.S. View Post
                      I seem to do this same thing too. I hate it. This past Thursday I was feeling and looking skinnier... Then I went and indulged at dinner! It might have been a combo of stress from worrying about the possibility of PCOS. But anyhow... The next day the scale was up 5lbs! I know it's water but still!!

Sorry for the rant on your journal. Lol
                      Just wanted you to know you're not alone!
                      I would suggest hiding your scale. I haven't weighed myself in a year and a half now. I'm toying with the idea of doing is some time soon after my TOM.
                      And rant away I'm sure doing a good job of setting the tone for it. hahaha

You know, I'm finding exercise really alleviates my stress about eating. I overindulged yesterday, but tomorrow I'll go to the gym and feel good again And, as you said: it wasn't much an an indulgence.
                      I feel that there is a fine line between exercising for the sake of feeling good and toning your body, and exercising to burn off that last night's indulgence. I feel that so far I have not stepped into an ED territory and intend to keep it that way. As to:

Just make sure you don't drop your calories too much because you'll start to move into crash diet terrain then, and after a while your body will take control again
                      Yea, part of "going with the flow" attitude I adopted sometime shortly after you started your journal, and that whole "women who eat more" thread. Anyway, those two mda events have somehow marked a turnaround attitude in me towards anything and everything regarding nutrition. The I don't give a f^ck anymore attitude. YaY!!! I'm just going with the flow now........

You look great in the pic!
                      <3 I thought that A-line was making my hips seem wider, but after a second immediately dismissed that thought.

Comment

*wolf whistles* Nice pic! Glad to hear there might be good news in regards to your niece
                        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

I feel that there is a fine line between exercising for the sake of feeling good and toning your body, and exercising to burn off that last night's indulgence. I feel that so far I have not stepped into an ED territory and intend to keep it that way.
                          It's a good point - for the first time ever, I can see how exercise could be an unhealthy addiction. In my case it's helping because it's allowing me to relax even more about food. I can see myself building muscle, and feel how my workouts are improving. and I know that I need this food for energy, and to help my body get stronger.

Yea, part of "going with the flow" attitude I adopted sometime shortly after you started your journal, and that whole "women who eat more" thread. Anyway, those two mda events have somehow marked a turnaround attitude in me towards anything and everything regarding nutrition. The I don't give a f^ck anymore attitude. YaY!!! I'm just going with the flow now........
                          That's really inspiring, and I'm very happy to read it! I know I'm always moaning about my bf% but I've given up dieting too. I just eat what I want now: and the foods are want are the ones that make me feel good! Losing gluten, and now starch from my diet were the best moves I ever made.

<3 I thought that A-line was making my hips seem wider, but after a second immediately dismissed that thought.
                          I have a preoccupation with my hips too! But no, yours look great Has hubby commented on how well you're looking?

- Ray Peat

Comment

You look fantastic! It is so much fun to fit into clothes again, isn't it?
                            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Has hubby commented on how well you're looking?
                              It's funny you asked YoYoBare, he never really comments much on y appearance. When I was really overweight he'd go the roundabout way addressing it, as in : "have you weighed yourself lately just to see whether it's going up or down?" " Let's go for a run or let's play tennis" I hated exercise so much back then.
                              Now he makes funny comments about me eating too many bananas and how I'll grow a tail soon. Even more so after I recently complained of slight pain in my tail bone and later told him I got the urge to climb a tree
                              But, overall he's made it clear that it doesn't matter to him as long I'm well and healthy.

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                              You look fantastic! It is so much fun to fit into clothes again, isn't it?
                              I luv closet shopping sooooo much! I'm glad that I could never bring myself to get rid of some of my nicer "skinny" clothes. There are some good and relatively expensive tailored pants and denim skirts that would never go out of style.

Comment

Originally posted by ombat View Post
                                *wolf whistles* Nice pic! Glad to hear there might be good news in regards to your niece
                                Hey Om, TY
                                They will be operating on the 18th.

I'm very upset tonight. Sorry for being so vague, but someone took advantage of a situation and dishonestly, but yet legally caused me to lose money. So here. I hope it catches up with them eventually and bites them in the ass big time!

Life goes on....siiiiiigh.....

Edit: yeah, forgot to mention. Lots of emotional distress too.
                                Last edited by Graycat; 07-24-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X