No announcement yet.

Eating my way to Health and Energy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you eat something fermented at every meal? Do you do it yourself?

Love making tuna salad, so many things I can sneak in there, from chopped veggies to nuts and seeds
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

@demuralist - We try to eat something fermented and bone broth at every meal - that is part of the GAPS diet. All the probiotics help with gut healing. We typically only remember 2/3 meals though. I do make my own ferments, but I'm by no means an expert. My lacto pickles are not nearly as good as the Bubbie's brand, so I buy those and ration them out to the kids and then put cuke slices in the jars and re-ferment them for use when we don't need whole pickles. The sauerkraut I make - super easy. I usually buy kimchi as we don't use as much.

I'm not a huge tuna salad fan - I much prefer chicken. I was actually noticing that I did not feel well today after eating the tuna ?? Hope that is not going to be an issue!

Today went pretty well - ate breakfast and lunch as planned, but for dinner we switched it up and had chicken wings and veggies cooked in broth. The kids were STARVING all afternoon. We hit Six Flags until 2 and then they had swim practice (last one!) at 6 so they ate like little savages. We went through 5 lbs of wings and I only had 6 and DH only had 10!

Not looking forward to the kids going through grain/sugar withdrawals. J (older son) was a major PITA today, alternated between sullen, angry and crying. I shudder to think what his teen attitude is going to be if this is only 11.

I completely forgot to stop by the farm and buy eggs today. Guess breakfast will be a little sparse tomorrow unless I wake up early enough to run over there.

Super tired - slept very poorly last night - it was like I'd fall asleep and then wake up 10 minutes later ... over and over. Hoping exhaustion means I'm be asleep super fast tonight.

We have eye therapy, chiropractor visit, cello and violin lessons and I need to stop by Whole Foods tomorrow. I am also way behind on laundry and J is going to "cousin camp" at my mom and dad's on Wednesday so I've got to get the laundry done. Everything the kids took camping is filthy. I need to ask my sister if she let them roll around in the mud!

Plan for tomorrow:
      breakfast: sausage, veggies, sauerkraut/kimchee, FCLO
      lunch: leftover pulled pork, cut veggies and fruit, coconut flour muffins?
      dinner: lamb chops, butternut squash, green beans
      snacks: fruit, cut veggies
      Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

Comment

I would not be good at the GAPS then, as I cannot do anything at every meal, just not that organized.

Do you do foods that are "like" the foods J will be missing? I have done a "pizza casserole" with just cheese and pizza toppings and veggies and you could add eggs, but no grains or noodles and it was quite good. You could do things like that so he wouldn't miss the flavors so much.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Funny - I only managed to remember the fermented foods once today! But is had been a crazy day and not a very successful one.

Mainly J just likes to whine. His favorite foods are meat and veggies - he doesn't even like rice! We've come to the agreement that he can eat beans and potatoes though so that should help. Pizza casserole sounds great - will have to make it when P (can't have cheese) is not around!

Well, I didn't get my one post in for today (since it is after midnight and I need to be in bed). I don't know what I did to my foot, but it feels like one of the bones in the top of my foot is broken Felt fine until about 7 pm and now it is swollen and black and blue and really hurts to stand on. I haven't fallen or anything so I cannot figure out what is going on.

Food for today:

sausage & cauliflower
          london broil, butternut squash & zucchini
          pulled pork, butternut squash & butter beans
          Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

Comment

that is hilarious that beans and potatoes are enough to make him happy! Well not the potatoes so much as the beans.

Sorry (and weird) about your foot, hope when you woke up this morning it was just as miraculously healed.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

Where did you go? Hope all is well.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

Working...
              X