No announcement yet.

Tandy's Playful Primal Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the stevia thing was another author but I thought it was Mark. So many different messages.

Too tired for breakfast

Green tea and water

Staff meeting: coffee cake and mini pumpkin muffins.

Bleh. Why did I do that. And then I had a piece of chocolate (non approved) on top of it. Bbl
    "I came to live out loud!" -Emile Zola

Comment

Lunch: salami from the farm ( no preservatives, grass fed). Raw organic baby carrots, celery, and lettuce. Lime Perrier.

Caffeine free Diet Pepsi. Not only that but I'm fighting cravings for french fries or a more interesting meal. I've just been cooking meat and eating it with vegetables. Not using recipes or anything. Maybe I'm just bored with my food and am craving something more interesting. Maybe. I feel my resolve weakening and I'm feeling a little defeated.

Comment

Dinner: non-approved really bad dinner. And dessert. End of story. I am feeling so frustrated with myself. Up until now, it hasn't been THIS difficult to stay on track. I am really entertaining the thought that I am just bored with my food. I like going to restaurants and ordering whatever I like. It feels fun. So, maybe I am just getting bored. I hope my new cookbook comes soon. And I am going to start following recipes at least twice per week instead of just heating up a piece of meat/fish and a vegetable.

I also feel like I'm getting sick. When I am sick, I tend to crave carbs. I have been super tired all day and think my body is trying to fight off whatever bug my partner has had this week.

I parked on the top floor of a parking stucture and walked up and down 4 flights of stairs instead of taking the elevator. I also parked at the furthest point from the door. Bonus: NO one else was parked there so there's not a chance that someone will ding into my car with their door.

Good night.

Comment

I watched "Fat Head" and am feeling a little better about my dinner. It is becoming more clear to me that my issues surrounding food have a lot to do with my attitudes toward food and myself. No use beating myself up for not complying 100%. I will get back on track and stay that way. It is kind of a checks and balance in itself that I feel better when I eat approved foods.

Comment

I did well at breakfast. We went to see "The Heat" and had popcorn, soda, and dark raisinets. Then was dinner at Hunter House slider place. Not at all good. Ice cream at Coldstone.

As I am writing and struggling, I am realizing that I feel a lot of guilt surrounding my bad choices. It's hard to write about them here. I am trying to be 100% honest with myself so I can do this thing for good. I want a lifestyle that I can stick with the rest of my life. It's been really up and down. Lately, down.

We walked 12 flights of stairs in the parking garage at the movie theater. Both down and up. That's good. I was belabored in my breathing when I got to the top. I just kept going really fast and not stopping. It was like a sprint I think.

Picked up some food from the farmer's today. I just love that. Love it. The kelbasa and sour kraut that I made the other day is still sitting in the fridge since we've been eating out so much. I am going to have some for breakfast.

Birthday party tomorrow. These events are also challenging. Meeting with friends at a sushi place on Sunday. I feel like giving it up for the weekend and starting again on Monday. Is that all or nothing thinking? Maybe just keeping the non-approved foods to a minimum is okay. Hell, what am I thinking? Look at me. Sorry if you came to this page for inspiration. You are not going to find it right now. I need some inspiration myself.

I got "Primal Cravings" cookbook today. I think that's going to be super helpful. It looks completely awesome and has some really good info. in it.

Comment

Sorry to read that you have been having some problems staying on track. I think the best thing to do is just get back on track as fast as you can. Change is not easy so we will backslide a little in the beginning. I think the cookbook was a great idea. I ordered a couple myself and I plan to try out a couple of new recipes this weekend.

good luck to you and keep working towards your goals.

Comment

Thank you, Jeapa.

I've been reading some other journals. That also helps.

Something that I have not said yet is that I have been taking psychotropic medications for 16 years and started seeing a holisitic doctor to see what I could do while I am trying to go off of them. I have had success with anxiety reduction from eating primal. When I introduce non-approved foods, my anxiety comes back. Time outdoors helps with anxiety. Sleeping at 68 degrees helps me sleep. The whole lifestyle seems to be proving really well for my mental health. but then I keep going off track. And then the anxiety comes back and I feel not as good. It's like why am I sabatoging myself like this?

Comment

Eggs. Bacon. Broccoli. Latte raw milk and stevia organic decaf espresso. Water. Supplements. Doing well. Birthday party today. Not sure what I will eat but I'm feeling strong today so far. Menses is over so maybe that's why.

Comment

pizza and cake. blah. that's it for the day. I don't know how i could possibly eat anything else.

I'm still feeling sick so i'm not getting much activity.

Comment

45 minute stroll around the neighborhood. Barefoot for half the time and the 5fingers for the other half. I am feeling more in control and may eat dinner. The kielbasa and sauerkraut that I made the other day.

It's a little cooler today so we opened the windows back up and that feels great.

Comment

Approved strawberry waffles with raw whipped cream from my new cookbook Primal Cravings. Yummy. It really helped me to enjoy something I was craving while still keeping to approved foods. I think this cookbook is really going to help. 1 espresso decaf. Water and supplements. I'm off to a good start. And I am so happy that my partner is on this journey with me. It helps that we can support each other.

Comment

At sushi restaurant with friends: pork and Chinese vegetables. The pork was in a sugary sauce. Then we had ice cream at Cold Stone. Lots of sugar. Not too many carbs. 2 mile walk in my VFF. Nice weather. Loving all the fresh air.

Comment

Macadamias and 2 bananas during the night. Leftover strawberry waffles for breakfast. Green tea. Water. Supplements. 2 snack sausages. Only a 5 mins walk because I was tired this morning.

Comment

Lunch: salami from farm. Lime Perrier. Raw carrots and celery. Raw cheese.

Snack sausage.

Stevia soda.

Decaf coffee with cream and sugar. Donut. Unfortunately.

I usually have protein in the morning and really noticed that my cravings were earlier in the day than usual. Maybe there's a connection. I am meeting my holistic doctor today so I will ask her what I can do about the cravings. At the beginning of primal eating it was easier. I had less cravings after about 2 weeks and now for about 2 weeks its been worse. It seemed to be around my menses but that's been over and the cravings are not.

Not much movement today except car to door about 3 times round trip. It's raining but I am still going to try to walk tonight. I'll just wear my rain poncho. My dog sports one too. That actually sounds fun. Bbl.

Comment

Keep at it Tandy. You can do it.

I have had emotional issues all my life, undiagnosed except by me. Definitely bi-polar. Not so much the depression, which has been about like most folks' but manic inappropriate behavior. Fortunately/unfortunately lots of phobia so not much physically dangerous manic behavior, LOL. Also something like borderline Asperger's syndrome. Five years of Primal has pretty much cleared these up.

Magnesium is good for anxiety. I take citrate and gycinate.

Have you tried more healthy carbs, e.g. root vegetables?
                                Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

Working...
                                X