No announcement yet.

The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are like my hubby, Crabcakes. He can wear shoes for many, many years and cannot understand how I go through mine so quickly. I wanted to point out to him that I don't sit in front of the computer as much as he does, that I am always in motion, but I refrained. Can I get points for making a wise decision, please?

Hell week has begun. Today, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Monday are all booked up and four of those days are away from home. Except for officiating at the wedding, I am staying home in August!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Caution on the Merrells!!!! DO NOT WASH THEM and then put them in dryer. I bought a pair at the outlet mall......... absolutely LOVED them! but I washed and dried them and they shrunk a full 1.5 sizes!!! I can't even wear them now and I'm heart broken. I'm going to take them to the store and see if I can get a replacement.

Edit: just called the store - they won't replace due to shrinkage. Damn. I'm going to Ross.........
      Last edited by tomi; 07-23-2013, 09:14 AM.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I wonder if I could wash them and wear them and wear them until they are dry? It would be a good way to have them mold to my feet which are kind of wonky.

Comment

• I wish I would have tried that before I threw them in the dryer....................... GRRRR! I gave them to my neighbor - she was thrilled! So at least they aren't going to the goodwill. I went to Ross - couldn't find any Merrells, but I bought some sketchers and nikes Not quite the same but good enough.

I owe you a big thank you for you're jump rope idea! I'm loving it - and getting stronger daily because of it! I think this will really kick my weight loss in gear! Have you lost since you started jumping?
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yup, I am down three pounds. Keep in mind that is exchanging fat for muscle so it looks like I have lost so much more. Hit a new low this morning!

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              Yup, I am down three pounds. Keep in mind that is exchanging fat for muscle so it looks like I have lost so much more. Hit a new low this morning!
              Who would ever guess you would get congratulated in a new LOW... !

Go honeybuns!
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Hoping I see the same results!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yet another new low this morning. I ate way more yesterday than I normally do so this shows me that I have not been eating sufficient calories for my activity level.
                  May I have a big round of applause for 175.1?

Comment

• *Applause*

Comment

• WOOO HOOOOO! YEAH! WAY TO GO!

What is your goal weight? I don't remember how tall you are................your picture makes you look kinda tall - like about 5'6". So I'm thinking you must be getting close to your goal weight?
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I am 5' 10" . Shooting for anything under 170. More so, my goal is to have a toned body regardless of weight.

Comment

• See I thought you were tall. I'm 5'3" and currently at 184 ............... I feel like a whale. Until I was 40 I was able to maintain my weight right around 135-145 - I'm comfortable at that weight and that is my target. Obviously I'd like to shoot for 135, but will be okay with anything under 145. I have or had........ a good muscle structure, and am rebuilding it again so I know I won't be able to go much under 140 without really trying hard or really restricting calories - which I now know is not the answer.

Anyway............. I hate the thought of still having 40-50 pounds to go, but it is what it is...........
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I was always 135 until I was 145. At my most muscled, I was 160. It is best not to set a number goal. Strive for a fitness goal, LGN goal, not a number goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                              I am 5' 10" . Shooting for anything under 170. More so, my goal is to have a toned body regardless of weight.
                              I'm 5'10" also. The thing about us Amazonians is that it is really easy to let the pounds creep up on you because a few don't show as much. Not right away anyway. People say, "You can carry the weight, you're tall." And you can but then five extra turns into ten extra etc.

I started low carb at 210, PB at 180, made it down to 145 by the time I got back from climbing Kilimangaro. That was the perfect spot and I'm looking to get back to it. Right now I'm hovering in the low 160s.

I've recently found out how many Meetup groups there are around that have to do with hiking. I've been on two already this week and have another one tomorrow. Hiking is so much more fun than going to a gym.

Comment

• Yes.......... my ultimate goal is to LGN. I'm just estimating what that corresponds to on the number system....... I looked pretty good nekid at 135. 125 and my hip bones jut out too much.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X